PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Request: Help Me Get To Know You?

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi all,
Being rather new here, I'm trying to feel my way around and get to know folks...
Was wondering if anyone would like to give a quick "synopsis" of who you are so I can start putting real names to screen names and recognizing people a little easier?

Just something brief, like your real name if you don't mind sharing it, where you're from(general or exact, whatever you're comfortable with) and your pets' names, married or not, anything you are comfortable with sharing but without making the replies too long so I don't have too much info to absorb all at once :rolleyes:;):

I'm PAT
From Southern NEW JERSEY, USA
Married to Chip (almost 30 years!)
Pets are:
Nellie the dog
Philly the almost 5 year old mostly black cat
Kit and Molly the almost 3 year old litter mate sister b&w tuxies
Piper the baby of the family at almost 2 years old, the gray tabby
I'm 'just' a housewife
Love taking pictures, figure skating and the Philadelphia Phillies

Thanks for replying!

AdoreMyDogs
01-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Pat!

It's very nice to meet you, and a very warm welcome to PT! My name is Leslie. I'm married to Ricky (4 years) and have 2 babies, Quinn (my almost 3 year old daughter) and Vincent (my 10 month old son) and I'm a stay-home-mom. I'm in N. TX (yuck) and have 2 dogs: Kersey, 8 year old GSD/Rottweiller mix and Boone the almost 4 year old GSD. I also have 2 kitties: Minion is about 13 and he's a long hair grey/white tuxedo and Miss Mindy who is about 6 and she's a long hair black/white tuxedo.

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi Leslie, thanks for the welcome and your introduction to me! I'm taking notes to cheat from til I get used to everyone here!;)

I've always wanted to come to Texas just to say I was there and to maybe see the museum that I heard there is for the tv show Dallas, which was one of my staples "BC" (before computer!).

k9krazee
01-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Pat! I lurk much more than I post these days, but still consider the people of PT as family. My name is Ashley, 21, 4th year college student in Michigan. My family has 3 Jack Russells and my lab mix - Jack.

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Ashley, nice to meet you.

We had a JRT for 17 years. She was like the child we never had. I never loved a dog the way I loved her. Here's a link to her webpages:
Aggie's Pages (http://patch57.homestead.com/aggiespages.html)

Aggie is 16 years old in this photo:

http://patch57.homestead.com/files/agbackyardusefor1stpic.jpg

caseysmom
01-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Pat, My name is Shelley and I live in California. Married to Pete for 27 years and have two teenage daughters.

I have casey who is a 9 year old 40lb mix, bubba is a poodle/shitzu, and potter is a kitty I adopted when my brother passed away.

I work in IT and have since 1985.

Nice to meet you!

Whisk_Luva
01-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Pat, I do not post all that much anymore but I am almost always around reading threads.

I am Ellie and I am from England. I have two hamsters (Karno and Blanco) who I love very much, but I would love to get a cat (or a few!) when I am older and have my own place. I am still at school, and would eventually like to become a clinical psychologist. I also love taking photos!

Anyway, welcome to PT... I look foward to reading lots of your posts :)

Edit to add: Just saw your signature- all your pets are gorgeous... I especially love Piper :love::)

Laura's Babies
01-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I am Laura (my cats are my "Babies")

I am in SE Louisiana and live with my 4 babies.. Boo, a orange & White lady that was my Mom's faithful companion until she died in 1999.. she is going on 15 years old now.

Amy is my CH baby ( cerebellar hypoplasia), a tabby & white that is about 6 to 7 years old now (time flys and it's hard to keep up).. See what her CH looks like in the link in my siggy.

Giz is my "clown" girl, a diluted calico (?) that is very mischievous, always into to something, bores easily and she is the funniest cat I ever met. About the same age as Amy, was gotten to be a companion for Amy.

Samantha is my black beauty that sat on my doorstep for 2 years begging to be mine. She is my shadow and constant companion.. Although she is the smallest of the bunch she is older by about a year than Amy & Giz.

I work on a boat on the Mississippi River, I am the cook and my job requires me to be gone 28 days and when I am home, I am home 28.. So I come and go here according to my work schedule.

The boat I work on..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Boats/CopyofJMD32005.jpg

(Just call me the "boat lady" if that helps you remember me)

Taz_Zoee
01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Hello Pat! My name is Cindy and I have two dogs, Zoee who just turned 5 and Taggart who will be 2 in May. I also have a kitty, Paizly, who will also be two in May.
I live in Concord, CA (Bay Area near San Francisco) with my boyfriend and our "kids". In my siggie you'll see a tabby cat. That is my Taz who I had to let go back in July of last year. I probably wouldn't have made it through that difficult time if it weren't for my PT family here.
One of these days I might get another kitty to (hopefully) keep Paizly company, if she'll accept a newbie.

I work in accounting at a management company and volunteer at a local animal shelter (Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation www.arf.net) at least one day of the weekend. That is where I found Taggart. :)

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi Shelley, nice to meet you!

sirrahbed
01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
This thread is very nice - am learning more basic things about people I already "know":)

I am Debbie, married for 35 years to Dennis. Three grown and married kids, four grandkids. I am homemaker and hubby is retired military - we live in Ohio. The fur family includes five kitties - Emily, Eliot, Dylan, Lizzie and Robbie. We adopted the last two from another PT friend here - Kimlovescats who lives down in Tennessee.

