PDA

View Full Version : The PT "book" project?

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought about this a while back and never really gave it a good look until today.

I have always wanted to try something like a chain letter for PT...

My idea is to get a composition book, like the have in grade schools, send it to people to write, doodle or paste a picture into it, then they could send it along to the next person who would want to host it.

I can only think of two costs for hosting the book-a large envelope to mail it in and the cost of postage-three/four dollars?

I know that times are hard at the moment, but I was hoping that if enough people were interested, we could do this and see where it can go.

I think it would be blast to have people keep it for a few days/a week, read it, write a page or two and send it to the next person.

----------------------

There are a few ideas that I need to iron out for this to get in gear, but wanted to see how many people would be willing to invest a little time and money into this.

I know that there are some very creative people on PT and it would be fun to see them contribute.

Thanks.

DJFyrewolf36
01-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I would be interested!! It would be neat to see what people would write and draw.

Karen
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Remember, a book would count as "media mail," and can be sent for less postage. And of course, if we use mailing labels that can easily be pasted over, the same envelope can be used over and over!

Freedom
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I like the idea.

The people who receive it 3rd, 6th, aren't going to see as much as the ones who see it 15th, etc.

What about if someone scans it all in and sets it up on . . . photobucket? or somewhere, as a slide show? I have a scanner and would be willing to do that last part of it. Of course, this means even those who don't contribute will get to see the whole thing. Not sure if that is what you want / have in mind.

Anyway, count me in!

sirrahbed
01-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Fun idea - I would absolutely participate :D

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
We did something similar my senior year of high school. we had a notebook that was passed around to all the seniors to write our thoughts of our last year. At the end of the year, we photocopied all the pages and got to keep a copy. I still have mine, and although I have not pulled it our real recently, I do go back and read it from time to time, 15 years later.

Count me in!

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Here's an idea some ideas to float past everyone?

I like the offer Freedom gave to be the 'curator'?

After every tenth person or so, it would go "home" to be scanned and put on line so everyone would see it ?

I have to see what a book weighs and figure out another idea about postage.

If media mail rates are good, it may work!:D

Karen
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't know, I think it would be more fun if everything didn't end up online. Just my humble opinion.

And of course, people who contribute early needn't be banned from doing so again, so getting to see it later, right?

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't know, I think it would be more fun if everything didn't end up online. Just my humble opinion.

And of course, people who contribute early needn't be banned from doing so again, so getting to see it later, right?

You have a point, making it a 'must see' would keep the circulation moving.:D

Maybe posting a page or two would pique interest?:)

Husky_mom
01-18-2010, 08:51 PM
that would be so cool..I´d poin.. just lemme find a post office near me hehe.. and I´m in... although my postage would differ as it would go by weight.. but I´d love to participate anyhow ;)

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
that would be so cool..I´d poin.. just lemme find a post office near me hehe.. and I´m in... although my postage would differ as it would go by weight.. but I´d love to participate anyhow ;)

OK.

I was looking at "Book Tours" too.:)

Maybe when the book goes "out of town" we can see how many people in the area (Europe?) would be interested, that way we could line up the people beforehand, that way it could go once, and make the rounds so it doesn't become costly?

joycenalex
01-19-2010, 05:29 AM
i'd be interested, online or cursive form:)

slick
01-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree with Karen. I wouldn't want to see it online. Getting it in the mail makes it all the more surprising if you don't know what's inside.

Not sure what I would contribute as I can't draw but maybe I can put in some pics of RB Max and Speckles along with some of their fur.

lvpets2002
01-19-2010, 10:27 AM
:) Count me in.. Sounds like fun..

k9krazee
01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
I would love to participate! And I agree, I don't think it should be online, at least not until it's completely full!

Karen
01-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Remember Slick, it doesn't have to be art, it can be writing!

And of course, I'd participate, sounds like fun!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Would it be possible to use a 3 ring type binder? That way pages can be added as needed and it could hold lots and lots! :love:

It would be easier to copy pages that way too.

