PDA

View Full Version : Puzzles, puke and patience?

RICHARD
01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I love my newspaper puzzles.

I do two a day, a hard and easy one.

Sometimes Ed will come and sit on my lap and we battle about positioning.

Getting my legs crossed so he can sit in lap, I rest the clipboard on top of him and we go for it. We do have symbiotic relationship.

He gets love and I get a little brain time.

-----------

Today I was puzzling solo when I heard a little squeak and thought, "Oh, oh! Someone is going to blow chunks!"

I have come to know that sound and noticed that Ed was in the kitchen on the tile-no problem I am not going to panic! Easy Wipe Up!!!!!!!

I started to get up off the chair when he scampers into the front room and starts to gag.

NOW I CAN PANIC.....I don't want him to puke on the rug and I don't want to pick him up and have him puke all over me.

Ahhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh.......

I shove the puzzle on the clipboard underneath his face and he pukes all over the puzzle-thank god the clipboard was make of plastic.

He hits the target with with the first wretch!

He turns away because of my sudden charge at him, but it got most of the second one!

The third spasm isn't as bad!
I am thrilled at not having to clean up a huge puddle o' puke!

Then I realized that both my puzzles were covered in Friskies Dry (at one time) food..

I stood there like an idiot for a few seconds and started to laugh.

I went from being happy that Ed's 'mess' wasn't that bad, to being
'puzzled' that all my work was for naught!

I don't mind, that's part of being a pet owner!;):rolleyes::D

LOL, Thank god I wasn't doing my taxes?:o

aTailOf2Kitties
01-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I've played that scenario out before myself. Cat puke is one of the mysteries of life- nobody knows when or why it will appear but you know it's out there.

At least you caught Ed in the act. Nothing wakes you up faster than stepping in/on something squishy in the dark.

katladyd
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I hate cat puke! Ming never, ever, pukes unless he is ill (which is rarely). You know Mac is in the room by the inevitable retching sound (we all know the sound). Mac is the King of the Scarf and Barf! "I Puke, Therefore I Am" is his motto. I, too, have had the stuff squish between my toes in the dark!:eek:

RICHARD
01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
I hate cat puke! Ming never, ever, pukes unless he is ill (which is rarely). You know Mac is in the room by the inevitable retching sound (we all know the sound). Mac is the King of the Scarf and Barf! "I Puke, Therefore I Am" is his motto. I, too, have had the stuff squish between my toes in the dark!:eek:

But, can you send me the puzzles out of the Los Angeles Daily News for tuesday?;)

My OCD is kicking in about now!

LOL, I didn't start Monday's puzzle, I have that, but, not the Tuesday puzzle with the answers, that went into the fireplace....:rolleyes::o:eek:

happylabs
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Yuck. Yesterday I came home from work, took off my shoes and began to give the cats their canned food for dinner. As I walked into the room where their bowls are I stepped directly into a pile of cat puke...in my socks! :eek:

katladyd
01-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Sorry Richard, but I get my news online. Don't worry, another one will come tomorrow!:D

smokey the elder
01-27-2010, 07:01 AM
I can see explaining that to the IRS: "My cat barfed on my tax return!":D

happylabs
01-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Our newspaper has the crossword online. Check the web. :D

Laura's Babies
01-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Giz is the one in my house that you can count on to leave those nice barfs anywhere. Usually she does it on the cat perch, the highest part and over the side, down the wall so I have a whole stream of it to clean up..

lvpets2002
01-29-2010, 02:45 PM
:) Yup that sounds like my Buttons.. Hey I hate it when your half asleep & wake up to go to the bathroom & walk down the hallway & then feel something cold & slimmy & wet under your foot in between your toes.. UUkk
Giz is the one in my house that you can count on to leave those nice barfs anywhere. Usually she does it on the cat perch, the highest part and over the side, down the wall so I have a whole stream of it to clean up..

RICHARD
01-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I got over my lost puzzle..Yesterday, I heard Ed make the "I am going to throw up noise."

I chased him down and caught everything on the paper, again!;)

catmandu
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM
The Found Cats lose their meals once in a while, mostly Scrappy Two and Juke Joint Joseph.
They know that I dont like that, so they make their mess under the kitchen table , and behind the couch.:eek::eek:
I suppose its better than a pile of ex cat food :(:(:(

Catlady711
01-29-2010, 11:03 PM
ROFL :p I've done that 'grab anything handy to catch the puke' thing too. lol Glad that you didn't have a huge mess to clean up, sorry about your puzzles though.

RICHARD
02-02-2010, 10:18 AM
:(LOL, I stepped into a pile of puke this morning.

My crossword was sitting in the driveway, of no use to me at all!:confused::eek:;)

cassiesmom
02-02-2010, 08:40 PM
:) Yup that sounds like my Buttons.. Hey I hate it when you're half asleep & wake up to go to the bathroom & walk down the hallway & then feel something cold & slimy & wet under your foot in between your toes.. UUkk

I'm ROFL, harder and harder, as I read this ... because ... you'll never guess what I stepped in this morning? Yupper, you got it. I heard that unmistakable sound and like Richard, my immediate reaction was to get the cat onto the tile floor, quick! Well... she barfed before I could move her to the bathroom or even grab something for her to throw up on. Just another stain on my carpet.

On a more serious note, I've noticed from the times she has vomited her dry food that she really doesn't chew it well. Should I try to find a dry food with smaller pieces? Put less dry food in the dish? Take her to the vet and have him look at her mouth/teeth? I've been feeding her smaller amounts of gushy food 3 times a day instead of twice, and she's not bringing that up very often anymore.

Thank you all for the laughter and the counsel,
Elyse

GILL
02-03-2010, 08:12 AM
We all most never have a chance to "play catch the puke". With our CREW there is always someone.
My question is WHY HO WHY is it always on my side of the bed. it seems the only other place is at the top of the stairs. I think they all know when to puke.
3 am cause dads going to get up at 3:05 or maybe at 3:15 just before dad comes back up stairs.
I know they can tell time, Lenny for sure, as they WILL NOT wake mom till 5:30 for breakfast.

RICHARD
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=52662&highlight=land+mines

I have worn it!:(:rolleyes: