PDA

View Full Version : Some Exciting News

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Finally getting back into the swing of the internet (yay for wireless built into laptops :p) and I just wanted to share some exciting news.

On Tuesday, Lily is FINALLY getting spayed. It's taken a while but with my mom's very nice income tax refund, Lily is finally getting it done. I'm going to be such a nervous wreck on Tuesday but I'm so excited that Lily will be healthier and we won't have to worry about any more "female problems" from her.

Just wanted to share my excitement (and nervousness haha)

Freedom
01-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Lily will be healthier, you are so right.

Yes, you will be nervous; I always am, and between cats and dogs I've taken in 8 females. It is a common surgery sot he vets have LOTS of experience.

Be sure you get pain meds to take home with you, for her. Some dogs bounce back, some take a day or 2 to recover from the anesthesia; it is all good. Keep the cone collar on her, keep her calm for a few days, follow the vet's take home instructions, all will be well.

MonicanHonda
01-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Aww, congrats. It'll be okay. :) Delta just had hers done. She didn't even care about it the day after she had it done. I had to beg her to stop ruff housin' with Remy. Lol

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, my mom has already said they're going to have to give us pain meds. She said she's also going to be a humongously nervous wreck on Tuesday. Do they always give cones so they can't bite/chew/whatever their stitches? We had of our previous cats spayed a while back and they didn't give us a cone. They should have because she chewed her stitches out :rolleyes:.

LOL! I hope Lily is pretty calm and doesn't want to go bonkers on me and/or chase the cat or anything. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll bounce back quickly though.

MonicanHonda
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM
We didn't get a cone for Remy or Delta. They both left them alone. Delta would occasionally lick at it but we tell her no and she doesn't. But every dog is different. Lol

*LabLoverKEB*
01-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Good luck Tuesday, and Lily will be just fine!!!
As for the E-collar, yes they put them on the animal to prevent them messing with the sutures. Messing with the sutures is especially a concern in cats! Be sure to keep Lily calm and quiet for a few days post-op.
Let us know how it goes, I will be thinking of you guys!:love:

Casper
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Good luck to Miss Lily! :love: I know everything will be fine, but I always worry about simple surgeries, too. Ethan had his dental work done a month or so ago and I was a nervous wreak. lol

Roxyluvsme13
01-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Aw, thanks you guys. I'm afraid she's going to think we're abandoning her in the morning when we drop her off. Well, when my mom drops her off as I'll be in school unless we get a two hour delay :p, but she's never been away from us and we're going to hand her over to the vet and she's going to be upset. We get to pick her up at 4 that afternoon though, so she won't be gone too long.

I'm attaching the most recent picture of her that I have, so enjoy. :D

MonicanHonda
01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
At least you get to pick her up! :) That will be good for her. :) We didn't get Delta until the next day. And I had school and the vet I have is almost two hours away so we didn't get her until five the next day. :( We missed her.

Karen
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Good luck, little one. We'll be thinking of you!

Roxyluvsme13
01-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Today's the day! :D Lily's been walking through the house looking for water all morning though and she was playing with Tallulah. I think she knows something is going to happen today, but she's a bit confused :p

Roxyluvsme13
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Lily got home around 4:45; She's very sleepy and very tired. The vet staff said she was a very good girl and the surgery went really well. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
01-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Yay!! Glad to here the surgery went as planned!:)

Vette
01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Wheres the pictures :p ;)

your DPs are cute but i have to squint to see them LOL

Roxyluvsme13
01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Wheres the pictures :p ;)

your DPs are cute but i have to squint to see them LOL

There's a picture up there, you dork :p

Vette
01-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Eh?! its not showing up for me. i see ya siggy the posts but thats all

Roxyluvsme13
01-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Eh?! its not showing up for me. i see ya siggy the posts but thats all

Well, that's weird :p. I can see it, Vette. Can other people see the attachment? I'll just give you some pics next time I'm on MSN ;)

Karen
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I see the attachment just fine!

