PDA

View Full Version : If a tree falls.....

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
On a man in the Valley would it make any noise?

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_14216709

Today the wind was ferocious-rain was falling sideways at times!:eek:

blue
01-18-2010, 09:17 PM
If the man was a Republican no one would here a thing.

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 09:20 PM
If the man was a Republican no one would here a thing.

Seriously?

That part of the valley is Dem...Really!:eek:

blue
01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
You quoted my typo, I must hang my head in the shamefull way of my people.

So the dems would have a bonfire with the fallen tree if it was felled on a member of the GOP?

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 09:51 PM
You quoted my typo, I must hang my head in the shamefull way of my people.

So the dems would have a bonfire with the fallen tree if it was felled on a member of the GOP?

I'll share the blame, I was a newspaper proofreader for the hi-school rag once.:eek::o;)

It was crazy weather today, if they could have lit a match? More power to them!

Karen
01-18-2010, 11:47 PM

Oh, Richard, you are so sheltered, weatherwise! We often have sideways rain, but even better is snow falling up! Yup, when the wind hits a building, the updraft will swing the snow up! It's easier to see snow, so you can notice it falling down, blowing sideways, or heading up instead of down!

RICHARD
01-19-2010, 12:05 AM
Oh, Richard, you are so sheltered, weatherwise! We often have sideways rain, but even better is snow falling up!

That's a low blow-everyone knows palm trees don't do well in the low to mid 30's!:D

LOL, this was crazy weather.

The wind usually blows from north to south, it was reversed,with rain today.
This is end-of-the-world stuff to me.:eek::confused::o

moosmom
01-19-2010, 07:15 AM
SIDEWAYS rain???:confused::confused: Am I missing something here??

pomtzu
01-19-2010, 07:26 AM
SIDEWAYS rain???:confused::confused: Am I missing something here??

Good grief girl!! You've never seen sideways rain?? - it's just the wind blowing the falling rain - just like snow blows sideways a lot in a heavy snow storm.

You need to get out more.........:p

RICHARD
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
The thread starts with a man being hurt by a falling tree and turns into a thread where everyone is hyping the bad weather in their part of 'town'.:eek:

pomtzu
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
The thread starts with a man being hurt by a falling tree and turns into a thread where everyone is hyping the bad weather in their part of 'town'.:eek:

You started it big boy!!! :p You're the one who mentioned rain falling sideways! ;) Na-nana-na-na (sing-songy of course).

RICHARD
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
You started it big boy!!! :p You're the one who mentioned rain falling sideways! ;) Na-nana-na-na (sing-songy of course).

I did!

I love civic pride and find that people are very protective of their home town/state.

It's like finding a silver lining to that cloud!:D

kokopup
01-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Riichard, the weather reports coming out of your area show the hills sliding sideways too. I guess that's what happens when you get a lot of sideways rain and all of your trees have burned from your sideway forest fires. Do trees really fall in California.:confused:

caseysmom
01-19-2010, 10:41 AM
We are having 3 back to back storms here in northern california, the bad thing is people here really don't know how to drive in these snow storms, there are cars flipping over and hitting snowbanks, etc.

Good news is the snowboarding will be great this weekend for my kid!

RICHARD
01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Riichard, the weather reports coming out of your area show the hills sliding sideways too. I guess that's what happens when you get a lot of sideways rain and all of your trees have burned from your sideway forest fires. Do trees really fall in California.:confused:

Trees grow in the summer, burn in the fall, fall over with the winter rains and just add the the confustion out here.

I live about 10 minutes from the Flintridge/Tujunga areas. Those town butt up against the Angeles National Forest, where most of the tree burnt.

In between is a dam/catch basin area that channels the water runoff to the L.A. river, then to the sea.

There is also a network of concrete channels that cross the valley floor that are about 10 foot deep. When you cross them on a bridge and see them two feet from running over the top you have to compare that to when you see them empty.

We are in for some thunder storms tody. We don't get enough of those!:D

RICHARD
01-19-2010, 03:45 PM
OM!

We just had a TORNADO WARNING for the Orange County area, south of El Lay...

Who jinxed us?:eek::(:confused:

pomtzu
01-19-2010, 04:44 PM
OM!

Who jinxed us?:eek::(:confused:

Yikes - that really is strange.

Since the rest of the country has been having wild/weird weather since before Christmas, I think it's about time that you have some. :eek::)

Seriously tho - hope nothing bad happens regarding that tornado warning. Stay safe..........

kokopup
01-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote by Richard
OM!

Who jinxed us?

Well at least you're still waiting on THE BIG ONE.:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
On a man in the Valley would it make any noise?

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_14216709

The tree may not make any noise but the man would at least say : OOOFFF!
I would think anyway. ;)

RICHARD
01-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Well at least your still waiting on THE BIG ONE.:eek:

I will take a tornado over a tremblor any day of the week.:eek:

------------------

A woman was killed in the p.m. when a eucalyptus tree fell on her trailer.:eek:

caseysmom
01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
We have possible 50 mph winds here today and we are on our third consecutive storm, most likely some more downed trees. My city is known for its trees, there are many huge trees, its pretty scary.

The last storm like this I lost my huge fig tree. My husband had to fish the huge patio umbrella out of our pool yesterday.

Catherinedana
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
The tree may not make any noise but the man would at least say : OOOFFF!
I would think anyway. ;)

giggle!