PDA

View Full Version : The one that got away

catnapper
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Every rescuer has a cat in their hands that they let go and regret it. Mine was Angel.

And today I found an email from the adoptive parents.... they want to send her back AND Flutter's sister. :eek: :(

I am beyond devastated. I WANT Angel. I just can NOT take in one more cat. If only I had gotten this info 6 months ago, I'd have taken them both in. but today? After I just added three this year, with a growling Abby sitting next to me because Mikey's looking at her? (oh yes, Mikey and Abby are like two little kids -- Ma! He's looking at me!":rolleyes: ) With a sick Pouncer?

Can I cry?

For those of you who might not remember, Here's angel (my :love: )
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/GoodbyeAngel.jpg

With Flutter
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/Vampiresnuggle.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/bagkittypair.jpg

I can' find Flutter's blackie sister in my photos - I know I have them. She's a 3 legger too and looks EXACTLY like Mystic.

Sigh..... anybody willing to take them in? Otherwise, they're going to the shelter. And I can't imagine MY girls going there! :(

lvpets2002
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
:( Aweee how so sad.. How come the people dont want her anymore?? She is Adorable.. Oh please dont let this baby get away & have to go to the shelter.. I know you will do your best..

catmandu
01-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Thats sad that these people got tired of Angel and Flutters sister.:(
They think more of their gadgets than having a friend who will always be there for you.
We are praying that they can find that Furrever Home.
:love::love::love:
Thats so wrong that people can be that cruel::mad:

krazyaboutkatz
01-20-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Are they having problems with them or do they just have financial problems? Hopefully some one that you know will be able to foster them so they don't have to go to a shelter. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom
01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Oh no! Is there any way you can be involved in placing those 2, keeping them together? Prayers for a great solution to appear quickly.

Laura's Babies
01-20-2010, 10:01 AM
You know if you don't take them back you will regret it the rest of your life don't you? You will always beat yourself up over it.. What a horrible dilemma to be in. Why is the adopter wanting to give them up? Is it something that can be worked out so she can keep them? This is so sad for them...:(

jennielynn1970
01-20-2010, 10:15 AM
What are the issues??? Why are they returning both of them??

Anikaca77
01-20-2010, 10:19 AM
I'll help with transport if I can. Sorry I can't take them. Just too many right now.

Melissa

catnapper
01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Apparently, The one 3-legger is stalkling their 10 year old cat, and Angel is following in on the fun. The 10 year old has developed litterbox issues because of it.

I spent an hour on the phone with them last night. My heart is breaking..... I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo tempted to just say "drop them both off" but logic says I can't take in two more. Its not the money (though that's always a consideration) its the fact that 6 months ago, I had 5 cats. I now have 8. Two more would DOUBLE where I was just a few months ago. I have the room, for sure, but do I have the time, the patience, and 8 cats willing to accept two more?

Cataholic
01-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I am sorry that everyone is in this position.

From my experience, the more you have, the easier it is to add. If you have the room, consider fostering them.

jennielynn1970
01-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Question... could they be split up??? Just wondering. Not that I could really take in more, but one docile compared to one that stalks....

momcat
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
This is a very sad situation for you and your two beautiful kitties. Unfortunately we can't help out, our landlord's wife doesn't like Groucho being here so two more is out of the question. Many prayers are being prayed for these two sweeties to find their purrfect, loving, furever home :love: :love:

catnapper
01-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Question... could they be split up??? Just wondering. Not that I could really take in more, but one docile compared to one that stalks....

Yup, they can be split up. Actually, the stalking isn't stalking so much as watching while the older girl is in the box. Apparently, she needs a lot of privacy and doesn't appreciate being looked at while doing her buseinss.

orangemm
01-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Can't say I blame her! :D

Poor girls..............:(:(

Catty1
01-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Well, gee....maybe the girl kitty could have a covered box and then the other two could still have a home???:confused: