PDA

View Full Version : Blender frustration!!!!

Catty1
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I have used a blender for years, twice a day for my protein shakes.

The last time I went to take it apart for cleaning, it Would Not Budge.

I had to take it to a meeting where I knew a big bruiser guy attended. He ran it under hot water and fixed it!

So, after I washed it and let all the parts dry, I put it back together, not as tightly as before. (The WD40 fumes dissipated shortly after the wash). After each use, I would use the Easy Clean feature, wash and rinse it, and let it drain upside down before returning it to its base.

Tonight I figured it was time to clean it again - AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

After much frustration I ran steaming hot water in the sink. Let it soak on one side; just turned it to the other side a couple of minutes ago.

WHAT GIVES? This used to be so EASY. I'd hate to buy another blender just because it gets stuck and I have no arm muscles.

*sigh*

wombat2u2004
01-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Bummer !!!!

I have used a blender for years, twice a day for my protein shakes.

The last time I went to take it apart for cleaning, it Would Not Budge.

I had to take it to a meeting where I knew a big bruiser guy attended. He ran it under hot water and fixed it!

So, after I washed it and let all the parts dry, I put it back together, not as tightly as before. (The WD40 fumes dissipated shortly after the wash). After each use, I would use the Easy Clean feature, wash and rinse it, and let it drain upside down before returning it to its base.

Tonight I figured it was time to clean it again - AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

After much frustration I ran steaming hot water in the sink. Let it soak on one side; just turned it to the other side a couple of minutes ago.

WHAT GIVES? This used to be so EASY. I'd hate to buy another blender just because it gets stuck and I have no arm muscles.

*sigh*

Laura's Babies
01-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Maybe the parts that you take off are wearing out and it IS time to buy a new one. Years of taking apart and putting back together could have taken a toll on it.

lvpets2002
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
:) Maybe you just need to sit the blender next to you on the couch & talk sweet nice things to it.. Then if that dont work throw it.. :D

Catty1
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that happened with my last boyfriend, Helene....:D

I think I will just keep it and not worry about taking it apart to clean it. I thought that should be done every so often - but obviously everything a fastened so tightly that no crud has a chance of sneaking in anywhere!:p:)

lvpets2002
01-29-2010, 04:43 PM
:p Oppss forgot about your Ex.. Well you have a point if the darn thing is that hard to get apart then there is no way it will get dirty internal..:D

I think I will just keep it and not worry about taking it apart to clean it. I thought that should be done every so often - but obviously everything a fastened so tightly that no crud has a chance of sneaking in anywhere!:p:)

Catty1
01-29-2010, 06:26 PM
It just got a home thru Freecycle...going to a grandmother who is moving in with parents and their kids. :)

RICHARD
01-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Well I met a man out in Hollywood
Now I ain't naming names
Well he really worked me over good
Just like Jesse James
Yes he really worked me over good
He was a credit to his gender
Put me through some changes Lord
Sort of like a Waring blender

Poor poor pitiful me
Poor poor pitiful me
Oh these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me
Woe woe is me

-z&w

wombat2u2004
01-29-2010, 08:35 PM

HAH !!!!! That's such a funny statement....love it !!!! Still laughing here !!!!:D