Karen
01-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Would it be possible to use a 3 ring type binder? That way pages can be added as needed and it could hold lots and lots! :love:

It would be easier to copy pages that way too.

I'm not sure that would get the "media mail" discount. And I like the idea of it being finite - and if people enjoy it, we can start a new one! :)

anna_66
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Richard this is a very cool idea. I would be very interested in participating.

Casper
01-19-2010, 06:52 PM
This sounds like a wonderful idea. Count me in!

Once the book is full and stops circulating could copies be made for everyone?
Maybe a small fee could be attached to help pay for the processing...
Just a thought. :)

robinh
01-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I am so not creative, but would love to participate. Would be nice to get to know everyone from PetTalk better.

R

Scooter's Mom
01-20-2010, 05:06 AM

I would not get to participate or enjoy the others letters and drawings if it's not put online... things are so extremely tight at the moment that there is just NO room in our budget (which should be written in red ink) for any "fun" stuff.

Queen of Poop
01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I'd be in. But I'll tell you up front I cannot draw!!! I could include photos though, tons of those. I think there's quite a few of us in this area too.

kokopup
01-20-2010, 09:21 AM
This is a great Idea, I would like to participate. You might think about putting it online with a password to view the media, Just a thought. My son has a server if we need someone to host the site. We recently had a church reunion of the members that met in the old original chapel. This building was slated to be torn down, after over a hundred years of history, to make room for the expansion of what had become the largest church in the area. My history went back over 60 years. We had a photo copy book made of photos and member comments that ended up costing each member around $5. There are a lot of options open for the final collection of pages. I say go for it.

Catherinedana
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Fabulous idea!!! I'd love to participate. Maybe my kids will take a nibble off of my page so that they can participate too. Given the option, my lovebird Teacake would shred the entire thing. . . :rolleyes:

Cathy

Pembroke_Corgi
01-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Sounds fun!

If we wanted to put something online eventually, couldn't each member scan their own work before they send it off, so we have a complete copy? If someone didn't have a scanner, the next person to get it could do their own and the previous person's.

Karen
01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Sounds fun!

If we wanted to put something online eventually, couldn't each member scan their own work before they send it off, so we have a complete copy? If someone didn't have a scanner, the next person to get it could do their own and the previous person's.

Also, more people probably have a digital camera than a scanner, and can take a picture of their page if they want to, instead of a scan, before they send it along!

RICHARD
01-22-2010, 12:28 PM
I will post a list of ideas on Monday about the book. IT's still a go for me, I just want to run some things past you all!:cool:

RICHARD
01-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I went to pick up the books today, and am going to start two books for this project.:)

I think the first will go to Karen and Paul.

How will we coordinate who gets what, when?

I think we can have peope sign up and do it in that order, or?

Toss out ideas!

Karen
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Sure, but what were the ideas you said you'd post today?

RICHARD
01-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I will start the books by sending them out and putting a few dollars in for the next person to use as postage, Then they can donate towards the next person's postage, I think a 4-5 dollars would do?

If the postage is less maybe the person hosting can pitch in the difference to keep the envelope at the 4-5 dollar level, to keep the package going?

I will paste an envelope at the back for the money-Maybe just bills, no coins?

I also thought about having people post on the thread the order of wanting to host it. Would anyone object to starting out in the order that people posted on the thread?

Are their any Europe/overseas people who would want to host it, that way we can assure they get a chance to contribute?

There are 200 pages in each book I was thinking of maybe 3-4 pages alloted per person?

I think I was overthinking the whole process.:o The less I think about it the more fun it will be?

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Sounds cool to me Richard, I'll be in that for sure.
Maybe if it comes to Australia for instance, then it should be sent on to all the other Aussies in the scheme whilst it's here....and then on to Europe to be done by all Europeans for instance....and so on and so on....
Wom

I will start the books by sending them out and putting a few dollars in for the next person to use as postage, Then they can donate towards the next person's postage, I think a 4-5 dollars would do?

