PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a iPod Touch! =) Question.

CountryWolf07
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
So, I did it. I decided to buy a iPod Touch, but a used 2nd generation 8GB. Only for $145, and it is in very "mint" condition, since I know the owner who had this previously before me. It is fantastic! I never go anywhere without it. It's very useful, and I love the fact it has YouTube on it. ;)
So one question, the battery life.. I still have a warranty under it until September 2010. I am wondering if I should go ahead and test the battery at a Apple Store to see if I need a replacement. If I do need a replacement, they will give me a brand new iPod Touch.. How do you know if the battery life is about to diminish? I know my boyfriend's iPod Touch lasts a couple days with the battery fully charged. Mine can't. I'd have to charge it 2-3 times a day just to be able to be on it all day. I do know the battery on it does run out very fast if I am constantly on it.
Thoughts? Opinions?

Karen
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I usually plug mine in when I am at the computer, just to be sure, so don't know how long the battery would last without doing that. But I have had mine since it was brand new, and if Paul and I use it to, for example, play Scrabble while we are killing time waiting somewhere, it can run down the battery after an hour or so.

Alysser
01-20-2010, 03:35 PM
This sounds really stupid on my part, but when I first got my 1st generation Ipod touch, I didn't know how to turn it off completely and it would be on all day playing music in my bag or whatever. I learned later on that you need to keep holding the top button down for a few seconds and you'll get a screen that says slide to power off. Now the battery can last me a few days when fully charged. I doubt this happened to you, but I never read instructions, so that may explain my ignorance. Also, if you have a warranty I say go for it, you have nothing to loose.