Welcome to PT, Pat!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Ellie, nice to meet you all the way over on the other side of the pond! I had a hamster a long time ago.

pomtzu
01-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi Pat! I'm Ellie and we're practically neighbors. I live in DE, about 10 miles NW of Dover. I share my home with my 2 pups: Myndi is a Pomeranian and her birthday is today - she's 14, and my little guy Sparky who is a ShihTzu and will be 11 next month. You can see them in all their cuteness in my siggy pic. I also have an outdoor kitty by the name of Sherbie - the stray who came to stay - 7 years ago during the President's Day Blizzard in 2003.
I'm retired - love the ocean - and have a passion for lighthouses. I have 2 beautiful grandkids and my granddaughter graduates and is off to Monmouth Univ in the Fall.
Welcome!!!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi Laura! What a unique job you have!
Nice to meet you!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Hi Cindy,
I'm sorry you lost your Taz.
Isn't it odd how our on-line fellow pet loving friends are more comfort than people in our real life when we lose a pet? So many just don't get it, that pets are family. I'm so glad the internet allows we pet lovers to congregate to share and support! I know I needed it when we lost our Jack Russell Terrier, Aggie, in 2007.
Your dogs are adorable! I love the name Paizly for your kitty!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi Debbie, thank you for the welcome.

It can sometimes take so long to become familiar with the folks you post to and read from/about on forums, I like introductories to help out! I'm one that has trouble remembering people if I don't post back & forth with them on a regular basis!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Ellie, nice to meet you!

Hmmm, blizzard of 2003, I don't remember that one for some reason. I remember the one in '96, though.

I am about 20 minutes from the Delaware Memorial Bridge, North up 295.

luvofallhorses
01-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Welcome Pat! :) I am Krista - I am 24 years old and reside in NW Montana. I am an animal shelter kennel attendant. I LOVE my job. My family and I have 3 wonderful dogs and 3 wonderful cats.

Buster is a 6 year old coonhound, Rudy is almost 2 and a terrier cross, Dixie is a 3 and a half months old and a schnauzer/terrier cross. Miagi is a 7 year old tabby cross (he was cotd in December), Tiger is my 'soul' kitty he is about 9 years old and a tabby/bengal cross. We will have him for 5 years next month and last but not least Angel is a DSH/russian blue cross she is about 10 months now. :)

Grace
01-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi Pat and Welcome.

I’m Gretchen, married to Douglas – 31 years come Wednesday.

Retired nurse, living in Michigan, originally from Rhode Island. I’ve been volunteering in a local elementary school library for 10 years. One son who is married and living in Virginia – with his wonderful wife and my two fantastic grandsons.

6 cats:
Duffy, 12, orange and white, without a mean bone in his body.

Reese, 9, long white hair, found in a parking lot. She rules the roost with an iron paw.

Abby, 8, found her on Petfinder. Sweetest one we have, with long, dancer’s legs. I sometimes call her Cyd Charisse.

Grady, 7. Once lived up the street, but was ignored, so he moved in with us. We think he’s a SMIB (southern Michigan inbred) –his daddy was most likely his older brother. Soft gray fur – a real love.

Red, age unknown – most likely in the 11 – 13 range. Big, orange with one green eye – the other eye had been surgically removed before we found him wandering in the woods and fields around our house. He’s been with us for 6 years now – and still has issues. He and Duffy are best buds.

Charlie, 6. Black and white. Another stray from the neighborhood – maybe from the same house as Grady? He has a bit of Dennis the Menace and Eddie Haskell thrown in for good measure.

My passions, besides cats, are reading, the Red Wings, the Red Sox, and March Madness.

And FYI - Ellie, from Delaware, and I are from the same hometown in RI - went to some of the same schools - a few years apart - I'm older :)

carole
01-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi there Pat, and a huge welcome to PT.

My user name is my real name, Carole, and I live in a little piece of paradise called New Zealand, currently i am the only NZer here on PT, and have been here for about six years.

I am married to Steve and have two children, Scott who is 28 and Melissa who is 17, and am cat slave to four felines, Ash,Lexie, Ellie-Mae and Nikkita who are all pictured below in my siggy.

Lovely to meet you and I can assure you once you are here you will fall in love with the magic of PT, it is a great place to have a laugh,a vent,get advice, give advice, but most of all a place where you can share as much as you want, or as little as you want,share the love of pets, and spread kindness.

Hope you enjoy your time here.:)

Twisterdog
01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi, Pat. Welcome to PT.

My name is Shanna. I live in Wyoming. I am married with four kids between us; 17,18, 19 and 21.

I have nine dogs.

I own a boarding kennel and grooming shop.

Alysser
01-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi, Pat! Welcome to PT :) You will surely stick around, I'm sure, it's very addictiing :D

My name is Alyssa and I'm 17. I'm in New Jersey too, central Jersey as it were. I have a Pug/Beagle mix named Mikey, 2 Hermit crabs - Shelly and Otto, and 1 Cory named Gary Chubbles. I had a Maltese who died in June 2008 and is still very much missed. :( I'm a Junior in High school who cannot wait to graduate and plans on majoring in Marine Biology or Enviormental Science, I'm in a special Science program at school as well. I'm a hopeless Sci-fi nerd and proud Trekkie. I also volunteer at a local shelter, which you may have heard of as you are not too far away, but I'd prefer not to specify in a public post - I don't want to give to much away from where I live. I almost forgot to mention I am a Costume Character and Fright fest ghoul at Six Flags GA, I've worked there for the past 2 seasons and will probably be stuck there another 2. This coming one will be my third year

Your pets are adorable, and I really hope you enjoy PT! Hope to see some pics of your pets soon. :love:

Karen
01-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi, another way to get to know folks is to read through all the posts in the Introduction forum. It's kind of a compendium of who is who!

My name is Karen, of course, and I am one of the moderators here. I do not have a pet right now, but the bunny you see as my avatar is Miss Hoppy, she was our house bunny for 11 years, and is now at The Rainbow Bridge.