If the postage is less maybe the person hosting can pitch in the difference to keep the envelope at the 4-5 dollar level, to keep the package going?

I will paste an envelope at the back for the money-Maybe just bills, no coins?

I also thought about having people post on the thread the order of wanting to host it. Would anyone object to starting out in the order that people posted on the thread?

Are their any Europe/overseas people who would want to host it, that way we can assure they get a chance to contribute?

There are 200 pages in each book I was thinking of maybe 3-4 pages alloted per person?

I think I was overthinking the whole process.:o The less I think about it the more fun it will be?

Nomilynn
01-26-2010, 08:45 AM
I would also like to participate in this project!

carole
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Wombat i think it is a great idea too,but i think it would get to costly for me to particpate and perhaps others in Europe etc, the cost of postage is outrageous these days, hey but have fun everyone ,sounds a very cool idea.

Roxyluvsme13
01-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I would be interested in participating. I know there's some other PT'ers in Tennessee.

I was trying to think of anything to add that would contribute to the whole idea, but I'm not coming up with anything currently. I think the postage idea where everyone contributes towards the next person's postage is good though. This is a brilliant idea :D

Catty1
01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
I think if some folks could 'overcontribute' a bit, especially if they are sending the book to the overseas person, that would help. Postage within that country or region...if you know the person you are sending it to is a bit hard up, send the postage for two shippings.

Just a thought.

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I think if some folks could 'overcontribute' a bit, especially if they are sending the book to the overseas person, that would help. Postage within that country or region...if you know the person you are sending it to is a bit hard up, send the postage for two shippings.

Just a thought.

No probs....I'll be in that.

RICHARD
01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I think I was 'over engineering' this idea and was going against my basic thought about life.

Too much planning leads to too many hitches in the giddy-up!:confused:;)

Thanks!

wombat2u2004
01-26-2010, 08:54 PM
All obstacles can be overcome Richard, especially if one owns a ladder.

RICHARD
01-27-2010, 01:02 PM
I sent it out to Karen today...:)

I guess we can send it on in order of the people who posted that they wanted to host the book, I'll check over the thread and get that list together!

Have fun!

captain
01-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Count me in,
Wom - I am not sure but I don't think there are many Aussies ..... :D

Just a note to everyone - please note that ANY food stuff that MAY be included on a page - like a piece of kibble, means that Australian customs will send the book right back!!!

NOT that I think you would put a piece of kibble or dog treat on a book, but just in case ...........

OK, it sounds MAD, but ..

moving on.:)
Cheers Richard - great idea!
M

wombat2u2004
01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
We'll work it out Capt. If all the other Aussies get it first, then send it around, make sure I'm the last on the list so I can get it over to Carole in NZ with postage back to USA for her included by me.

wombat2u2004
01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, and yeah.....Capatain has a good point there. Aussie customs are really heavy on foodstuff, seeds etc coming into the country.
So none of that stuff.....k ????
Last time I was stateside, the customs grabbed me on the way back for carrying a necklace of Indian corn seeds that had been dyed. I'm sure the corn seeds were years old, as I bought it in a trading post down in Ark. But they confiscated it anyway. Just goes to show how strict they are.

Roxyluvsme13
01-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Should we compile a list of what order the book goes in then? And maybe make a list of the date when it will be shipped out, or when it should be shipped out I should say. I like organization :D

robinh
01-27-2010, 05:58 PM
This sounds like so much fun!

RICHARD
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Captain, Carole and Wom,

I have a second book that I was thinking of sending out to the Foreign Lands.

Maybe you Aussies first, then maybe we can coordinate the Europe contingent????

(Captain, I'll take the book next door and rub it all over the pit bull that lives there-that will scare 'em?)

------------------------

Roxy, I am going to list the people as the responded to the thread. I think that's fair and gives everyone a chance to think about what the want to do. I am hoping that everyone can turn the book around in 3-4 days?

