PDA

View Full Version : Can I brag? (iPhone related)

Laura's Babies
01-31-2010, 10:44 AM
I have been trying for weeks to figure out how to put my You Tube video's on my iPhone 3GS. I tried and tried and couldn't do it. I deleted them (YT videos) over and over, unistalled downloaders and converters and reinstalled them... figuring along the way, I would realize what I was doing wrong. I could only get them into iTunes but not get them on my phone. There is little to no information in iTunes help or on the internet on how to do it and the converter instructions only give instructions on how to convert them for the iPhone and ends there.

I asked a neighbors son who has a iPhone and is very computer smart how to do it and he said it can't be done... it's impossiable. I just couldn't believe they would have these programs out there to download and convert them to iPhones and it be impossiable to do.. So I didn't give up.

I knew there was some little something I needed to do but couldn't figure out what it was or even how to find out what it was I needed to do.. They WERE in my iTunes so I was missing something... I just assumed iTunes would put them directly on my phone like it did my music and ringtones and it wouldn't!

I posted on another forum I go to and asked. Explained how far I had gotten and asked how to get them on the phone now that they were converted and in iTunes... Well, I got a immediate response and it was a simple little something I needed to do. You have to set up iTunes to load them onto the phone and that was just a simple matter of checking a box in movies. If you didn't know where to go to do that ONE simple step (or how to get there) they wouldn't load on the phone...

You have to click on the phone under devices (in iTunes, left side of the screen) and it takes you to a page with tabs at the top. Click on movies and that takes you to a page where the box it that you have to check "sync movies" and that was the part I was missing! It was THAT simple!

Now I can watch my favorite You Tube video's while I am on the boat and don't have internet service! I am SO proud of this accomplishment!

gini
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Good gosh girl, you are way ahead of me! Congratulations!

Marigold2
01-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Way to go, brag away!!

Barbara
01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
I am happy with you to brag as I am such a stupid person if it comes to things like this- so you are very welcome :D