PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pernell Roberts

caseysmom
01-26-2010, 04:50 PM
He wasn't given much media attention but he was my favorite Cartwright.

RIP Mr. Roberts.

Freedom
01-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Saw the notice in today's newspaper. I didn't realize he was in his 80's!!!

Bonanza, and Trapper John MD.

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh no....!!!!
So how many of that team would be left now ???
I'd say Lorne Greene would be gone.
What about Hoss ????
And Little Joe ???

caseysmom
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Pernell was the last remaining Cartwright.

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh......I didn't know that.
I loved that show.
May they all RIP.
Wom

boomersooner
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Dan Blocker who played Hoss died at a young age during the filming in the last years. Michael Landon who played Little Joe died a terrible death from cancer at a young age....Lorne Greene was, of course, older, but I don't remember when he died....I loved that show!! Still watch the reruns.....

caseysmom
01-26-2010, 11:02 PM
I really got into Bonanza last summer when I was layed up with my foot. I had a little crush on Adam and Hoss came in close second.

Barbara
01-27-2010, 02:58 AM
I had that crush on Adam more than 40 years ago - was so sad when they wrote him out of the series. And I remember him singing "Early one morning" to the guitar;)

boomersooner
01-27-2010, 05:34 AM
I read where he hated the show. He didn't like having to say the word "pa" so much. He wanted out, so they wrote him out. Didn't they have him moving back East or something? I think his mother was supposed to be from Boston or Maine or somewhere in the northeast. Little Joe's mom was from New Orleans, and I think Hoss's mom was a swedish woman, but I don't remember.The nice thing about that and Gunsmoke is you can watch so many episodes and never repeat!! LOL

wombat2u2004
01-27-2010, 05:50 AM
I loved those shows to, but haven't seen them since they were first televised
(I know, I know, I'm ancient....LOL).
I loved Bonanza, and yeah Gunsmoke, The Rifleman (Chuck Connors), Have gun will Travel, and another western was really good to, the name escapes me, but the actors name was Payne....Robert Payne I think.
Oh and of course, Davy Crocket. I remember we all went out and bought a Davy Crocket hat. It was so funny, all of these Aussie kids running around with coon skin hats.......I'm sure the oldies were amused, them all wearing the typical Aussie wide brimmed hats.
Wom

trayi52
01-27-2010, 06:33 AM
I loved Pernell Roberts, he was a great actor. I also loved it when he sang "Early one morning" too. I watched him on Trapper John MD, I thought he was great.

Yep, had a crush on him too, but Hoss was my favorite, he was so cute, and funny.

R.I.P. all of the Bonanza crew.

Willie:(

boomersooner
01-27-2010, 06:40 AM
I loved all of those westerns....I was born in 1961 so I watched all of the 50's westerns as reruns, but I loved Wagon Train, Rawhide, and the Virginian. I also loved Gunsmoke, Bonanza, the Rifleman, the High Chaparral and the Big Valley. I'll still tune in if I'm flipping channels. I also thought Hoss was the cutest and funniest....but Michael Landon was a very, very close second!

carole
01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Adam was also my favourite cartwright, i loved that show, i think i was just a kid when it aired, anyone know what year it began,but yes he will be sadly missed.

caseysmom
01-27-2010, 05:37 PM
I actually joined a Bonanza forum while I was injured, very nice people.

boomersooner
01-27-2010, 06:10 PM
You can hear the words to the Bonanza theme song on this site...there is one sung by Lorne Greene and one sung by Johnny Cash....just scroll down to Bonanza....

http://www.televisiontunes.com/b-theme-songs.html