The other moderator here is Paul, he is my husband, and together we founded PetoftheDay.com (http://PetoftheDay.com) on September 1, 1997, and a year later added Dog of the Day and Cat of the Day, and then founded Pet Talk a few years later!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Krista,
Nice to meet you. How wonderful for you that you work with animals on a daily basis!

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Pat, Welcome to PT.:D I'm Tracey and I've been a member of PT for many years now. It's very addictive and I've met so many nice people here.:)

I was born in PA grew up in S.C. but now live in Santa Clara,CA. I work in a dental lab as a dental technician.

I currently have 5 cats which are all rescues.

Storm is 14 years old, my first cat, and my :love: kitty. He's a blue DLH with beautiful light green eyes. He's the alpha cat and is always purring.

Sunny is 9 years and 5 months old and he an orange and white Aby mix. He's a big goofball and my eternal kitten. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer in early Dec. so he only has several more months left with me.:( I know that the nice people here will help me get through his passing when the time comes.

Sky is 7 years and 7 months old and he's a Norwegian Forest Cat/Siamese Mix and he has very pale blue eyes. He's my dog kitty and loves to socialize with people. He's a lover not a fighter.

Pearl is 4 years and 8 months old and she's a Lynx Point Siamese Mix. She's very vocal, demanding, and very intelligent. I adopted her from another pet talker in Arizona.

Ziggy Stardust is 3 years and 7 months old and she's a huge fluffy girl and seems to keep on growing. She may have Maine Coon or Norwegion Forest Cat in her and has a huge bushy tail and teeny tiny baby meow. She's an odd eyed cat with one blue eye and one amber eye. I adopted her from the same pet talker as Pearl. She was adopted almost exactly a year a part from Pearl.

I look forward to learning more about you and your fur family.:)

Laura's Babies
01-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Gee Pat, you are making a LOT of friends here.. I never saw anybody do a thread like this but it was a GREAT idea!! Gives the rest of us a chance to also learn things we didn't know about someone else here we didn't know that well.... GREAT IDEA! ;)

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Grace!

Hi Tracey!

Hi Carole!

Hi Shanna!

Hi Alyssa!

Hi Karen!

Thank you all for replying!

Karen, I should have looked for a topic with introductions or 'meet our members' type topic. This has been fun, though! Sometimes the less info I have the better I remember...I have some reading/comprehension issues and am starting to get a few of those senior moments now and again.:eek: If I have to read too much, I start losing track and have to keep going back to the beginning to start all over. I like my instruction manual to have lots of pictures and few words or chances are, like my camera manual, I barely look at it!:eek:

Alyssa, I am down in the southern half of the state a little below the town of Woodbury which you may have heard of. I'm not far from Deptford, which is another town that may be more familiar than my little town.;)

Cataholic
01-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi, Pat. Welcome to PT. I have been here awhile, maybe 7 years? Too long, by some, I am sure, lol.
My name is johanna and I have 1 son, who is five. We have 8 cats. 5 are tuxedos, 2 are blackies, and 1 is a tabby. The tabby and 1 of the blackies are 7 month old kittens. The rest range in age from 2.5 years to 9. I currently have a 6 month old shepherd puppy that I am fostering. Her name is Gretchen, and she is recovering from parvo.
I work in the legal profession. I have learned a lot here, lots of valuable info. And, frankly, no one understands the love we have for our furkids like PT'ers do!!

Freedom
01-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi there, Pat!

I agree with Laura, this has been a great thread for me as well as for you!

I'm Sandie. I live in Rhode Island, and have been on PT a bit over 3 years. I joined here owning 5 cats. I now have the crew of 14 you see in my siggy, lol. We have an old thread somewhere, that PT can do that to ya, grow your family! :D All my pets are rescues.

My Dad lives with me, he moved in 8 years back. He has dementia which has worsened recently. He is move "trouble" than the crew of 14 put together! ;)

I did cat rescue (thanks to prompting from folks on here). For about 8 months I was actively trapping in a TNRM program. I kept all the kittens, which I was SUPPOSED to socialize and put up for adoption. The cats are listed in the order they arrived here. Ebony was my first foster, that lasted all of 29.5 minutes a record for the group, he hee. Tommy and Tuppence are brother & sister, and they are cousins to Bobby (the moms were sisters). Chaplin and Mandy are also cousins, from a different colony.

Sparkle is 13, and Mandy is 3, so I have quite the age range in between. The ones not from the TNRM program are either shelter kitties or foundlings.

Not being able to foster cats (I failed Fostering 101 every time!), I switched over to dogs. Thanks to the wonderful folks on the Dog side of PT, they suggested I look in to the bichon, and one person put me in touch with Small Paws Rescue. The dogs are also listed in the order they arrived here! I keep failing Fostering 101 in the dog realm too, so I just plain do NOT foster any longer! Unlike the cats, the dogs did not arrive here oldest to youngest. Sugar is 12, Lacey is 7, Marlin is 11 and Tasha is 4. Tasha is a puppy mill rescue. Working with her has been quite rewarding.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-24-2010, 04:42 PM
What a great idea, Pat!!

First of all: WELCOME TO PET TALK !!!!

I'm LUT, and my PT-name is Maya & Inka's mommy. Maya & Inka are 2 of my babies. Zazou & Snoopy joined our family later on. Maya is my calico girl. She is the sweetest and calmest cat you can imagine! Then there is my sweet Inka, my precious CH-cat; she has the softest fur on earth! Zazou is my gorgeous tuxie. She has the true tuxie-spirit! Zazou loves to be admired, scratched, petted, but hates to be picked up! She prefers to jump on my lap only if that's her OWN decision...;) Last but not least there is my baby Snoopy! She is my 3 legged girl, who can run and jump faster and higher than any other one of my girls :rolleyes::D; She has a short underdevelopped 4th leg, which she does NOT use to walk, but to spank her sisters :p or to play hockey with her toys:)

I am from Belgium; I live near Ghent, which is in the flemish part of the country.
I am married to Bernard. Last summer we celebrated our 30th anniversary!

