PDA

View Full Version : Memphis zoo pics... including pandas!

aTailOf2Kitties
01-24-2010, 09:17 PM
one of my co-workers was talking the other day about some new exhibits at the Memphis zoo and I realized it had been several years since I had visited. The last few times I had gone I left diasappointed because some of the older exhibits (and the animals in them) were looking kinda shabby. She assured me all of that had been cleaned up so I thought I'd give it another go. The Teton Trek is the newest portion (just opened in the last month or so) and had wolves, grizzlies, and elk and was very nice! One of the bears was playing with a grate he had drug up from somewhere so I took several pics of that. Some of the really really old exhibits were now empty or had different animals in them, but everything is really looking good. Anyway here are a few pics I snapped today. My camera is about 5 years old and only 5 megapixels but the pics are still pretty decent. If some of the pics have a hazy look to them, it's because they were taken through glass.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/DirtyRat/zoo/?start=all

it was kinda intermittantly overcast and early on a Sunday so there weren't many people there, and it was a really good day to go. Temperature was a perfect mid 50's too!

Laura's Babies
01-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Great pictures.. I love Zoo's..

Casper
01-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Great pictures! :) I didn't know they had a new section installed to the zoo.
Just last night we were actually talking about taking a day trip in Feb to the Memphis zoo. We haven't been in years...

Pinot's Mom
01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Really good pictures! My husband and I love to go to the zoo when it's drizzling. No one is there and we just feel like the animals appreciate the company.:)