PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here who loves the Twilight Series?

Kirsten
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow, I have to admit I'm totally addicted to these books! When I read the first one, I was just curious to find out what all the hype is all about, and first I thought it's just a teenage novel, but then I was drawn into the story, and kind of fell under Edward Cullen's spell! LOL

I'm currently reading the third one, Eclipse, and after that, there will be a break because I figure it will take a while until Breaking Dawn is available as a paperbook here in Germany. I have also bought the first movie on dvd, and I enjoyed it a lot, so I guess I will also order the New Moon-movie in April, when the dvd is going to be released.

I'm actually no big fan of love stories, but this one is really special, and IMO, it's more a story about multicultural tolerance anyway.

Anyone else here who loves the books, or/and the movies?

Kirsten

Karen
02-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I liked the books, but didn't think the movie did the book justice.

Kirsten
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh, I thought they didn't change the storyline too much for the movie. Or do you just think the actors they've chosen were just not fitting in?

Kirsten

Karen
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I didn't have much quibble with the casting, though thought they could have at least tried to find a young Native American to play Jake ... I just didn't think there was the emotional depth, and really thought the "vampire in sunlight" effect was poorly done, and a lot was left out.

Kirsten
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
and really thought the "vampire in sunlight" effect was poorly done,

Oh, I totally agree on this one!! The imagination I got from reading about that in the book was much better!! :D

Kirsten

Roxyluvsme13
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I adore Twilight. Edward Cullen in on my bedroom door :o and I have a jacket and the books and the movie and some other books that related to filming and stuff like that. Okay, so maybe I'm a tad bit obsessed :p

I didn't like the first movie at all, the casting was okay (although I think Kristen Stewart can't act well--she did do better in New Moon though).

The books are my favorite though :)

Alysser
02-01-2010, 04:23 PM
The only thing of twilight I was able to stand was the 2nd movie, and Taylor Laughtner :love: I HATE romance more then any type of book series and although it's half my speed (Sci-fi: werewolf and vampires) I do not like there interpretation of vampires whatsoever. Not to mention, Stephanie Meyer cannot write a book for her life lol, sorry to totally attack you twilight lovers it's just not something I like at all. I'm usually the odd one out with these "obsession" series anyway - besides POTC of course ;)

Roxyluvsme13
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
The only thing of twilight I was able to stand was the 2nd movie, and Taylor Laughtner :love: I HATE romance more then any type of book series and although it's half my speed (Sci-fi: werewolf and vampires) I do not like there interpretation of vampires whatsoever. Not to mention, Stephanie Meyer cannot write a book for her life lol, sorry to totally attack you twilight lovers it's just not something I like at all. I'm usually the odd one out with these "obsession" series anyway - besides POTC of course ;)
I have to agree that I don't think Stephenie is a great writer, haha. I love Twilight to pieces, but she's definitely not the best writer. Although The Host was tons better than the Twilight saga. If you haven't read it, you should.

And the POTC days were the best *sigh*

Genny
02-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I've never read any of the books, but I did like Twilight. I never got a chance to see New Moon, so I really wanna see that ;/

Russian Blue
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I really liked the books....a total escape! In the movies, not a fan at all of Kristen Stewart - to me she's emotionless and she looks drugged all the time. :rolleyes:

I finally saw New Moon this weekend......and I was so disappointed. The biggest part of New Moon is Edward leaving her. Yet I didn't feel real emotion in that scene. If Edward was leaving me I'd be yelling my head off at him, not just curling up on the ground and acting dead. :D

The only thing I liked in the movie were the Volturi and finally seeing Jake/wolf pack. To me the rest of the movie was a yawn and dragged on. I kept looking at my watch.

I'm really hoping Eclipse will be better. It's coming out in IMAX theatres in June and hopefully the movie will have a faster pace with the fight scenes!

trayi52
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I have just seen the first movie, but haven't read any of the books. I liked the movie. Both my daughters were so crazy about the movies that they also read the books. My oldest daughter went to see the first one five or six times.

Willie:)