I'm a housewife since 22 years now; Before that time, I was teaching in primary schools.

My hobbies are: posting on PT and another Flemish board, making 3D-cards, sending and receiving postcards from all over the world ( www.postcrossing.com ) reading, and traveling.

Oh yes, very important: I am rather an "oldie" with my 53 years old

Again: what a great idea to introduce yourself to this forum!!!:love:

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi Johanna, thank you for introducing yourself! 7 years is a long time, but when you find a great place, you stay, so I'm guessing you're a good advertisement that PT is a good place!

Hi Sandie! I actually post on another cat forum and one member there is questioning if #17 has just shown up in his back yard! I'd have more if I could. I just replied to your nice post about the photos I posted. My husbands Grandmother has periods of dimentia so we know a little about how that can be, she'll be 99 in July. She has a 24 hour live-in care taker but we do her grocery shopping for her. I almost failed Fostering, too. We did keep Tiger Lily and Piper, though ultimately had to rehome Tiger Lily. I wanted to keep her boy kittens but knew I couldn't, but it was still hard to let them go.

Hi Maya & Inka's Mommy! I'll be 53 in September. My mind still feels about 30 but my body sometimes feels like 100!:eek:

davidpizzica
01-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi, Pat! I bet you were wondering if there were any guys on this forum. We're in a minority, but we're there. LOL! My user name is my real name. I've been on here since 2004. I recently moved to an assisted living facility near Pittsburgh. I grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh where I recently retired as a groundskeeper on a golf course. I've had a sucession of cats as pets, the most recent being miss Marigold, a beautiful female tortie. (unfortunatelely, the facility has a rule against residents keeping cats as pets, YUCK!), however she was adopted by a very nice older lady and has a great home. I was also involved in cat rescue and adoption with the Cat Sense organization. Well, Pat I 'm officially welcoming you to Pet Talk!

boomersooner
01-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi, Pat and welcome aboard!!
My name is Shannon, and I live in a suburb of Dallas. I'm in my 25th year as the librarian at an elementary school (actually the one I attended!). I'm married to Mike, and I have two kids....Marc and Molly.

I joined Pet Talk about 2 1/2 years ago. At that time I had a wonderful Dalmatian named Cassie. She crossed the bridge 10 months ago at almost 15 years of age. We miss her a lot!

Presently, we have a black and white Springer Spaniel boy named Boomer. He'll be two in February. Last month, we added a liver and white Springer girl named Sooner. She's 2 1/2 months old. We are avid fans of the University of Oklahoma Sooners....so that is why we named them Boomer and Sooner.

Welcome, again!!

Scooter's Mom
01-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Pat! (My mom was a Pat, too.)

I am Crystal. I am almost 38 (June) and have been married to Preston since December 1999. He is my 2nd husband - my first hubbies wife, Kat, posts here sometimes under the username Katjaye. She's my best friend.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona but am from Houston, Texas. I moved here 11 years ago this month.

I am mom to:
Charlie - a male b/w kitty who is the talkiest kitty I've ever met. He's around 7 1/2, and when we adopted him 5 years ago (Dec. 10), he had lived in the shelter a good long time. They rescued him from the desert where he had lived for awhile previously.

Jingle Belle - a very girly calico who came to live with us Dec 22, 2007. She will be 3 in March. (The vet said she was around 9 months when we found her so we're guessing March for her bday.) She is super affectionate and very bossy!

Jadie - an 8 year old female Shih Tzu. I adopted her from a man I used to work with who didn't really have time for her anymore... I've had her since Dec 29, 2003. She is also very bossy! lol... must be a girl thing. But she's also so loving and fun - she has never met anyone she didn't like.

Oreo - a 6 year old male Shih tzu. My husbands co-worker was giving Oreo away in May 2007 and we took him in. He had been mistreated and was living outside for a long time in the Arizona heat... he's been abused (kicked, thrown, not fed!) and is very shy but loves my husband immensely.

And last but not least, I am going to include my Scooter Bug. He went to the rainbow bridge yesterday... he was my 14 1/2 year old tabby kitty that you see in my signature. He was my best friend and my favorite kitty ever... and I will miss him until the day I join him. We had him cremated and my husband and all my family knows that when I die, Scooter Bug and I are being buried together. He is my :love: kitty. My sweetest boy.

thanks for the thread idea.
Crystal

Pinot's Mom
01-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi Pat & welcome to the PT crew! I'm going to join with others and say "what a wonderful idea for a thread"!!

I'm Maggie, my husband is Coop (real name Bob, we've been married since 1982) and the queen of our household is Miss Pinot Noir. She is in my avatar and I have an album in my profile. She's about two and a half; we adopted her from a shelter in March of 2008 when she was about 10 months old. Pinot was Cat of the Day on May 5, 2009. I grew up with dogs (Irish Setters) and have had cats (one at a time) all my adult life. I have met wonderful people on PT and have gained some wonderful insight and information. Again, WELCOME!!:)

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi David! It's nice to have men aboard a cat lovers site! As the mug I got my husband says "Real Men DO Love Cats"! I'm sorry you had to re-home your Marigold. My MIL lives in a "3 level" senior place, unassisted, assisted and total healthcare sections. She's still unasssisted and COULD have up to 2 cats but she won't be bothered even though she loves cats. Nice to meet you and thank you for the welcome!

