PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used soft claws on their cats?

Pembroke_Corgi
01-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Do soft claws work?

I am thinking about getting some for Kiki till she outgrows her kittenish scratching faze. She and Lyra actually really enjoy playing together, the other day Kiki was sitting in a box while Lyra pushed it around. It was really funny, because they were both having fun. Kiki really likes Lyra despite the fact she can be annoying.

But, sometimes Kiki leaves little scratches on Lyra's hands despite my best efforts. I don't think she means to hurt Lyra, but her claws are sharp! And often I don't noticed Lyra got scratched till later, because she only cries if I separate them while they are playing. I always supervise them while they are together, of course, but somehow she gets these little scratches anyway.

catland
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Pembi. Do an "advanced search" in Cat General with the words "soft claws" in the title. It should send you to some older threads that might be useful to you.

good luck

catmandu
01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I am not fast enough to have soft paws on the paws of the younger Cats , and My Older dont need them.:love::love:

Freedom
01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I learned to clip nails and do that regularly.

Sparkle is 13 and I am STILL waiting for her to outgrow her "kittenish scratching faze."

moosmom
01-22-2010, 06:09 AM
I also trim my cats nails once a week. I've used "Soft Paws" in the past and they are very easy to apply, providing you have another pair of hands to help you.

You need to trim the nails as short as you can before applying them. This will help them to stay on longer. They fall off once the nails have grown. Just re-apply them. They give you extras as well.

Sure beats declawing, which in my opinion, should be banned.