PDA

View Full Version : PETA rears it's ugly head (again!)

davidpizzica
01-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I saw a news article this morning saying that Punxatawney Phil should no longer be used to tell when spring is here or not! They want him replaced with an animictronic (sp?) groundhog! The eternal goofballs at PETA figure that bringing Phil out of his cave every Feb 2nd is interrupting his hibernating cycle. Gee, is this all they have to worry about ?? This was on the local Pittsburgh news this morning.

Catty1
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Idiots! I would think that all such groundhogs (Wiarton Willie in Ontario) come out voluntarily.

They should be directing their energy to the animals in Haiti!

sparks19
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I know... let's replace the groundhog with a PETA member. Stick them in a hole somewhere but instead of having them come out Feb 2nd we just put a rock over the hole :D

teehee

lvpets2002
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
:D Hey I second that.. They really called themselves Idiots when they said it was cruel to kill a Fly.. :rolleyes:
I know... let's replace the groundhog with a PETA member. Stick them in a hole somewhere but instead of having them come out Feb 2nd we just put a rock over the hole :D

teehee

happylabs
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
That groundhog probably lives better than some people's children. Have you seen how fat he is?!? I honestly do not think there is any cruelty to animals going on here.

pomtzu
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
They really should let him sleep. How I hate those PA Lottery commercials that he does................:rolleyes:
I'm joking of course.

smokey the elder
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM
PETA...feh and meh.:p

phesina
01-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Sound like a bunch of people with a little too much time on their hands. PETA, you're a PITA!

I like the suggestions of Candace (do something for Haiti's animals instead) and Sparks (replace the groundhog with a PETA member, and then put a rock on the hole on Groundhog Day!).