Hi Shannon from Dallas! Springer Spaniels are pretty dogs! Nice to meet you!

Hi Crystal, I'm so sorry to hear of your beloved Scooter Bug's passing. We had our Jack Russell cremated and her ashes are to go with whoever goes first. Thanks for replying, nice to meet you.

Genny
01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi Pat, I'm Genny. I'm 21 and I live in Alabama. We have 8 dogs Sadie a great pyrenees, Max a german shepherd, Angel a maltese/pomeranian mix, Adrian a shihtzu/chinese crested mix, Mose a lab/retriever mix, Phoebe a pomeranian, Gretta a poodle and Abby a lab? mix. Then we have 5 cats Storm, Sebastian, Sophie, Tigger and Hazel and 6 birds...

I saw your signature. Your collie dog Ladd was beautiful. I use to have a collie. I got her when I was 7 and she died when I was 17. She was the best...I've loved collies ever since ;]

Roxyluvsme13
01-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Hello Pat, and Nice to meet you! :)

My name is Briana, but you can call me Bri. And I am 17.5 years old.

I'm from East Tennessee.

Pets are:
Roxy (Boxer/Pit Mix)
Lily (Pomeranian)
Tallulah (Calico kitty)
Flower (Guinea Pig)

I'm not on much because I don't have internet access at home but since I have a new laptop and can steal wireless, it's cool :p. Ah and I'm going to UT in the fall and majoring in Veterinary Medicine, w00t.

cassiesmom
01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Elyse here
From the west suburbs of Chicago
Single
One cat, Cassie, who is 13
I'm a nurse
Other interests: music and reading, the Chicago Cubs

CountryWolf07
01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
My name is Rachel. I'm 25 years old. I am hearing impaired - I am deaf without my cochlear implant. I graduated from Ohio State with a BA in Art. 10 months after, I am still searching for that "dream" job of mine. I don't know what it is, but I'll figure it out sooner or later. :) I have a boyfriend of three years. He has a Black Lab named Dozer, and I have a Beagle/Terrier mix named Hank. (He is in my signature). I am from Cleveland, Ohio.

trayi52
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi Pat, my name is Willie. I am married to Jimmy, and we have been married for 39 years, will be 40 years this June. I have two cats name Oscar, and Grover. Grover is a female I raised from the age of two weeks. She is very spoiled because of it. I also have a Yorkie name Sarah, and a Cockatiel name Charlie Sweet. I have one son, and two daughters, and six Grandchildren.

I live in Middle TN, in a little town name Collinwood.

I am very happy to meet you, hope you like it here, it is full of very nice people.

Willie:)

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi Maggie, we've 'conversed' a bit in other threads. It's great to be here and meet you.

Hi Genny! You've got a big furfamily! Nice to meet you! Our Collie, Ladd, was the first dog I ever really had. My husband took him in from a family who had to give him up about a year before we got married. He was a wonderful, loyal dog. I still miss him even though he's been gone since 1987. The first day my husband then fiance left Ladd at home to go to work then returned home, Ladd was protecting the house and didn't want to let him back in. Chip then had to reach in to grab a loaf of bread and give Ladd a piece of bread to calm him down...the bread was the only thing around he could grab to give a treat as a bribe so Ladd would let him back in the house!

Hi Willie! Thanks for replying!

Hello Bri, nice to meet you!

Hi Elyse, thanks for replying to my threads and commenting on the photos in my album! Nice to 'formally' meet you.

Hi Rachel, nice to meet you, too! We've had beagles in the past, as well as a terrier, a Jack Russell to be exact.

aTailOf2Kitties
01-24-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm Gwen and I live in Munford TN. Been "shacked up" with BJ for 10 years now. Neither of us wants to get married, so it works. I have 2 cats I adopted Valentine's Day 2009, after losing my bestest kitty buddy, Montego. I now have Toby a 2-ish snowshoe and Havoc who is about 20 months and a Siamese mix. Their pics are in my siggy. Honestly I'm more of a dog person but I realize I don't have the time and space to properly care for one, so I'm back to doing the cat thing for several years now and loving it (had several cats growing up). In the past I have also shared my home with fish and birds. I've been tending to lab mice for almost 8 years now and worked at a vet clinic for 6 years before that.

Alysser
01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Alyssa, I am down in the southern half of the state a little below the town of Woodbury which you may have heard of. I'm not far from Deptford, which is another town that may be more familiar than my little town.;)
[/SIZE]

I don't know the area well, but you're a little over an hour from me. I know where that town is from past visits to Camden and stuff, I don't think you're that far from there.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome!

My name is Jill, and I live in Colorado. I am married and have an almost-one-year old daughter named Lyra. We have 3 dogs (2 pembroke welsh corgis and a greyhound mix) and 3 cats. Right now I am home with my daughter, but I'm a teacher and hoping to find a teaching position for next school year!

DJFyrewolf36
01-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Howdy There!

My name is Kristina although most people end up calling me Fyrewolf or Fyre...or DJ...any one is fine by me! I live in Oregon although I am originally from Nevada. I have three cats: Remus, Spook and Hoodini. Remus and Spook are about 6 years old and Hoodini is right around 3. Remus and Spook were aprox 6 months old when I got them (Remus in June of 04 and Spook in november of that year) and Hoodini was about 3 months old when I adopted him from my parents back yard (In the summer of 07). I have a wonderful year and a half yr old son, Nicholas and Ive been married to my husband John for 6 years on Feb 28th. I am a DJ (or I try to be, hence my screen name lol) and I drive a car known as the little blue pill (I talk about the thing a LOT...its almost a pet lol)

Nice to meet you!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Hi Maya & Inka's Mommy! I'll be 53 in September. My mind still feels about 30 but my body sometimes feels like 100!:eek:

LOL!! I have to "ditto" that.........!

