PDA

View Full Version : It's called a what?

Laura's Babies
01-29-2010, 04:14 PM
I went to our local Lowes today and thought while there, I'd look for something to replace Amy recliner that she would feel safe and secure in and wouldn't have to fear falling from. The recliner is a eye sore because of keeping it coverd to keep the cat hair off of it and nobody but Amy ever uses it.

I looked at the kitchen/bathroom cabinets and there were some good possiabilities with modifications made to them. They would need finishing also.

Then I decided to look in the already done stuff that comes in boxes that you put together yourself. They had 2 of these put together, one stacked on top of the other so I looked and looked to see how much they were. WOW! Those things were normally $75! ON SALE for $29.99! I KNEW it was exactly what I was looking for so I got it and brought it home. About a hour later, my girls have their own little corner and it's PERFECT! It was something for a closet.. I call it a "Kitty Corner"!

Put together and in place empty
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1004.jpg

Done with the cat beds...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1008.jpg

Amy and Giz has checked out the beds and Samantha has been on the very top checking out the view.

LOWE'S $29.99!

Pinot's Mom
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
What a comfy looking little condo!:)

catmandu
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
What a bargain!:cool::cool:
And its purrfect , its Cat Sized!!:love::love:
I can see Your Cats curled up there on a Sunny Day Laura!!:):)
You are A Good Meeeowmie :love::love::love::love:

lvpets2002
01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
:eek: WoW what a good bargin.. Oh my babies would love that.. Congrats Amy & babies on your new play house..

kb2yjx
01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
That is great!! May I ask you what is the height?? Thank you...

3Catcondo
01-29-2010, 06:46 PM
:) What a great idea. That would be perfect in my room for the fur kids.
Thanks for sharing!

happylabs
01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
That is very cool! I want one!!!

Freedom
01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Very nice! Great find, great buy, great idea!

Laura's Babies
01-29-2010, 08:41 PM
kb2yjx- It is 42 inches high and 22 /12 by 22 1/2 inches. The shelf inside you can move to whatever height you want.

LOL! I had a man check the price on the computer to make sure it was REALLY on sale and while he looked it up, I told him what it was for and told him I thought it was PERFECT.... but the price made it twice as PERFECT! I was ready to pay that $75 for it and not bat a eye because it was so prefect!

It is suppose to attach to the wall but I didn't attach it, it is real sturdy and being in the corner helps keep it from moving at all when one would jump on it. If I'd stacked 2 of them, I would defiantly attach them to the wall but I didn't need 2 of them..

Catlady711
01-29-2010, 10:56 PM
That is a seriously cool idea!!!!! I would have never thought of using a stand from Lowes as a kitty condo. WTG!:D

krazyaboutkatz
01-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Laura, you've come up with another wonderful idea for cats. It looks great and I'm sure that they'll all enjoy it for years to come.:) One question I have though. How long do you think it'll take before one of them knocks the angel down or completely off of the top of the new kitty condo? Mine would knock it off within minutes.;)

Laura's Babies
01-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Samantha has already been up there. That is why the angel is shoved so far back. Samantha likes places like that and I know eventually, Giz will get up there and check it out. If there is nothing for her to bat around, she will loose interest fast.

I WILL move it before I leave for work...

Medusa
01-30-2010, 05:51 AM
I want to buy one for the Fur Posse but when I thought about it, I remembered that they have 3 cat condos and they only sleep on the top part. The other two compartments never get used so I don't know if this would work for them. It's a great idea, though, and I'm glad that your kitties are enjoying it.

moosmom
01-30-2010, 09:02 AM
I wish I had room for one of those. Laura, you are a genius!!!! It's amazing how pet people look at obvious pieces of furniture, and turn them into something totally different, in an order to make their cats happy. Great minds think alike!:p

Laura's Babies
01-30-2010, 09:33 AM
I KNEW what I wanted! I went looking at Lowe's with that in mind. It had to be something Amy would feel safe in, something steady and pretty private with a place on top for Samantha or Giz.. The fact that it had another shelf is what made it so perfect... I wanted to just get rid of that chair for something neater looking.

I WISH I had room for another one.. Think of this.. a place also to hide a litter box!

RedHedd
01-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Very nice!

Don Juan's mom
01-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Laura, you've come up with another wonderful idea for cats. It looks great and I'm sure that they'll all enjoy it for years to come.:) One question I have though. How long do you think it'll take before one of them knocks the angel down or completely off of the top of the new kitty condo? Mine would knock it off within minutes.;)

Two words: Quake Wax (TM). :cool:

They might still knock it off the condo, but not quite as easily.

Laura's Babies
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Two words: Quake Wax

:eek: I never heard of that, didn't know there was anything out there like that so I did a quick search.. WOW! I am impressed!

Quick question Don Juan's mom, would that rubberized shelf stuff work just as well, shelf liner I thing it is called... the beady looking stuff that is full of holes that you roll out?.. We do use that on the boat and can buy that stuff everywhere around here.. I even have some around here and am going to try it!

cassiesmom
01-31-2010, 06:53 PM
What a great kitty napping place/hidey spot! :D

momcat
01-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Laura, That's a dynamite idea!!!!! I nominate you for "Meowmie of the Year"!

Trinityagain
02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I second that nomination!

Karen
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd be tempted to stencil some hearts and paw prints on it, otherwise, it's perfect!

cassiesmom
02-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Shelf liner? (I'm sure you can find the lattice type cheaper than the Container Store sells it) http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen/pantryOrganizers/drawerShelfLiners

A piece of Dycem? I learned about Dycem when I worked at the Rehabilitation Institute. You put a piece between the plate and the table for someone who only has one functional hand (like a stroke patient) and it keeps the plate from sliding away. Or the telephone ... or anything else you don't want to get away from them.

http://www.dycem-ns.com/dashmat.php

LAURA for MEOWMIE OF THE YEAR!

Laura's Babies
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd be tempted to stencil some hearts and paw prints on it, otherwise, it's perfect!

Ooooooooh KAREN! What a idea!! I love that idea!

LAURA for MEOWMIE OF THE YEAR!

http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/2.gif

Momto4FemaleFelines
02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
That's a nice little corner unit, whether for it's intended purpose or YOURS! I love it! What a great find and great price!