PDA

View Full Version : My very first phone interview.. and I should be proud.

CountryWolf07
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
As most of you all know on here - I am hearing impaired - and I dislike talking on the phone because it is not easy. For Christmas, my parents bought me a CapTel phone where I can see "captions" from the caller on the other end. It is pretty cool. It is actually very useful, and I am getting used to it slowly. I am not too confident to talk on the phone sometimes, so a little bit of practice, and it'll be all good in no time. :) I SHOULD be proud of myself - I would resist or refuse to use a phone for any reason, and this is a big step for myself.

So I had my first job interview OVER the phone, and I was nervous about it - I am so much better in person when it comes to a interview one-on-one. Anyways, the interviewer had a heads-up about myself being hearing impaired, and she was VERY understanding about it and took her time and I took my time, and in the end, it turned out to be a very good interview. I meet their requirements, etc. what they are looking for.. I had applied for a job position in the photography/graphics department for the small jewelry company here in Cleveland. Hopefully, I will get a call back this week or next week for a interview, so fingers crossed. Prayers please!

Karen
02-01-2010, 11:14 AM
We are proud of you, too!

lvpets2002
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
:) WooHoo Many Congrats on your phone interview.. So Proud of you.. Fingers Crossed & I hope you get the job..

gini
02-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Congratulations! I hope that you receive a request for an in-person interview. Best of luck to you.

Taz_Zoee
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Congrats! I will be hoping you get the job. It sounds perfect for you. :D

Catty1
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Way to go. :) You SHOULD be proud of you! That sounds like a totally cool phone! Good luck getting the job!

anna_66
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I think that's great:)

Good Luck!

phesina
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
That's WONDERFUL! Congratulations, and well done!

We're all sending our positive energies that you will get called for an interview.

Pat and cats

DJFyrewolf36
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Congrats!!!

Russian Blue
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Good for you!! Keep us posted.

I'd love to interview for a job like that. Need to start looking in my area for something photography related. ;)

Alysser
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
That's a wonderful accomplishment! Good luck, Rachel, I really hope you get this job. :)

Laura's Babies
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Great!! Fingers are crossed for you!

K9karen
02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Congratulations and Good Luck! I hope you can put you wonderful talent to work!

Thanks for the heads up! John's hearing impaired too, and hates talking on the phone (unless it's someone he knows who can talk sustinctly and slow). Hearing aids don't work for him, but I'll bet he'd love that phone.