Let's see how things go?

captain
01-27-2010, 09:53 PM
(Captain, I'll take the book next door and rub it all over the pit bull that lives there-that will scare 'em?)

Smart A .. :p

Roxyluvsme13
01-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Roxy, I am going to list the people as the responded to the thread. I think that's fair and gives everyone a chance to think about what the want to do. I am hoping that everyone can turn the book around in 3-4 days?

Let's see how things go?
So, whenever it's our turn for the book the previous person will PM for our address and then we have 3-4 days after we receive the book to do whatever in it? That works!

Pinot's Mom
01-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I know I'm late to this....can I play, too?

carole
01-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I am not sure i would participate, i have no idea what we are supposed to do, i was just enquiring for the others overseas, but thanks for thinking of me, i appreciate it. cheers.

Moesha
01-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know what I'd do but would be willing to participate. Hopefully there will be several that will have gone before me and give me some ideas.

RICHARD
01-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Moe,

Anything....you want.

Carole,
Put a photo in? Paste a postard of you town, city? draw a little bit.

PM,
Of course you can!

slick
01-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I am hoping that everyone can turn the book around in 3-4 days?
Ah......make that at least a week for this poor full time worker. :rolleyes: I can only get to the Post office on weekends.

RICHARD
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Ah......make that at least a week for this poor full time worker. :rolleyes: I can only get to the Post office on weekends.

You all are making me work too hard with this!;)

wombat2u2004
01-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Actually Richard, I was thinking of taking over this task from you........
but......I don't want to !!!! hee hee

RICHARD
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Actually Richard, I was thinking of taking over this task from you........
but......I don't want to !!!! hee hee

It's not work when you labor in love?:eek::D

(Loved the ladder reference.)

---------------------------

Here is the list of people, in order, who answered the post-this is only the people from the first 20 posts-I have my PT acct. set up that way...

DJFrye
Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Moff
Anna66
Oyster.

I'll post the 'hosts' from the next 20 posts later!

How do you all want to handle this?:)

Do you want to get a PM or to send a PM with your address the the person before you?

wombat2u2004
02-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Do you want to get a PM or to send a PM with your address the the person before you?

Either that, or by carrier pidgeon.

wombat2u2004
02-01-2010, 06:47 PM

No, scrap that last idea......we have some Brits here, and I think they eat pidgeons.

RICHARD
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM

I have to laugh-

We have a politician in a bit of hot water here in the states.

He was cheating on his cancer stricken wife and had a child with the woman.
Apparently there is a XXX tape of the two. Last night, a woman who knows the "other woman" spoke on the tube to some reporter, Her name?

Pidgeon.:rolleyes:

I'll send you a PM.....

Roxyluvsme13
02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I think PM-ing addresses would work nicely. Although... I've always wanted a pigeon so I think if we used carrier pigeons I'd end up keeping one :D

RICHARD
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I think PM-ing addresses would work nicely. Although... I've always wanted a pigeon so I think if we used carrier pigeons I'd end up keeping one :D

I'll send DJ one and hopefully everything will fall into place!
;)

Roxyluvsme13
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I'll send DJ one and hopefully everything will fall into place!
;)
Haha, great! :D

RICHARD
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Haha, great! :D

LOL and a private message too?;)

Kirsten
02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Many years ago, I made a book about another forum I visited a lot at that time. I had written some articles on several aspects of that forum, and also asked people to contribute their thoughts re. these subjects, and they were posted in the book as well. As far as I remember, there were also photos of the board members. However, the book was not published as a printed version, but as an e-book available to download for every member. Just a thought...

doolittleky
02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
HI Richard, I think I would like to participate too if it isn't too late. What do I need to do to participate?
Melissa

RICHARD
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
HI Richard, I think I would like to participate too if it isn't too late. What do I need to do to participate?
Melissa

Not too late.

The book will come to you in time, with a few dollars for your postage.
You just need to draw, paste, write what you want to contribute, add a few bucks for the next person's postage and mail it off!