Queen of Poop
01-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Welcome!!!

My name is Gayle, I am 44 years old. I'm currently going thru an awful divorce after 8 years of a horrible marriage. Glad to be out.

I lost my heart doggie in October, just 4 days after I left him. She was the sweetest baby ever. Her name was Sasha, she was a border collie cross and 15 years old.

I now live with my 2 year old kitties. Diego, my boy cat, is having some adjustment issues with our new life. Cali, my girl cat and Diego's sister, is my heart kitty.

I think you'll enjoy Pet Talk. It's a great bunch here. I know I'd be lost without them.

3Catcondo
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Welcome.
I'm Amy, 32 yrs old, single and Mom to four cats. They are Bailey (tabby-12 years old) Cricket (Black and White-6), Owen (orange and white -3) and Willow (orange -1). I joined Pt about 2 years ago. I love it here. I don't always respond to posts but I read alot of them. Got to meet Karen (Moderator) last year when my job sent me to Boston for two weeks. Have also gotten to know others thru PT and facebook. I work in the telecom industry.

Lori Jordan
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Hello Pat,And Welcome to Pt,You sure will enjoy yourself.Very helpful with any answers you may need answerd,Or Just to see everyone's animals.Lots of Great people around Here.

You can see by my name,Very Original lol.Never thought about it until i seen everyone elses Nicknames.

My Name is Lori-Anne

I have quiet the crew around here.
I have 3 dogs:Lacy is my 6 year old Red Tri Australian Shepherd,Maggy 6 year old Border Collie.And last is my Molly she just turned 5 and she is a Newfoundland.
I have 5 cats.Cally is a 7 year old Manx,Alex is also 7 she is a calico,Chelsea is a long hair calico,We just adopted 2 other cats,Jinxy is 6 months old now and also a calico,And last but not least Trinity she is a 3 1/2 year old Seal Point Himalyan.
I have a little lionhead/fuzzy lop Bunny,Bailee she will be 3 in March.

A little about me:

I have been a Nurse Nearly 15 years.
I have 2 children one(boy) 22 and the other (girl)17.
There names are Terrance and Rebecca.

Me and my Husband have been together for 23 years Married 13 years now.

We Live in Canada.a little town in Williamsburg Ontario

I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

wombat2u2004
01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Pat,
I'm John from Australia. Everyone here knows me as Wom.
61, retired, recently married. Three daughters, 2 border collies, 1 King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, 2 budgerigars, fish (I can't count them beause they swim too fast). Ex-builder and consultant. Pass my time now doing volunteer welfare work for aged and sick war veterans and war widows.....collect art...collect militaria.....spend time on Pet Talk making a nuisance of myself.
Oh .....and I also cook a lot.
Hope you enjoy your time with us.......:)
Wom

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Alyssa, you are right, I am not far from Camden.

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I hope you don't mind me posting once to make multiple replies:)

Hello and thank you for your introductions Gwen, Amy, Lori, Jill, Kristina, Gayle and John!

It is so neat meeting more animal loving folks and it's always cool meeting folks from far-off lands like Australia!

Lori, I had rabbits for a while...all taken in from folks who couldn't keep them anymore. Two we took in came to us pregnant!

Thanks to all of you for your welcomes, I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Miss Z
01-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Hello Pat, welcome to PT. :)

My name is Zara, I'm 18 years young and from northern England. I have a very sweet little rattie named Flossie. I'm a college student applying to read veterinary medicine this year at university, so it's a pretty stressful time of year for me!

My hobbies include dressage, vegetarian cooking and travelling - off to Uganda in the summer so that should be a real experience!

I'm not always around as much as I was due to schoolwork commitments, but I hope to see more of your posts. :)

orangemm
01-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Hi Pat,

I'm Renate and live in MD on the eastern shore right outside Ocean City. My husband Jeff and I moved here about 8 years ago after we bought a "vacation house"! We love the shore and I had the ability to transfer with my company, but after 2 years I got laid off.:confused::confused:

Anyway, Jeff and I have been married almost 29 years (second marriage for both).

We have 2 cats, Archy & Binky:love::love:, whom we adopted from a rescue almost 10 years ago. At that time the last of our 4 elder cats was ill and we couldn't bear the thought of not having a kitty in the house. Plus, the young boys kind of perked up the older one for a while. Our boys live the spoiled, pampered life that most PT pets have!:D

We also have 2 cockatiels, 2 parrotlets, a parakeet and Percy, my Betta.

I'm working p/t (yay!) and yearn to be retired; I noticed that I am older than everyone here, but I'm not giving away my age! (too vain):rolleyes:

I love this place! It's my first stop whenever I login to my computer; I have to see what's going on, the pets of the day, and what everyone is up to.

I've laughed, cried, and made lots of great friends here. If you need help, it's here; if you have a question, there's an answer. You'll love it!

Welcome!

Renate

slick
01-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Greetings Pat: Welcome to Pet Talk.
I'm Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick. I acquired that nickname about 20 years ago from a coworker who is now deceased from cancer. :(

I'd like to think that I'm one of the "mature" members here - born in 1952. I live near Vancouver, BC and was born and raised here. I'm proud to say that I am a lung cancer survivor - many, many PTers helped me through my recovery from surgery. :)

I'm an IT professional and work for non-profit. I retire in about 7 1/2 years and I'm counting the days - can hardly wait. Since I do work full time I don't have as much time to spend on PT as I would like, but I still sneak in a little time during my lunch hour (ssshhhh, don't tell my boss from hell).:eek:

Right now sadly I have no pets, having just lost my dear Max on January 15. I will, however, be opening up my heart again to an adult or senior kitty who needs as much love as I do.

