PDA

View Full Version : A couple of iPod Touch questions...

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Hello All!

I just was at iTunes and downloaded a tv show. I can't figure out how to get it on my iPod so that I can watch it on my lunch break at work tomorrow. Could someone help me with that?

Also, I was wondering what types of podcasts everyone listens too and if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks for your help!

Moesha
01-31-2010, 04:49 PM
I have no idea, but Laura's_Babies posted a similar type situation with her iPhone. Perhaps it is something like what she did. Here is the link to her thread. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=158944) Someone else may have a better answer for you if this doesn't work.

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
I think you just need to import it into iTunes and it should be under your movies section and then you would connect your iPod and it would add itself on there.

I don't listen to any podcasts; however I'm sure someone else will give some recommendations!

:)

Karen
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
You need to plug your iPod into your computer, and then tell it to sync. You may have it set to not sync everything, so when your iPod is plugged in, open iTunes and then hit your iPod' icon over in the left column. You'll see options to "Sync only checked songs and videos," or to "Manually manage music and videos," and so choose whichever you'd like, then sync, and after it's done, your show should be on the iPod!

I listen to A Prairie Home Companion Podcast, and a Bluegrass one, but the Bluegrass one hasn't been updated in a while, I just keep them there for when I feel like hearing it again!

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, still confused :confused:

Karen, I did sync the iPod but now I don't see any tv show listing on it. Where would the tv show show up on my iPod? On the iPod I have all my apps. and then at the bottom of the menu is the Music,videos, safari and app store. I can't find the tv show at all.

Karen
01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, still confused :confused:

Karen, I did sync the iPod but now I don't see any tv show listing on it. Where would the tv show show up on my iPod? On the iPod I have all my apps. and then at the bottom of the menu is the Music,videos, safari and app store. I can't find the tv show at all.

The TV show would count as a "video." Did you go into your preferences to make sure it synced that category?

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
I went to Preferences and TV shows has a check mark. I synced it again and still can't find it on my iPod.

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Yay! I got it! Thanks Karen :D

Karen
01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
You're welcome! I love my little iPod Touch!

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 07:02 PM
You're welcome! I love my little iPod Touch!

Ditto to that!

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Ditto to that!

Double Ditto ;)

My sister and brother-in-law gave it to me for Christmas and I just love it. I use it almost every day. I think its just the coolest little thing!

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Double Ditto ;)

My sister and brother-in-law gave it to me for Christmas and I just love it. I use it almost every day. I think its just the coolest little thing!
It's probably one of my favorite electronic devices ever. I got mine for Christmas 08 and I absolutely adore it, hehe. :love:

CountryWolf07
01-31-2010, 09:03 PM
I love mine too as well! It's 8gb.. and I got it at a good price, $140.. it's only two years old, in like-new condition, and STILL under warranty. The reason I did this was that I wanted to have a smaller one to start off with, and I keep hearing rumors that eventually there will be a camera ON the new Ipod Touch coming out this spring/summer.. but who knows?
I take mine with me everywhere I go. It BEATS having to carry a laptop with me while I can just go on the Touch and surf the web, e-mail, etc. MAIN reason why I got it was its Wi-Fi capabilities. :)

Russian Blue
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
My husband purchased one for me for Christmas. Absolutely love it! When I recently went to the Caribbean I downloaded some books and really enjoy having such a small item that can do so much! I even downloaded the 'flashlight and alarm clock app and it came in handy while on vacation!

My current favourite apps are Epicurious and Allrecipes. When I can't figure out what to cook for dinner I just use their recipe searches.