PDA

View Full Version : Mega Millions 105 Million Tonight - What Would You Do?

LokiDog
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I would buy the biggest piece of land that I could, somewhere with trees and wide open spaces.
I would construct large buildings with heated floors.
I would go to every mattress and furniture outlet so I could find and buy beds and couches and comfy chairs.
I would hire a full time Vet.
I would hire a special cook.
I would buy rope toys and squeaky toys.
I would buy rawhide's and kong balls.
I would buy catnip and rubber mice.
I would buy cages for hamsters and bunnies.
I would build paddocks for horses and llamas.

AND THEN

I would create a home for every animal who needs one and would make sure that none of them are ever turned away.

If I won the lottery, I would create heaven.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
01-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Hmm, sounds like a good beginning for Pettalkville! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7504) And old thread, but still a goodie - you'll see volunteers for many jobs there! :)

LokiDog
01-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Yeah, Pettalkville sounds like a cool place. I just spent some time wandering around there. But I don't think I would want to set up there. Maybe right outside the town limits?

It seems that the animals in Pettalkville would already have a home. I want to build a place for the unwanted. Sort of like a Boy's Town for critters. Someplace where you would never have to worry about someone responding to an ad for a "forever home" you would know you already had one. Oh sure, a human could visit and invite you to come and live with them, but you would not have to worry about it if it didn't happen. They would have their "forever home" for as long as they wanted it.

I would build a big hotel where people could come and stay for free, as long as they agreed to share their bed with a dog or cat who never had the chance to know what it like to roll over at 3AM and have their belly scratched.

That's my fantasy - being able to provide and live in a place that they would think of as heaven.

Of coarse, all the human citizens of Pettalkville could come by at any time if they had any extra hugs and cuddles to spare:)

LokiDog
01-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Nobody won so my fantasy is still alive. Now it's up to 122 Million. So my dream can even be bigger.

But really, whats your dream?

AdoreMyDogs
01-23-2010, 12:30 PM
It's an obscene amount of money, I can't even imagine what on earth I'd do with all that dough, but I WOULD get myself a couple nice homes, maybe a summer home and a winter home somewhere. I'd load up my favorite non-profit organizations with more money than they had ever seen before, I'd buy a huge plot of virgin land somewhere and just keep it untouched so my children would always be able to see what a virgin forest looks like. I'd never again have to worry about affording heart worm pills for my precious fur kids again! I'd be able to afford putting my beautiful children into the most highly rated private school. I'd get to travel any where and at any time, my gosh would that be fun! Maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket, huh? :)

RICHARD
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Find an old style Hummer and a trailer, toss a bike, atv and generator on it.
Go to the outdoor/sporting goods store and buy a tent and all the accessories, then go on vacation for a month-with the Edster.

Buy my stupid sibs out of my parent's property--in change-not pennies, but in quarters, nickels and dimes.

I'd pick out a few animal charities to donate to, like the National Search Dogs training center in Ojai, CA.

Then do some charity. I have some really special things I'd like to do...Not like the TV programs where they give people a house because they need one.

I'd pay for education-give grants to kids who WANT TO BE IN SCHOOL, then when they finish? Give them a bonus...:)

Oh, then go to one game at the home of every baseball, basketball, hockey and football team in America.

oh, build a shooting range in my backyard. I have always wanted to go to the Olympics to compete in target shooting. Yes, I think I could.:)

caseysmom
01-23-2010, 01:34 PM
It would be enough to not ever have to worry about money for me and my kids. I would retire and buy a home on a beach somewhere and not worry about the money to send both my kids to college.

Like Richard says I like the idea of sending some well deserving kids to college, what a great idea.

Alysser
01-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm a little too young to "gamble" but whatever -

-Allow my parents to retire and set them up in a nice house of their choice.
-Pay off my sister's & brother college tution because I'm such a nice sibling.
-Set aside enough money to get my PhD in Marine Biology/Science.
-Get a buddy for Mikey from a shelter of course, and probably start my own rescue while I'm at it!
-Give 3.3 million $ to the MCSPCA so they could afford to pay off their the last of what they owe for the beautiful renovations they did - all for the animals :)
-Donate to charities, a few specific ones like Haiti Reparations and such.
-Do something fun that's Star Trek related - like go to the big convention in Las Vegas.
-Pay off any or all debt my family has.
-Get some awesome things for Mikey to enjoy, including a new giant backyard for him to run around him but I guess that would go along with the house.
-Give some money to my FFA chapter.
-Take a ride in the "Vomit Comet" at NASA.

I don't know what else, because honestly, I have alot of crazy things I wanna do...:o

pomtzu
01-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Ya' gotta play to win - and I never do either - so I guess I'll just be thankful for what I have. :D

Hmmm - a house on the oceanfront sure would be nice tho..............

Or I could even buy my own lighthouse and live in it - a dream from my childhood. :)

RICHARD
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM
-Take a ride in the "Vomit Comet" at NASA.

Tell you what,
I'll buy you a ticket on the Virgin Spaceship.....Why stop at throwing up?:D;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvW1OELo-k

LokiDog
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not much of a gambler either. Unless you consider $1 twice a week a gambler. And then only when it goes over 50 Million.
I guess I just like to dream about what I COULD do with the money.
We all have our fantasies, and I guess I'm curious about what other pet people dream about. :)

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks to all who have taken the time to share their dreams.

:love::love::love:

Alysser
01-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Tell you what,
I'll buy you a ticket on the Virgin Spaceship.....Why stop at throwing up?:D;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvW1OELo-k

Screw the vomit comet, let's go ;)

LOL, that actually looks so much better. SO much.

