PDA

View Full Version : Ladybugs visit to the whitecoats

cali
01-19-2010, 02:27 PM
miz Ladybug went to the vet yesterday.. hopeing to find out some things about her! when she came to us, we had been calling her "the old lady" because she appeared to be 12-13 years old..when she got so much better, we wernt so sure about that age anymore. well...according her her physical...she actually IS 12-13 years old! :eek:

issues:

heart murmer, and she a few mild signs of heart failier, but just very early stages, and since she is otherwise in great shape, my vet is not overly concerned.

bad hips..vet said likely her hips have always been bad, and its just starting to actually trouble her now.

broken tooth that she starting to abcess..this is the biggest issue..problem is, with a heart condition AND being a sighthound X, she cannot be safely put under to remove it. she is eating totally fine though, chewing on both sides equally and everything, so all we can really do right now is keep an eye on it.

thats it, the vet said that all things considered, she is in remarkable shape..I have to agree, for a 12-13 year old large dog with a heart problem..she looks d*mn good!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/Ladybug/Ladybug.jpg

Catlady711
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Glad to hear that over all she's doing well for her age.:)

Karen
01-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Glad she got a good report. Could they do local anesthesia to fix the tooth?

chocolatepuppy
01-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Ladybug is so pretty! Not doing bad for an old lady!:)

luvofallhorses
01-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Glad everything checked out OK! Ladybug is gorgeous. :love:

boomersooner
01-19-2010, 07:04 PM
What a lucky little pup!! She is very lucky to have found a great home like yours!!

cali
01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
thanks! thats what my vet said, that Ladybug is very very lucky, getting the care, the diet(i feed raw) etc.. that considering the shape she could be in, she is doing xtremly well. she said to double her suppliments, and we are trying asprin for a week to see if it helps her movement, if it does then she will put Bug on something safer for longer term. right now my biggest concern in her heart, since aftre doing some research on it, I discovered that several things Ladybug does, that I did not mention to my vet, not occuring to me that they had anything to do with anything.. are in fact answered perfectly in the case of heart failure..things like panting a lot(thats recent, never really thought about it) and standing with her front legs spread wide, head and neck lowered like a hyena..that was the one that had me scratching my head the most, she is a very narrow chested dog, like what the heck was she doing? but apperntly that is a classic sign of heart failure..they do it to increse oxegen intake....here I thought something was wronge with her legs! in any case, I bought her some hawthorn today, its it is supposed to be exellent for the heart, exstenisvly tested, and very safe, hopefully that will help, as i would much prefere to suppliment naturally then to use pharmacudicals..going natural hasnt failed me yet!