It's more an investment of time and knowing what you want to put in to the book. I don't want to put any restrictions, other that the Four Page rule because I am curious to see what people do with space and creativity!

Yes, it is a PT project, so pets are the reason why we got together, but I like to think of this as a personal taste of who you are.

Thanks and you are part of the list now!

:D

Roxyluvsme13
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Richard, definitely a private message to :D.

I'm so excited about this book, haha. My girly handwriting will be imprinted in the hearts of PT forever :rolleyes:

anna_66
02-03-2010, 06:38 AM
I'll be very excited to see what everyone is doing! FUN:D

LokiDog
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I think this is a great idea, but since I'm so new here I don't feel comfortable participating yet. :( I'd like a little more time getting to know everybody before I feel I have the right to contribute.

So, that being said. If the first round is successful, will you do it again?

As for it being available online to view - my personal opinion is that it should NOT be available until it is complete. That way you can have the whole experience at once, and then it also might encourage more people ( like me ) to participate in the 2nd round :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I think this is a great idea, but since I'm so new here I don't feel comfortable participating yet. :( I'd like a little more time getting to know everybody before I feel I have the right to contribute.

So, that being said. If the first round is successful, will you do it again?

As for it being available online to view - my personal opinion is that it should NOT be available until it is complete. That way you can have the whole experience at once, and then it also might encourage more people ( like me ) to participate in the 2nd round :rolleyes:

Feel comfortable !!!! Nobody is going to bite you (well maybe one or two will, most of us here are really old and don't have any teeth anyway, so it wouldn't hurt)

Roxyluvsme13
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Feel comfortable !!!! Nobody is going to bite you (well maybe one or two will, most of us here are really old and don't have any teeth anyway, so it wouldn't hurt)
LMAO, Wom!!! It's a good thing I didn't have anything to drink in my mouth right as I read this or I would've ruined my keyboard!

Lokidog, you should participate, we really don't bite, promise :D! And it will be loads of fun!

Husky_mom
02-04-2010, 11:02 AM

lmao.. I can see that.. nom nom nom... lol

LMAO, Wom!!! It's a good thing I didn't have anything to drink in my mouth right as I read this or I would've ruined my keyboard!

I´m on the same boat...:D :p

slick
02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I already have a few things in mind that I want to include. This is so much phun. :D

Catherinedana
02-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Did ya start yet? I've been away from this post for a while and need to catch up. . .

Richard you already have my address, right? I could always send it by carrier parrot. . .

kuhio98
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd love to participate, but I'm away from home 2 weeks at a time. I would hate to hold up the progress, but I sure would like to see it scanned in for those who couldn't participate.

RICHARD
02-04-2010, 03:14 PM
The book has been sent out.:)

This is the list of participants so far.

This list may change because I have to check on who posted ideas and who physically wants the book!

I am trying to PM the people who have posted but not have commited to receiving it.

DJFrye
Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Moff
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky

IF you have any questions about the book, postage or ????

I tried to answer questions and coordinate things without making this too complicated! Some info is in the first posts on the thread and others will pop up, so if you can read it from the beginning, your question may already be answered there!

Some of you have sent your addresses to me!

You are on my xmas list now! What I would like is for people on the list to look at who is 'above' them and send that person their address! That way it saves me a step and you will get to know the person ahead of you.

I will continue to prod and push the book along. Getting people involved is fun and I don't mind doing it.

So. If anyone is on the list and doesn't want the book. Please let me know so I can make those changes and if you get the book need help to pass it along let me know.

Also,

I want to stress that there is a small donation that need to go into the envelope for the next person to use, then they need to replace it for the next person.

I am looking at 3-4 maybe five dollars to keep it going, I know people are generous and will add to the 'postage fund' to continue with this project.

I cannot emphasize this enough!
Please read the list carefully and if you do not want to get the book, Please let me know so I can make the changes to the list.