Vette
01-28-2010, 11:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/Scratchy.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Image2.jpg

clickable full size version ---> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/th_Image1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/?action=view&current=Image1.jpg)

wait... am i looking at the right thread? LOL
just thought of that

Roxyluvsme13
01-29-2010, 08:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/Scratchy.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Image2.jpg

clickable full size version ---> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/th_Image1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/?action=view&current=Image1.jpg)

wait... am i looking at the right thread? LOL
just thought of that

Well, um, Vette, you know the picture is in the post on down the page LOL!

Vette
01-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Each of your posts are just like that post though. only text. no images of any sort other then your siggy. i even tried pressing F5 like a hundred times an still nothing else there in your posts.

edit: nevermind. it is there now. my bad,, i was being too impenitent an didnt wait long enough for it load :o LOL shes soooo adorable. :D
how she doing today?

Roxyluvsme13
01-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Each of your posts are just like that post though. only text. no images of any sort other then your siggy. i even tried pressing F5 like a hundred times an still nothing else there in your posts.

edit: nevermind. it is there now. my bad,, i was being too impenitent an didnt wait long enough for it load :o LOL shes soooo adorable. :D
how she doing today?
LMAO, Vette *pats*

Lily is great today hehe. She's begging for ice cream right now while I'm typing LOL.

And she gets her stitches out February 5th then no more Vet till next year, yaaay :D.

Vette
01-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah well,, yad think a danged tiny thumbnail like that would load faster on a satellite connection. :p

LOL did you share? ;)
woot woot! an Feb. 5ths not that far off either :D

Roxyluvsme13
01-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah well,, yad think a danged tiny thumbnail like that would load faster on a satellite connection. :p

LOL did you share? ;)
woot woot! an Feb. 5ths not that far off either :D

Your internet is just spastic haha.

I did share hehe. I almost always share LOL!

Vette
01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Its broadband :p its 'supposed' to be fast. or so they told us. har-har LOL

almost always. i caught that ;) LOL
what flavor was it?

Roxyluvsme13
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Its broadband :p its 'supposed' to be fast. or so they told us. har-har LOL

almost always. i caught that ;) LOL
what flavor was it?
Well I had some ice cream sandwich and some dreamsicle, so she got a tiny bite of ice cream sandwich and a bite of dreamsicle haha.

Vette
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Heh!! i sometimes let Kirby have the bowl when im done. im picky about giving him any kind of treats anymore for the sake of his teeth.

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Aww, Kirby hehe.

Lily is going to have to go get her teeth cleaned soon. I know the Vet is going to charge a FORTUNE though, so I'm dreading it :(

*LabLoverKEB*
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Bri, I know teeth cleaning is not 'cheap', but let me tell you, it's WORTH IT!! I had my Rita's teeth cleaned at school last October. I've also learned that like people, overall health is greatly affected by oral health! Do you have a set date for her teeth cleaning?
:)

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Bri, I know teeth cleaning is not 'cheap', but let me tell you, it's WORTH IT!! I had my Rita's teeth cleaned at school last October. I've also learned that like people, overall health is greatly affected by oral health! Do you have a set date for her teeth cleaning?
:)
Good to know that it's worth it!

Nope, I'm going to have to talk to my mom about it and she's going to have to put back some money for it probably. We'll probably call around and do some price quotes too before we decide anything.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Well just so you know..... February is Pet Dental Month!!!!:)

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Well just so you know..... February is Pet Dental Month!!!!:)

HEhe, yeah. I saw one of the local vet's office's had that advertised on their board. It said If Fido's breath is death, something something February is pet dental month :D.

Does that mean they'll do discounts?

*LabLoverKEB*
01-31-2010, 10:55 PM
The clinic I am interning at has discounts for the month of February. You will have to ask, but a lot of clinics do.:)

Roxyluvsme13
01-31-2010, 10:59 PM
The clinic I am interning at has discounts for the month of February. You will have to ask, but a lot of clinics do.:)
Well that's great then :D. Thanks so much for the tip :love: