PDA

View Full Version : Annual Vet Visit in a Few Minutes

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll be heading out with my sister kitties, Kit & Molly, for their waaaaay over-due annual vet visit. I don't expect any issues to arise from the visit as they've both been fit as a fiddle as far as I can tell.
It's always fun taking them in because they came from my vets' small adoption center and all the employees know them...They are expecially smitten with Kit.

Even though I expect it to be a short & sweet visit, it's always nice to have "good vibes" sent that nothing pops up unexpectedly during the hands-on exam by the vet!

katladyd
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Here's hoping they both get a clean bill of health!:)

Catty1
01-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Sending good vibes for a great report! :D

phesina
01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Good energy being sent for a good vet visit!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Thank you for the vibes!

All is well with the sisters, Kit & Molly.
As usual, the vet and tech's just swooned over them. It's great having vets that really know and love your cats!:)

They still have an on-going problem with a bit too much wax in their ears, but again I was assured it's not infection or mites, just clean them out weekly with OTC ear wipes and let the vet know if it gets out-of-hand.

Molly has to watch her waist-line...at 11.2 lbs., Dr. T. said she should not gain, although she's okay as she is.

catmandu
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Theres nothing better than a thumbs up from your Vet saying that Your Cats are healthy and well looked after.
Thats a great day at the whie Coats for all concerned.:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM
It's always great to get a good report from the vet on our babies! GREAT!!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Thank you to all for the well wishes.

Aside from some "singing" from Kit on the drive up & back, and the issue with the wax build up in their ears, they are doing well. Molly has to watch her treat intake and get a wee more active so her waistline doesn't increase anymore.

When it's for a "wellness" visit, it's always fun going to my vets, especially with the sisters. The one time I had to take Kit in sick, they all fawned all over her, she's so well-known and loved there. It's like a social visit for me.

I am truly blessed when it comes to vets. This is the 3rd vet to take over this practice and I have loved every single vet who was the head honcho. Current vet Dr. T has been with the practice for at least 5 years, probably closer to 10, but now she is the head vet and owner. Unfortunately, they know me well because of all the visits with Tiger Lily with her urinary issues. But also as a multi-pet household over the years, they knew me pretty well anyway.

There are something like 10 resident cats who live at my vets office. The vet and the other employees are pretty much all into rescue and foster. The newest resident is a 3 legged fellow named Paul. He was found on the road with his dangling-barely-attached-leg wrapped in paper towels. Dr. T got him well and strong enough to undergo amputation and he's now a happy member of the crew there. You can tell, because of all the resident cats hanging around there, that these folks are animal lovers first, business people second. Dr. T runs a program for spaying stray females real cheap for folks who rescue them or bring them in as TNR cases.

I was thoroughly loved on by resident kitty, Mary, a tiny tortie who originally came in as a wee kitten with horrid eye infection. Her eyes will never be normal, but they look better than they did...and Mary gets around the offices just fine. She tried to crawl into my coat.

I wish everyone with pets could have a vet they felt as comfortable and confident with as I do mine.