Thanks!

wombat2u2004
02-04-2010, 04:14 PM
lmao.. I can see that.. nom nom nom... lol

I´m on the same boat...:D :p

Well, a grimace with blackened gums is just as bad as an actual bite you know !!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-04-2010, 04:20 PM
How will we know who gets the book after us and their addy? :D

Karen
02-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I have the book now, and Richard sent me a PM with the person's name, and we PM'd for her address.

RICHARD
02-04-2010, 07:14 PM
How will we know who gets the book after us and their addy? :D

LOL, stop it!:p

They will either PM it to you, or I will send then a PM to remind them to get it to you!

Roxyluvsme13
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
So the only thing we can't post in the book is like food items... Could we post like flowers or something? Not that there's a flower in sight around here, but I'm just asking :D

RICHARD
02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
So the only thing we can't post in the book is like food items... Could we post like flowers or something? Not that there's a flower in sight around here, but I'm just asking :D

Oh,

Thanks for posting that!

I think we should stay away from attaching anything organic to the book. I know there are restrictions on transporting some flowers/veggies/plants between states and countries!

It's a good question, but to play it safe I think we should avoid any plants of flowers, just to be on the safe side?:(

wombat2u2004
02-05-2010, 04:42 AM

They'd never get thru customs here, they'd be sent right back to you.

slick
02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
No food, no flowers, what about fur?????:confused::confused:

RICHARD
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
no food, no flowers, what about fur?????:confused::confused:

peta!!!!!!

Pinot's Mom
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
They'd never get thru customs here, they'd be sent right back to you.

Actually, they get confiscated. I found that out at Christmas with little itty bitty rawhides for puppies :(. Some poor pups never got their presents from the States!

Roxyluvsme13
02-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Well that just sucks. No flowers, no food, no fur? LOL, PETA.

I can't pop a Lily fluffy in there now :p

RICHARD
02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Well that just sucks. No flowers, no food, no fur? LOL, PETA.

I can't pop a Lily fluffy in there now :p

I am sure you can do fur.......Just don't tell PETA?:eek:;)

wombat2u2004
02-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Actually, they get confiscated. I found that out at Christmas with little itty bitty rawhides for puppies :(. Some poor pups never got their presents from the States!

Yes they do confiscate them......I was never sure if they sent them back or not.

wombat2u2004
02-05-2010, 11:03 PM
No food, no flowers, what about fur?????:confused::confused:

I think they allow kangaroo fur in.

RICHARD
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Checking in!

DJ is getting the book next with Freedom next on the list!

-----------

THe second book has gone out to the Land of Oz with a detour to Europe!!!!

RICHARD
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Checking in!

DJ is getting the book next with Freedom next on the list!

-----------

THe second book has gone out to the Land of Oz with a detour to Europe!!!!

finn's mom
02-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd love to participate! I think it's a great idea!

RICHARD
02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd love to participate! I think it's a great idea!

DONE!

Updated List!!!

DJFrye
Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky
Finn's Mom

DJFyrewolf36
02-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Ill be looking for it, just an FYI though the mail service here is abysmal. Ill let you know when it has arrived and when its sent out!

Roxyluvsme13
02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I might not be able to participate. It depends on when I get my laptop back. If my time for the book occurs before I get my laptop back then I won't be able to; however, I'll just wait and see. If no one hears anything from me, just skip me.

RICHARD
02-24-2010, 05:09 PM
AN update!

Book Number 2 made it to the "Land Down Under' and will be making it's rounds down there for a bit!

----------------

Book 1 is in the Northwest some place!

DJFrye
Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky
Finn's Mom

Nomilynn
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what is in the book already. I'm actually glad I'm so far down the list - I will have a chance to take in everything already in the book! :D

RICHARD
04-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Checking up on the book!

I hope it's moving along, I want to impress upon everyone that it's a long road to go and I hope we can get this project rolling along.

Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky
Finn's Mom

It will help keep track of it if you all can take a few seconds to update the thread, When you get the book, When you have sent it along?

Thanks!

DJFyrewolf36
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I still have the book! Due to some issues, its been delayed (I haven't even had a chance to write in it!) It should be shipped off to the next one in line by next friday!

