PDA

View Full Version : Our latest addition!

cyber-sibes
01-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Meet Moo, our newest pack member. Kind of a long story how we ended up with another dog so soon, I really had not planned on adding one for awhile yet, but here she is. She was here for a week "probation".

(sorry, photobucket is totally not cooperating, I'll have to attach them)

She's a doll! She fit right in and I don't think she doubted for a moment that this wasn't going to be her furever home. And Mr. Jack isn't lonely anymore!

luvofallhorses
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
She's precious!

chocolatepuppy
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
What a beauty! :love: Welcome Moo!:D

Alysser
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
She's gorgeous! Congratulations on your new addition, I hope she helps you guys heal a bit more and I'm glad to see Mr. Jack no longer alone. :D Welcome to your forever home pretty Moo!

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
She is beautiful! I'm very happy for you. Jack and Moo look like a perfect pair. How old is she? How did she get her name? I would love to hear her story!

Give both the furbabies big hugs from me.

cyber-sibes
01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Robin, she & Jack are only 6 weeks apart in age! He'll be 5 on March 31st, she'll be 5 on May 22nd - which is also my oldest son's birthday.

She got her name because when she was born, they thought her all-white face looked more like a baby cow than a Siberian, so they named her Moo. Her AKC is Layaza's DQ Moolatte. Since Jack's AKC is "Destiny 's DaVinci", she's our "Moona Lisa". We think Moo is a pretty cute name.

She was shown till she was 1 1/2. An infection ended her career for show/breeding. (Her father is a very well-know Champion Siberian.) After that, she was placed in a home with a special needs child in a wheelchair. A short time later, they were moving & couldn't keep her anymore, so she was returned to her home kennel. She's been there ever since. She's had other Sibes as kennel mates, but her best friend is a pug named Frank. That's about all we know.

She's a little dynamo, very playful & happy. Her coat is amazing - very dense, silky. She follows me everywhere!

Karen
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
She's a beauty, and looks like the perfect sister for Jack. She's such a happy-looking girl, congratulations!

Although I don't think a meeting between Donna's Moo (Shoo) and yours would ever be advisable!

MonicanHonda
01-31-2010, 05:15 PM
She is gorgeous. And I absolutely love her name. :) Moolatte. :) Her eyes definitely look interesting on an all white face. I can just SEE how soft and smooth she is.

Queen of Poop
01-31-2010, 05:37 PM
She is Beautiful!!! Welcome Moo sweetie. Please give her a big hug/kiss from me.:love:

lizbud
01-31-2010, 05:47 PM
How wonderful, for you and for Jack.:D

She looks so young. Welcome to PT Moo :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Congrats!!!:D She's gorgeous and I also love her name.:)

CountryWolf07
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Adorable girl! :) Congrats. Glad to see Jack loves his new sister!

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 06:42 PM
She is a beautiful cutie! Congratulations. She and Jack already seem to be getting along great. :love:

Casper
01-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Welcome to PT, Moo! :love:

She sure is a beautiful girl... looks like she fits right in.
Is one of her eyes half brown and half blue?

cyber-sibes
01-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Welcome to PT, Moo! :love:

She sure is a beautiful girl... looks like she fits right in.
Is one of her eyes half brown and half blue?
Yup, her right eye is about 1/3 blue on the bottom up towards the inner side. Makes her look a little cross-eyed on some pics, but its really cool how the light reflects off the blue.

cassiesmom
01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi, Miss Moo! I already read about you on Jack's blog but I decided not to say anything, lest I prematurely spill the beans ;)

RobiLee
01-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Pat, thanks so much for telling me more about her. I love how she got her name and it works perfectly. I just caught up on your blog and I truly enjoyed it.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Miss Moo!

Freedom
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Beautiful Moo! Such a lucky gal, to have Jack for in your furever home! Oh, I can just imagine the 2 of you having fun together!

Blessings to the new family group!

K9karen
01-31-2010, 09:06 PM
I couldn't be happier for you! Moo is beautiful! I'm so thrilled Jack has a little sister!

anna_66
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Ditto to everything said above! She looks like the perfect mate for Jack and a perfect addition to your family Pat:D

I couldn't be happier for all of you!!!!

I'll be looking forward to reading all the adventures Jack and Moo have.

Husky_mom
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
what a doll!!.. she´s super cute.. love the partieye.. and the open face.... aaand i think Moo is a very lovely name.. I love it :D

those two are gonna have sooo much fun.. I can see it in their eyes...oh.. boy.. that´s gonna be a riot ;)

Taz_Zoee
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Welcome to a wonderful family Moo!
My sister had a greyhound named Maggie but we always called her Maggie Moo which was shortened to Moo. I think it's a great name.
I absolutely love the bi-colored eye and the unique markings (or lack of) on her face. Beautiful!!! :D :D

cassiesmom
02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=44795&d=1264974240
Miss Moolatte, I love how your face is kind of the "opposite" of Jack's - you have white where he has black.
Hughughughughughughughughughughughug (I had some catching up to do),
elyse

boomersooner
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
She's a doll!!!

