PDA

View Full Version : Australian Idol winner in my city .....

carole
01-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Yip he is doing free concert downtown,to help with our waitangi, (why tang e)
Celebrations.

Stan Walker won Australian Idol and get this yes he is a kiwi, from Hamilton city, my city, I love his new song Little Black Box, stan himself is a great guy, who turned his life around, from being raised in a gang household, he is now a devoted christian.

I may even go to this concert,as i would love to hear him live.

I actually really admire the Australian public for voting for Stan, he did deserve it, but geez it must be hard to vote in a kiwi over an ozzie,we have quite a rivarly thing going between the two countries, sometimes in fun ,sometimes not, my ozzie friends here will understand what i mean lol.

Laura's Babies
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Now that is reason to clelbrate! Get your stuff together and GO!! Pass up this chance and next time you want to see him it will cost you $$$$$$$!

wombat2u2004
01-29-2010, 07:35 AM
but geez it must be hard to vote in a kiwi over an ozzie,we have quite a rivarly thing going between the two countries, sometimes in fun ,sometimes not, my ozzie friends here will understand what i mean lol.

Ah mate, we don't mind letting our cousins who wear short trousers win !!!! :p

carole
01-30-2010, 05:18 PM
He He, did you watch idol Wom, you gotta admit he deserved to win?

Yes you are right i should go and see him,I probably would not pay to go and see him though anyhow,but i do enjoy his new single and would be good to see him perform.

wombat2u2004
01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
He He, did you watch idol Wom, you gotta admit he deserved to win?

Yes you are right i should go and see him,I probably would not pay to go and see him though anyhow,but i do enjoy his new single and would be good to see him perform.

I watched him a couple of times when I had a bit of time.
But I do have a complaint about him that I feel is truly justified. When the finals was on, my wife and daughter both were glued to the lounge chair, dynamite wouldn't have moved them. It was dinner time, and me, being the only male in the household, was hungry.
That's when the real truths came out. Here was me, starving after a hard day swimming at the beach, and some bloody Kiwi with a voice like Perry Como, takes precedence within my household. I was starving !!!! In all the annals of human suffering, nobody has suffered more than what I did on that day. My complaints to them went unanswered, except for the usual "Get out of the way Dad, your'e not made of glass".
Now I'll get off my soapbox (which I may add, is easier to get up on because I'm at least one full dinner lighter in weight).
But yeah, he did deserve to win.
Wom

carole
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Ha Ha Wom, serves you right for not getting off your butt matey and making yourself and your wife and daughter dinner, an opportunity missed, you could have always picked up the phone and dialed pizza hut,but ok i get ya, all this for the sake of a damn kiwi, i get it lol.:D

wombat2u2004
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Ha Ha Wom, serves you right for not getting off your butt matey and making yourself and your wife and daughter dinner, an opportunity missed, you could have always picked up the phone and dialed pizza hut,but ok i get ya, all this for the sake of a damn kiwi, i get it lol.:D

Well, actually I didn't know he was a Kiwi at the time. Looked just like an ordinary guy singing......no tongue sticking out.....no body covered every square inch with tattoos. It wasn't until I heard him talking to the judge, that I realised he was a kiwi. The judge asked him how many people were in his family, and his reply was "There is sex of us !!!"