PDA

View Full Version : RIP Petey Pie

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't know if you all remember a couple of years ago when I was active on PT, I was also very active at that time on a veterans site called Gunners Net.
We had many members, mostly Gunners from around the world, and we had the best time.
Well, the guy who created that site was a real computer whiz, Peter Tibbett was his name, and I spent 3 years with him in Vietnam and Malaya, in those days when we were so fit we could run 20 miles.

Pete fell ill from the effects of Agent Orange when about 45 years of age, and since then has dedicated himself to veterans issues, helping whenever he could with members who had similar health issues, and generally creating wonderful webpages of memories for us all.

Late last year, at age 59, Pete succcummbed finally to the myriad of conditions that had been brought about by his exposure to the "Orange", and passed away quietly in hospital.
He is very sadly missed by all of us members.

His website, which contained thousands of pages of information on the war in Vietnam has now kindly been taken over by the Australian Government War Memorial, to be archived forever..... a fitting tribute to such a great man and a great mate.

Sadly missed by his brother in arms,
Wom

Karen
01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Rest in Peace, sir.