PDA

View Full Version : To all who lost their precious kitty

rg_girlca
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I am sorry that I haven't been around lately, but I just want to say how very sorry I am for all those who have lost their precious kitty. I didn't want to post in any of the threads because I didn't want them to lose their spots and that's why I am doing it this way.

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you as I know all to well what you are going through.
May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.
Our pets are a gift from heaven, but we don't get to keep them nearly long enough!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you all.

Here's a poem that I hope will help everyone with their grieving and with any guilt that you may be feeling.

MAY I GO

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.

I want to go, I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you too.
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me.
you'll let me go today.

Dedicated to everyone who has had to
put down a beloved pet.

by; Susan A. Jackson

Scooter's Mom
01-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Your post and poem have started my tears again.

It was a week today that we had to say goodbye to my bestest friend, Scooter Bug. I still don't sleep well b/c he isn't with me. I miss him more than I ever imagined I could.

Thank you for the words and poem.

Soapets
01-31-2010, 12:59 AM
That is beautiful, Lorraine! I haven't been on here for awhile either, but just posted an update on all of my babies in cat general, and a memorial about my beloved Sandi in the dog memorial forum. This poem comes at such a perfect time for me, and I am sure for so many others. I still miss your Willy, and can't believe he's really gone. I haven't had the heart to tell Annie yet....

I am still having a difficult time dealing with the loss of Sandi last week, and haven't had the energy or the will power to post anything about it on here until after I made a memorial for her on Critters.com. That helps some. We left her body at the Vet's, so we don't have a grave here for her like we have for our Angel. The memorial on Critters.com helped a lot, because it shows that she was on this earth and that she did have a life here, and even though she is gone her memory isn't, and there are pictures of her, etc. We have pictures of her and Alex when we first got her, when he was just 5 years old himself, and they bring back a lot of fond memories............

I'll quit for now. Thank you so much for posting that poem..........

Medusa
01-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Thank you for the lovely poem and kind words. I still miss my Pidgie Pie who passed just a few days before Christmas and her man Boo does, too. He's on my lap right now getting some extra lovin'. Hope all is well w/you. :)

moosmom
01-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Oh Katie, thank you for posting such a beautiful poem. It's been 4 months since I lost my precious Mollie Rose and a day doesn't go by that I don't have this hole in my heart. She was my very first kitty and had been with me though so many heartbreaks. My heart still aches for you sweet pea.

Thanks Katie. Hope things are well with you. :love::love:

Barbara
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Thank you Lorraine. We lost Tigris in September. We miss him every day.

katladyd
01-31-2010, 04:10 PM
It's been two years since we lost Kitty and 18 months since Tomas passed. We still tear up whenever we think of them. We love our other cats very, very, much but that doesn't mean you don't miss the ones no longer there. It does get easier with time, but some part of you is always missing them.:love:

trayi52
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Lorraine, that was a beautiful poem. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Willy. He was the sweetest little thing.

I haven't been on pet talk much either. Just got down in the dumps about the loss of Mario, and Buffy too. It sure is hard to lose your babies, isn't it?

I hope you get to feeling better real soon, and start posting again.

Willie

rosethecopycat
01-31-2010, 07:48 PM
For my miracle Malfi. He left me on Feb 11, almost a year now.
I miss him and how my life was just one year ago now.

phesina
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you so much, Lorraine. That is just beautiful.

Pat, with more LES

DriftyAlison0
02-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks. The poem will help others. It has helped me.

It will be 7 months the 12th of this month that our precious Tigger passed away.

RedHedd
02-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I love this poem. It brings me back to that last moment with my Mitzi. She is gone, but not forgotten. My little Buddha cat, curly girl, Mitzi bits .... I will always love you.

carole
02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Aww Lorraine that poem sure made me cry, but it was beautiful ,since it is only three days ago i lost my precious Ash,it was very touching and really sums it all up so well, thanks for sharing.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
It's been 8 long months since I had to let Leonardo go. I still cry when I see a picture of him. Sometimes I miss him so much I can hardly breathe. Eventhough I have 2 new ones plus my Grandma and Chester kitties, no other will ever take Leonardo's place or Luke's either for that matter. Thank you for the beautiful poem. :love:

Genny
02-15-2010, 10:39 PM
I read that poem and it made me cry. It made me think of my collie Monzaya that died when I was 17.