PDA

View Full Version : crosspost - I finally added pictures of my guinea pigs!

Catlady711
01-20-2010, 07:51 PM
I posted this here too because I'm normally in this section by reason of my 7 furkids. lol

I finally figured out how the album thing here works, dug around and scanned in a few pictures of the three guinea pigs I used to have. So now I have pix in my album too. lol

catmandu
01-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Sadly Guinea Pigs dont get the praise they deserve , after all they are Pets Too.
Because they are small and live in cages , there are too many times they are ignored and dont get proper vet care!:(
Catlady 711 we know you were never like that and we love your Little Friends:love:
Guinea Pigs , and Hamster and Small Mammals like Rabbits are a Big Part of Our Awesome Angels Army, they all have Wings of Silver and Gold too, and when a restaurant is chosen their needs are taken care of as well, and they are truly loved.:love::love::love:

3Catcondo
01-23-2010, 05:01 PM
I love guinea pigs. My sister and I had guinea pigs growing up, and now my nieces have them. I think I have pics on a thread here somewhere of my cat Owen and his best piggie friend Buddy. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Catlady711
01-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Sadly Guinea Pigs dont get the praise they deserve , after all they are Pets Too.
Because they are small and live in cages , there are too many times they are ignored and dont get proper vet care!:(
Catlady 711 we know you were never like that and we love your Little Friends:love:
Guinea Pigs , and Hamster and Small Mammals like Rabbits are a Big Part of Our Awesome Angels Army, they all have Wings of Silver and Gold too, and when a restaurant is chosen their needs are taken care of as well, and they are truly loved.:love::love::love:

Not that my G.P's were spoiled or anything, but Piggy once took a trip with me to my great Aunt's house two states away. Traveling with G.P's is easy, their whole house comes with them!!! I also used to take my piggies for a drive to the cemetery. I know that sounds weird but they LOVED grass, and I had read that grass growing near highways, and other areas could be too polluted to eat for them. So I found an area in the waaaayy back part of the cemetery that had lots of grass for them. I also used to shamelessly use them to thin my radish patch. When there were too many seedlings I'd put the pig down, let him munch awhile, then move him to the next spot. LOL

Funny you should also mention restaurants. My mom and I always saved the parsley from our dinner's out and brought it home to the pigs. The waitresses usually thought we were nuts, but the pigs sure loved it!