PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

Nomilynn
01-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Is anyone watching the Grammys? Stephen Colbert (SP??) was so awful. I am admiring the talent of Lady Gaga more and more as well.. she really can sing and play piano.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-31-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm not actually watching the Grammys, but as much of a (I hate to say freak...) Lady GaGa is, man is she a great performer!!:eek: I love her music, too.:)

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 11:05 PM
I just finished watching it. Overall I thought it was a pretty good show. Lots of good perfomances. Enjoyed Lady Gaga and Elton John. Loved, loved, loved Pink! Beyonce was good. Really liked the Michael Jackson song. Thought Jamie Fox was awful. I think I would have enjoyed Lil Wayne and Eminem if it hadn't been all blocked out. I assume that is what it was unless it was my tv or dvr. Oh, and I liked Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks.

sparks19
01-31-2010, 11:12 PM
I didn't watch.. b ut really was the M tribute just ONE song?

Laura's Babies
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Yes, it was only one song but it was BEAUTIFUL the way they did it!

I only watched it because Andrea Bocelli and Mary Blige were on to sing Bridge over Troubled Water to raise money for Haiti. Ha! He has to really SING to keep her from out singing him.. I LOVED it... You can buy the song at itunes.com/target .... I got mine soon as they put that address up... 100% of the proceeds go to Haiti.

Actually, the whole show was a lot better than I thought it would be. I haven't watched one in years.

Nomilynn
01-31-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm curious about where we were supposed to get 3D glasses ahead of time to watch the Michael Jackson segment?

ChrisH
02-01-2010, 04:50 AM
No Green Day fans on board? :D Never mind. Best Rock Album? Oh, Yes!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thrasher.gif :D

RobiLee
02-01-2010, 05:16 AM
No Green Day fans on board? :D Never mind. Best Rock Album? Oh, Yes!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thrasher.gif :D

Oops, forgot about Green Day! Really enjoyed their performance with the Broadway cast too.

sparks19
02-01-2010, 12:42 PM
you could get the glasses at Target stores.

I saw the tail end of the MJ tribute. I thought I had missed it all but it was just the one song so I didn't miss as much as I thought I had.

but that was all we watched of it. we were engrossed in planet earth LOL so I missed the grammy's show.

who won album of the year?

caseysmom
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
you could get the glasses at Target stores.

I saw the tail end of the MJ tribute. I thought I had missed it all but it was just the one song so I didn't miss as much as I thought I had.

but that was all we watched of it. we were engrossed in planet earth LOL so I missed the grammy's show.

who won album of the year?

Taylor Swift much to my daughters delight. I was rooting for my girl Lady Gaga

sparks19
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Taylor Swift much to my daughters delight. I was rooting for my girl Lady Gaga

I thought it would end up being Taylor swift :)

cassiesmom
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh, and I liked Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks.

Me too! That is one iTune I might have to have.

Laura's Babies
02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
A lot of the videos are on You Tube of the performances, at least they were today.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grammy+awards+2010+performanc es&search_type=&aq=0&oq=Grammy+Awards+2010

blue
02-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Not dissing the Grammy's or those that watch it, but I have never ever watched it.
Not having a TV now helps.
I did originally open this thread thinking it was about Grandmothers.