Sorry for the delay, life gets in my way a lot lately :o

kokopup
04-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Richard, I think we needs some time constraints on getting the book in and out. At our present rate it will take over 2 years for the book to make its rounds.

RICHARD
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I still have the book! Due to some issues, its been delayed (I haven't even had a chance to write in it!) It should be shipped off to the next one in line by next friday!

Thanks!

I was just checking up, I had a PM as to Where in World is the PT Book!

Let me know?:)

slick
04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Looking forward to receiving it. I've already got some things in mind to include. :)

Freedom
04-09-2010, 07:53 AM

Whew! I was getting worried, as I hadn't received it yet, lol. No problem, life happens around here as well! :D

Nomilynn
04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Where is the book right now? Haven't heard any updates lately :)

RICHARD
04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Where is the book right now? Haven't heard any updates lately :)

LEt me check?

RICHARD
08-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Can someone give me an update on the location of the PT book!

Thanks!

Pinot's Mom
08-28-2010, 12:44 PM
I had completely forgotten! I have a feeling I'll get it somewhere around 2015! ;)

Cincy'sMom
08-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Can someone give me an update on the location of the PT book!

Thanks!

I'm embarressed to admit, I still have it :( I really should have had it out by now, but now, since it is so close, I thought perhaps, I would hang on to it one more week, take it the Dog Park and get some contributions there? If that is okay with everyone, I swear, I will mail it out immediatly after!!!

anna_66
08-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm embarressed to admit, I still have it :( I really should have had it out by now, but now, since it is so close, I thought perhaps, I would hang on to it one more week, take it the Dog Park and get some contributions there? If that is okay with everyone, I swear, I will mail it out immediatly after!!!

I think that's a wonderful idea Amy! And since I'm one that's on the list my name could be crossed off.
Glad I looked at this thread again! I'll bring what I want included in the book on Sunday:)

RICHARD
08-30-2010, 12:07 PM
I think that's a wonderful idea Amy! And since I'm one that's on the list my name could be crossed off.
Glad I looked at this thread again! I'll bring what I want included in the book on Sunday:)

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Good Idea! Thanks!

I am going to have to start cracking the whip!;)

anna_66
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Just wanted to you all to know I have the book right now.

Kimmy added to the book while it was at the park:)

I knew what I was going to put in it, but now that I've brought it home there is a couple things I want to do.

Amy let me know that Isabel is next to have it, so I will be sending it on to her from here.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet and I can't wait. It looks intriguing!

anna_66
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Well I've read through the book and added my own pages. How fun!
I even took pictures of all the pages for myself to remember it by, who knows if I'll ever see it again:D
Richard, thanks for thinking this up!

Isabel...it's on it's way to you!

luckies4me
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I'd love to do something like this.

How about when the first book is full post it online, then start a second? :)

Nomilynn
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I can't wait to get it!

I have also moved and I can't remember if I've given my address to anyone, so please let me know before you send it :)

Husky_mom
09-09-2010, 04:44 PM
well.. seems my turn is up.. it should be here in around two weeks or so.. as that´s usually how long it takes for anything shipped over to me.. so I´ve got time to think on what to do with it.. lol.. so excited!!

luckies4me
09-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Are we still allowed to join?

RICHARD
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi, I am checking in....

Thanks to everyone again.

I'll post a update re the list and who should get it next.

Yes you can still join and I'll PM you with the info.
Thanks.

Karen
09-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Am I still on the list, as I started the first one that apparently vanished into limbo ...?

RICHARD
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
An update on the progress of the book?

Can some one let me know where it is?:D

HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Moff
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky

Karen
09-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Oh, am I not on the list this time?

RICHARD
09-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh, am I not on the list this time?

I was trying to get a idea where I could squeeze you in, I wanted to set this up for the next few months.:)

That was why I asked.

I think Anna66 jumped the line and wanted to revise the list.

Reachoutrescue
09-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Am I still able to join? I would love to participate!!

slick
09-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm 3rd on the list and I have not received it yet....