I joined PT in 2002 which seems like decades ago. PT has brought me so much love and support that I could never repay. For the first time in my life I can finally say that I have best friends and the people of Pet Talkville are the only hoomans who "get me." If that's not Law of Abundance, I don't know what is.:)

Lori Jordan
01-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Lori, I had rabbits for a while...all taken in from folks who couldn't keep them anymore. Two we took in came to us pregnant!

My Daughter had wanted one for awhile,There is a lady a few towns over that breeds them and Rebecca seen Bailee and that was it she "HAD" to have her.

Rabbits are great,Our Bailee is one of a kind,I have never seen a rabbit like Bailee before very sweet girl,comical too!

Bonny
01-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi Pat, We have talked about ice skating already. I am an older girl been married to the same guy for 41 years. I am a part time guide at the Laura Ingalls Wilder musem in Burr Oak, Iowa. Yes, Laura Ingalls lived in Burr Oak, Iowa for one year & her sister Grace was born there in the spring of 1877. Enough about me lets get to my animal family. There is Baxter Black our Australian Cattle dog, Missy Australian Shepherd, & Max (grandpuppy) Black Lab., two parakeets Pesky & Pal, 10 barns cats & Lily the indoor/outdoor cat,& Dakota the horse. We have two grown sons, a daughter in law & a 3 year old grandson with red hair who loves the dogs,cats,& birds.

Anikaca77
01-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi Pat-

I’m Melissa from Centre Co., PA, USA

Married for 2 ½ years now.

Our cats are:

Claudia – 7 year old calico. I adopted her from the PSPCA shortly after I adopted Anika in 2002 who was PTS in Oct. 2008.

Claudia is my sleeping buddy. She loves to sleep on my pillow and her purr just makes everything so much better. She doesn’t like her belly touched but she is such a sweetie and so pretty.

Ashley – 5 years old torte. I adopted her from a local lady whose cat had a litter of kittens. If I knew about Pet Talk at the time I probably would have adopted from someone on here or a shelter.

Ashley has been getting grump with her age; well she was always like that. She has the torte attitude but loves to go for car rides. I took her for car rides when she was younger and trained her to sit on my lap like a dog and she loves it. I now have a harness on her when I take her out just to be safe and of course there is a leash as well. This is the only time that you are able to pick her up and hold her but she loves it.

Sebastian – 7 years old, gray long hair. Sebastian was found outside my sister’s apartment, she was feeding a few local strays and we were trying to trap this one cat and Sebastian ended up in the trap and he had a wound on his head so I took him to a local no-kill shelter and fostered him for them and I would take him to their shelters on the weekends and he would spend Saturday and Sunday in a cage hoping to be adopted and he was adopted once but brought back and then I decided that it was too much for him to keep going back and forth and I decided that last weekend I took him there if he didn’t get anyone that was interested in him I’d adopt him myself.

Well sure enough 1 hour before I was set to leave to go get him the shelter called and said they had someone who was interested in him. I met the lady but she wasn’t sure she was going to adopt him and I told the shelter I wanted to take him home and keep him forever and so I did.

Sebastian is a lap cat, he loves attention and he’s just a sweetheart.

Hermes – 3 years old, white long hair. Hermes was rescued off the streets in 2006. It took a few months for me to get him but I finally was able to trap him and take him in and my husband told me that time I would need to find a home for him but sure enough his sweet personality came over us and we had to keep him. Hermes is such a sweetie. He doesn’t like going for car rides but he loves our vet’s office. He has such a different personality there than at home when strangers come over.

I remember when my husband worked night shift and if anyone came into the house that he didn’t know he would climb up onto my chest and sit there like he was telling on his dad for bringing someone he didn’t know. He’s his daddy’s baby for sure.

Fiona – 2 year old long hair torte. Fiona came from a local non-profit cat rescue. This time I believe we were looking to adopt but I can’t be certain of that. Well my husband and I went over to this lady’s place and he picked out this little girl and I was smitten about another I believe but he really wanted her so I agreed and she’s just a sweetie now. She doesn’t have that torte attitude. Sometimes she acts a tad bad but otherwise she is just a sweetheart.

Athena – 3 years old grey tiger. Athena I rescued off the streets in early 2008. I was helping a lady in the area who was trying to find a home for a cat who showed up on her steps injured and she did eventually get him a great home. While I was there helping her I noticed several stray cats that didn’t belong to anyone. My husband and I rescued 2 orange and white ones and they found a wonderful home together and shortly after we go them I also got Athena. She made herself at home and so instead of adopting her out we took her in.

Osiris – 1 years old black and white. Osiris was brought into our house because the local PSPCA couldn’t take in anymore cats due to a virus that was going through the shelter and he had no place to go so we said we’d foster him. Yeah right, he ended up staying as well. He is such a good boy. He loves to have his tail pulled when you pet him.

Sophia – 1 years old tiger. Sophia was supposed to be another “we are only going to foster her and not keep her.” Within a few days of having Sophia we decided she should stay with us and sure enough she has. Sophia does have asthma and she only has 1 eye. She was rescued from a local farm and the person that trapped her took her to the vets and her 1 eye needed removed but other than that she is a very healthy girl.

Ozzy – 2-3 years old long hair tiger. Ozzy was found outside my apartment complex. I trapped him, took him to the vets and he was supposed to be a foster for a short time and ended up staying. He still gets shy from time to time but he’s such a sweetie.