RICHARD
01-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Screw the vomit comet, let's go ;)

LOL, that actually looks so much better. SO much.

The ticket is for you, Just bring me back a t-shirt?:D

KYS
01-23-2010, 03:49 PM
I would take care of my family and my extended family etc. (BF).
Give to my favorite charities.
I would buy a ranch overlooking the ocean and the back yard is federal land.
(have a chef etc.)
Travel and be able to do anything I please.
Oh yea I would quit my job. :D

RobiLee
01-23-2010, 05:53 PM
I would pretty much just disappear ;)

TRAVEL!! Lots of travel and adventures for me.

I would also have several different homes in various parts of the world.

cassiesmom
01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
I would move as close as I could to LokiDog's heaven. I'd scoop litter pans, clean out bunny hutches, refill food and water dishes, muck out the horse barns, and generally be useful.

I'd send my youngest nieces to college, my nephew and my oldest niece to grad school.

I'd replace my sister's car which is on its very last legs.

I'd buy a summer place with a huge porch and some rocking chairs.

And I'd rest.

Marigold2
01-23-2010, 09:26 PM
That is exactly what I would do but I would do it in England as I have always wanted to live there.
I would have a huge hospital and my niece the vet would be in charge. I would offer free shots and neuter or spay for every animal and I would hire the best lawyers so that those that abuse animals would suffer to the fullest extent of the law,
I would buy the biggest piece of land that I could, somewhere with trees and wide open spaces.

I would construct large buildings with heated floors.
I would go to every mattress and furniture outlet so I could find and buy beds and couches and comfy chairs.
I would hire a full time Vet.
I would hire a special cook.
I would buy rope toys and squeaky toys.
I would buy rawhide's and kong balls.
I would buy catnip and rubber mice.
I would buy cages for hamsters and bunnies.
I would build paddocks for horses and llamas.

AND THEN

I would create a home for every animal who needs one and would make sure that none of them are ever turned away.

If I won the lottery, I would create heaven.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
[/QUOTE]

cassiesmom
03-12-2010, 09:25 PM
The state of Illinois just started offering Powerball about 6 or 8 weeks ago. The jackpot is now around $200 million. Man oh man, all the things I could do with even one percent of that money!

I would move as close as I could to LokiDog's heaven. I'd scoop litter pans, clean out bunny hutches, refill food and water dishes, muck out the horse barns, and generally be useful.

I'd send my youngest nieces to college, my nephew and my oldest niece to grad school.

I'd replace my sister's car which is on its very last legs.

I'd buy a summer place with a huge porch and some rocking chairs.

My sister's car is even more on its last legs than when i posted this!

One other thing I'd do is move my 70-something parents to accessible housing, maybe an independent living center. They have lived in their house since before I was born and it is getting a lot harder for them to manage.

I'd set up a scholarship fund for PTers or their relatives studying medicine (human or animal) or any other worthwhile subject, which would be defined as basically anything one can learn. And a fund for PTers needing help with veterinary or other bills. That should use up all the money nicely, I think.

Suki Wingy
03-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Maybe I should buy a ticket or two then!

I'd spend about two years traveling and just living other places. It's no fun just to travel, I'd want to spend some good time in each place like I did in Wales, only renting nicer places than the trailer I slept in!
When I came home, I'd buy a Toyota Tundra, a horse trailer, an appendix quarter horse or a paint cross, a small house either in Onalaska, WI or northern Illinois, and I'd start back up teaching lessons and go to college for history and humanities because I know I'm not happy if I'm not busy and I'm most happy when I'm busy with horses.
Oh and I'd also get to work on all the costumes I want to make and I would never miss another Doctor Who con again!

wombat2u2004
03-13-2010, 02:34 AM
I'd ask Paris Hilton out on a date. :D

Marigold2
03-13-2010, 01:25 PM
She should be so lucky

wombat2u2004
03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
She should be so lucky

I'm not thinking about her luck, I'm thinking about mine...hee hee :D

pomtzu
03-13-2010, 04:28 PM
With my luck, I'd drop dead from shock.............:mad:

kokopup
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Wom

I'm not thinking about her luck, I'm thinking about mine...hee hee

I guess Diggers go for Diggers.:D;)

wombat2u2004
03-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Wom
I guess Diggers go for Diggers.:D;)

I dig that !!! :D

cassiesmom
02-18-2014, 07:43 PM
The jackpot is at $400 million for Wednesday's Powerball. If I won that kind of money I would go straight out and buy a pair of Sorel or La Canadienne snow boots. The ones that cost a bundle but keep your feet warm and dry, no matter what. Heck, I'd buy one pair for dress and one for everyday. This winter I've gotten what I paid for as far as snow boots - cold, wet feet. I'd still buy the summer house and set up the Pet Talk funds (please see #18).

momcat
02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
I'd buy a couple hundred acres in the Catskill Mountains. I'd keep maybe 5 of it to build my dream log cabin house with minimum impact on the environment and would use the cabin builders that plant another tree every tree they use. I'd live there with Amigo and my Irish Setter named Ginger, there would also be a run-in shed for my llama named Snert. Secluded but not isolated. The rest would be designated as a wildlife refuge where the only changes to the ecosystem would be what the animals make themselves. No hunting would be very strictly enforced. You can go in the refuge but only on foot or horseback - no bikes or vehicles of any kind, again strictly enforced. And no interference with the visiting wildlife in the refuge will be tolerated. My dream log cabin house will be big enough for friends to come to enjoy the peace and serenity. Every autumn when the leaves are at peak there will be a big party.