Pinot's Mom
09-24-2010, 12:47 PM
The book was, unfortunately, on it's way to Isabel. She's not sure whether it will be sent where she's currently living, or returned to the person who sent it. She mentioned that in her unbelievable post about her husband, well, not the book, but "a package" which MAY have been the book. We'll just have to wait and see. She's got way too much to deal with.

RICHARD
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
JoycenAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Moff
Anna66
Oyster.

The next set of people in line for the PT book!

Husky_mom
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I got the book sent to me along with my stuff with the movers... just need to figure out what to write.. and who/where to send it to...

it might take a lil longer but it will be on it´s way once it´s done..

moosmom
10-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have something like that circulate a while back? Okay, so my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be. But I definitely remember doing something similar.

Please tell me I'm not imagining things.

lvpets2002
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
:) No Hurry Isabel.. We all for sure understand.. Hey waiting always makes things much better.. Also Check Post #56 & that will tell you who is next on the list.. You will have to PM for the address ok Isabel..

I got the book sent to me along with my stuff with the movers... just need to figure out what to write.. and who/where to send it to...

it might take a lil longer but it will be on it´s way once it´s done..

kokopup
10-14-2010, 04:44 PM
moosmom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have something like that circulate a while back? Okay, so my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be. But I definitely remember doing something similar.

Please tell me I'm not imagining things.

You are not imagining things. Yes it has been circulating for 7 months and so far made it to 4 or 5 people in North America, don't know what is going on across the pond. :confused:

moosmom
10-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks Kokopup!! I KNEW my mind wasn't THAT far gone!!!

doolittleky
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
My name isn't on that list either. I was on the original list but I can't remember who was in front of me.

doolittleky
10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I went back and looked at the list. here it is

DJFrye
Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Moff
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky

I am suppose to be the last on the list.

Melissa(doolittleky)

kokopup
10-14-2010, 11:41 PM
doolittleky

I went back and looked at the list. here it is

DJFrye
Freedom
Sirrahbed
Cincys Mom
HuskyMom
JoyceAlex
Slick
Lvpets
K9Krazee
Moff
Anna66
Oyster.
RobinH
Queen of Poop
KokoPup
CatherineDana
Pembroke Corgi
Nomilynn
Roxyluvsme13
Catty1
Pinot'sMom
Moesha
Doolittleky

I am suppose to be the last on the list.

Melissa(doolittleky)

You can expect the book based on our present pace around your birthday, Chrismas Eve 2013.;)

moosmom
10-15-2010, 08:26 AM
:confused::confused:I thought I was on the list?

How can I get in on this?

Karen
10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
:confused::confused:I thought I was on the list?

How can I get in on this?

There are two books, two different lists, and to get on a list PM Richard.

dukedogsmom
10-17-2010, 06:05 AM
How have I not seen this? This should be made into a sticky. I would love to participate! How do I get in line for it? PM me please?

RICHARD
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi,

I have fallen down on the job....Where is the book so we can get this going again!:D

Husky_mom
12-08-2010, 09:31 AM
oops.. I have one still.. almost done.. just need to add a few things..

but.. I still need the address of the next in line.. haven´t got it yet..

kokopup
01-19-2011, 11:05 PM
bump

Does anyone know where we stand on the books:confused:

dukedogsmom
01-20-2011, 11:52 PM
I'd still like to be on the list.

kokopup
01-22-2011, 12:11 AM
bump

Husky_mom
01-22-2011, 09:04 AM
the one I "still" have should be leaving next week.. just need an envelope and drag myself to the PO.. it might take a week or two to arrive destination but it´ll be moving ;)

sirrahbed
11-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Have any of our books managed to resurface? I wrote in one and passed it along several years ago.....:)

Karen
11-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Hmm, not that I know of, we'll have to ask Isabel if she got the one she had mailed off, and to whom she sent it!

Freedom
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I wrote a lovely intro to one book . . . never heard again. :(