PDA

View Full Version : Poor hannah

sparks19
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
she's been so pitiful and out of the ordinary the past few days. she's getting her second set of molars and those are NO fun for anyone but I also wonder if she doesn't have a bit of a cold as well. She's been out and about a lot lately (cabin fever lol)

I've been giving her motrin and sometimes it helps but for the most part she is drooling like crazy and chewing on her hands and anything she can get her hands on. I've started using some orajel too to number her gums. her bottoms are almost all the way through but the tops are just starting and not through yet.

Also it's a full moon and she REALLY reacts to that lol so do the dogs. it's a crazy house in here when there is a full moon. I can pretty much tell you when there is a full moon without looking because she is SO easy going and so well behaved any other time even when sick or sore but a full moon brings out the crazy in her and the dogs.

Yesterday we took her to a little petting zoo carnival thing and she wanted nothing to do with it which is NOT like her at all.

seriously... she is the most easy going girl ever. she doesn't complain or grump or anything unless something is really wrong. so I know this is really causing her pain.

so tonight I gave her motrin, orajel overnight and put a vicks warmer in her room to help with her nose. the poor girl needs to sleep

I really feel so bad for her. Yesterday afternoon after her nap she just laid on the couch with her pooh bear, some water and a blanket and watched tv. she was feeling pretty lousy.

I HATE when she feels like this and I will do wahtever it takes to make her feel better but even with all her vocabulary and everything else...she still doesn't understand why she feels bad and can't verbalize it.

So please prayers and vibes or whatever that she starts to feel better soon. I don't like my baby girl feeling so bad.

RICHARD
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
This sounds gross...

Trim a green onion and let her chomp on that. My mom swore by that.

It's an old wive's rememdy, but it works.

http://www.naturesnaturalhealing.com/Teething.shtml

sparks19
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL can't say I've ever heard that one before but it's worth a shot lol

RICHARD
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
LOL can't say I've ever heard that one before but it's worth a shot lol

What's more important?

Her comfort or Onion Breath?:eek:;)

Catty1
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Awww, poor little one! I hope she feels all better soon - with such an attentive mom, she will. (Onions or not. ;) ) :love::love:

sparks19
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
What's more important?

Her comfort or Onion Breath?:eek:;)

Hey I don't mind giving it to her to try... just don't know if I can talk her into chewing on it LOL

Awww, poor little one! I hope she feels all better soon - with such an attentive mom, she will. (Onions or not. ;) ) :love::love:

Thank you :o She's in a better mood today for the most part but I can tell her teeth are still bothering her between orajel applications and motrin.

prechrswife
02-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Have you tried the Hyland's Teething Tablets? They have worked well for all 3 of ours. Nothing is 100%, of course, but those really do seem to help.

sparks19
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Have you tried the Hyland's Teething Tablets? They have worked well for all 3 of ours. Nothing is 100%, of course, but those really do seem to help.

I haven't seen those anywhere. Where did you get them from :D I'd like to try them

cassiesmom
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Sweet Hannah! Feel better soon!