Apollo – 7 months old orange and white tiger. Apollo was found outside a lady’s driveway. She couldn’t afford to take him to the vets and his paw was bent so I offered to take him to the vets and foster him and find him a good home. Well after picking him up I knew I couldn’t get rid of him. We still have him and we don’t really have any plans of giving him up just yet.

I work full-time as a secretary for a geologic consulting firm.

I love going for long rides in the car, especially if they take me to a zoo. I do my own cat rescuing from time to time. Sometimes I take on more than I can handle. I like watching movies. I also like meeting new people on Pet Talk. This year I got to meet John, his wife, and his crew.

Ok I just realized maybe I gave too much information about my furbabies.

Melissa

BitsyNaceyDog
01-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi! I'm Kari. I no longer have the time to post as often as I used to ,but I still love Pet Talk and I try to read and keep up with everything as best I can.

I've been married to my my husband, Justin, for 9.5 years. We have an almost 3 year old son, Nathan, and we're expecting our second son, Christopher, in May. We live in Florida with our farm-full of animals, almost all rescues. We have 6 dogs- pit bull/basenji mix, a mini mutt (possibly a jack russell mix?), a pug, a min pin, a pomeranian, and a chihuahua. We also have 7 cats, a horse, 5 snakes, 2 tortoises, 2 chinchillas, 2 rats, 9 birds, and a small fish tank. We're planning on adding a few chickens in a few weeks too. I've been wanting and waiting for a very long time to have chickens and I'm excited we're finally ready for them this year!

molucass
01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Welcome to PT!

My name is Cori and I am from Texas.. I currently work at a hotel as a night auditor. I'm 24 and anxiously expecting a baby in September.
My fiance has an 8 week old puppy named Skunk, 2 goats (now 3, one just had a baby this morning), a horse and a pig..
I also have a female pit bull named Alize that I have had since the day she was born. She will be 2 in February.
And last but not least, I have a chihuahua named Deebo, but he stays with my mom now because the "farm life" just wasn't for him. He's 4 yrs old and weighs 4 lbs, so I figured it would be best for him to stay with my mom and her little dogs when I moved out.

prechrswife
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Hello! I'm Dusty, and I live in FL. I'm 37. My husband and I have been married for 9 years, and we have 3 kids, ages 4, 2 1/2, & 9 months. We currently have 2 cats, Saphirah, our almost 11 year old solid black diva kitty, and Chloe, our almost 10 year old gray and white kitty who is best buddy to all of our kids. I am a stay-home mom who is a school teacher by trade. I will most likely go back to work when all of our kids are in school, but for now, I'm having a great time being mommy. :)

Sonia59
01-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Great thread!

I am Sonia, I am 37, research scientist, and I live near Paris, France. You probably won't see me posting a lot on PT these days, but I am still here, reading threads now and then.
Peppito is my senior kitty, a mackerel tabby of almost 12. And Jasmine is my all black princess kitty, she is 5. You can see them in my avatar.
I have a daughter, Valentine, who is now 2 y and 3 months.

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Wow, I didn't get my e-mail notifications of all the replies since my last post in this thread!

To Zara, Renate, slick, Bonny, Melissa, Kari, Cori, Dusty and sonia...Thank you for introducing yourself to me and welcoming me!

Bonny, yes, we've "chatted"...WOW, I'm so excited to hear of your job! I absolutely LOVE Little House on the Prairie which is based on Laura Ingall Wilders stories. I'd love to see the museum sometime if I ever get the chance to do any traveling.

Kari, I can see why you don't have a lot of time to post. We used to raise pigs and also had chickens for our own farm fresh eggs. We even used incubators to hatch chickens, guinea hens, and ducks from eggs!

Looking forward to trying to get to know some of you better! A special thanks for those of you who don't get a lot of time to post to take the time to say hello to me!

wolf_Q
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
My name is Amy, I'm 25 years old, I live in Utah, I'm engaged. I have three siberian huskies- Nebo (red/white, 7 years old), Keva (black/white, 3 years old), and Skya (white, 1 1/2 years old). My fiance also has a dog, Killer (lab/pit mix, 4 years old). I work as a pet groomer full time and also go to school (though I'm not going this semester). I also do pet portrait paintings occasionally.

Catty1
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi, Pat!

My name is Candace. I live in Cochrane, Alberta which is about 25 minutes NW of Calgary, Alberta.

I am owned by Oscar Mayer Wild (a former feral who was 'vetted' and given to me one Christmas by my employers at the cat boarding kennel), and Cole Rover Porter, a black fluffy boy who was dumped on the kennel's acreage when he was about 8 - 9 months old.

I worked as a traveling pianist/singer for over 20 years, and recorded one CD. The last ten years have been very challenging in trying to hold on to a 'real' job, but am getting help with some health issues and a life/career coach so I can support myself.

These days I am a computer tech, self-employed. It can be really frustrating at times, but I love the flexibility.

Welcome!:)

Cincy'sMom
01-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Welcome to PT!

I'm Amy, and I live in Toledo Ohio. My husband and I have been married just over 9 years and we have 3 puppers, Sadie, a 9 yr old lab/dal mix, Spot, a 9 yr old dal/lab mix and Cincy, an 8 yr old lab mix. All three are therapy dogs and love going to the library to have kids read to them.

I am a chemist, although I currently work more in sales from a technical aspect. I work for a contract lab, working with medical device companies to determine what type of chemistry tests are needed for them to gain approval from the FDA or other similiar bodies in other countries.

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 07:13 PM
My name is Candace. I live in Cochrane, Alberta which is about 25 minutes NW of Calgary, Alberta.
I worked as a traveling pianist/singer for over 20 years, and recorded one CD.

Pat.....if ya got a couple of bucks.....buy the CD !!!! Great stuff.
Wom

Catty1
01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks, Wom! :)