4 Dog Mother
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Wow, Pat it looks like I came back at just the right time. What a beauty Moo is! I think she must be the perfect fit for your family!

KYS
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM
She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to your new family addition.

cassiesmom
02-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Dear God,

Could you please make it snow for Jack and Moo? They are Sibes, you know, and happy, smart and fluffy -- well-suited for a snowy day.

Thank you,
Elyse

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=44795&d=1264974240

*LabLoverKEB*
02-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Moo is a very pretty girl! Congratulations on the new addition!!

finn's mom
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh she is an angel!

wolf_Q
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Congratulations!! Wow she's a beauty, she looks great with Jack too. She looks pretty small, maybe like the same size as Keva (40-45 lbs), how big is she? I'm very happy for you guys, Moo is adorable and the name is cute too! :love:

cyber-sibes
02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks everyone! Our little Moo girl is on the petite side - 42 lbs. She's solid as a rock, though, all muscle & springs. She jumps amazingly high in the air, and literally bounces all over the place. She is just sooo good-natured, a very happy girl. She & Jack get along great together. I think she is very very happy to be in a real home.

tikeyas_mom
02-10-2010, 09:12 PM
congrats and welcome to pettalk Moo!!!! Looks likeJack is enjoying the company of such a pretty husky girl! :D

MoonandBean
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
OMD! I'm just catching up on this now. She is sooooo beautiful and looks like she really loves being Jack's new sister. I think I see a little admiration in her eyes :) Congratulations on your new addition and thanks for giving her a great furrever home!!

shais_mom
02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
that's awesome! she's gorgeous!

Denyce
02-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Moo is simply beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Sequoia. But you know how it is...we all are biased. :D

dab_20
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Congrats on the new addition! Moo is an adorable name and is she ever a beauty! Looks like she fits right in :)

Ginger's Mom
02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
She is a very pretty little girl. Congratulations. She has a great smile, and you can tell she knows she has hit the jackpot as far as new homes go. :)

cyber-sibes
02-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Moo may think she's hit the jackpot, but lately she's been demonstrating a lot of un-approved behaviors for Jack. She loves to counter surf & that's getting her in trouble indoors. She loves to chew things up and that's not a good thing outdoors, like tonight when I found black twisted nubs of plastic that turned out to be remnants of the knobs off the grill. Or the scattering of wood chips that used to be the arms on the bench... or the pile of ***** that used to be a stuffie. :confused: Not sure what to do about it, but I'm worried she'll swallow something that will cause her a major problem. She has plenty of Nylabones & toys for chainsaw chewers, but they must not be as much fun to chew on.:(

lizbud
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Moo may think she's hit the jackpot, but lately she's been demonstrating a lot of un-approved behaviors for Jack. She loves to counter surf & that's getting her in trouble indoors. She loves to chew things up and that's not a good thing outdoors, like tonight when I found black twisted nubs of plastic that turned out to be remnants of the knobs off the grill. Or the scattering of wood chips that used to be the arms on the bench... or the pile of ***** that used to be a stuffie. :confused: Not sure what to do about it, but I'm worried she'll swallow something that will cause her a major problem. She has plenty of Nylabones & toys for chainsaw chewers, but they must not be as much fun to chew on.:(

Sounds like she gets bored easily.:confused: I sure hope you come up
with a fix for this. She could get into some real stomach problems. Is she
doing any better now?

Cincy'sMom
02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Not sure how I missed this, but Congrats!! She is a beauty!

cyber-sibes
02-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Is she
doing any better now?The last 2 days have been good. I got her an additional ring-shaped Nylabone. It was her first trip to Petco, and boy did she turn on the charm! They weren't very busy, and I think every clerk in there came over to pet her & oouu & ahhh. :rolleyes:

Thanks Amy! She is a cutie, and she loves to play with Jack! It's so good to see him romping around & being happy again.

cassiesmom
02-20-2010, 11:22 AM

Dear Miss Moo, please please don't surf the counters. That doesn't go over well with Hu-Mom. And, please only chew approved chewables, okay? I don't want you ingesting something you oughtn't.

I would be delighted to oooh and aahhh over you at Petco or anywhere else! For now I will keep oooh and aaahh-ing from the computer.

Hugs (and hugs and hugs and more hugs for woo and for Jack-A-roo!)
Your admiring fan
Elyse

cassiesmom
02-24-2010, 12:50 PM
It is Moo's one-month Got-Cha anniversary!

Details http://sscyber-sibes.blogspot.com/2010/02/1-moonth-annimoosery.html

Cinder & Smoke
02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
... but lately she's been demonstrating a lot of un-approved behaviors for Jack.

She loves to counter surf & that's getting her in trouble indoors.
She loves to chew things up and that's not a good thing outdoors,
like tonight when I found black twisted nubs of plastic that turned out to be
remnants of the knobs off the grill.
Or the scattering of wood chips that used to be the arms on the bench...
:(

:eek:

Careful, Moo --- they sell ONE-way bus tickets ya know!

Chewin up Dad's grill and Jack's bench are NOT smart moves.

Kalei
02-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow, she is absolutely gorgeous!! I love huskies so so much, your's has the coloring of a grey wolf, sooo beautiful :)