PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle on Oprah!

Laura's Babies
01-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Susan will be on the Oprah show TUESDAY, Jan. 19th singing the song "Who I Was Born To Be" for all you Susan fans. This is a beautiful song, written just for her with a powerful message. Don't miss it!

Susan was presented with this after selling 4 million copies of her IDAD CD! Look how good she looks here!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Stars/SusanwithDisc.jpg

Yea, I am ♥Susfan♥!

DJFyrewolf36
01-17-2010, 11:14 PM
It is nice to see that she is really making a name for herself! :D She seems (from the photos at least) to be enjoying herself a lot more.

Laura's Babies
01-18-2010, 09:01 AM
I think she is comfortable in her new role now as mega star and she loves her fans, always acknolaging them and cutting up with them. I think she now has the acceptance she has always needed/wanted in her life...

Hay, Have ya'll see the video of her singing with Elaine Page from her TV special? THAT is awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BTajSk5hAg&feature=related

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 10:21 AM
:) Oh my I will have to tape the show.. I will be at work then.. Yes I bought her CD & its great.. Just Love her too..

pomtzu
01-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Laura - I know that I'll be watching. I bought her CD last week, and still haven't gotten to play it all the way thru yet. :eek: This week for sure.............

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 04:37 PM
:) Yes thanks Laura.. Oh just wait till you listen to the first song on the CD = Wild Horses.. It will bring you to tears.. I have always Loved that song && Susan B. does it Vantastic..
Thanks for the heads-up Laura - I know that I'll be watching. I bought her CD last week, and still haven't gotten to play it all the way thru yet. :eek: This week for sure.............

Laura's Babies
01-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Wild Horses.. It will bring you to tears..

The song "Who I Was Born To Be brings me to tears just about everytime I hear that one. When you think about her life, how this has all happened for her and that a 25 year old wrote that song just for her.

WHO I WAS BORN TO BE

written by AUDRA MAE

When I was a child
I could see the wind in the trees
and I heard a song in the breeze
it was there, singing out my name

But I am not a girl
I have known the taste of defeat
and I have finally grown to belive
it will all came around again

Coro:
And though I may not
know the answers
I can finally say I am free
And if the questions
led me here,then
I am who I was born to be

And so here am I
Open arms and ready to stand
I've got the world in my hands
And it feels like my turn to fly

repit coro
When I was a child
there were flowers that bloomed in the night
Unafraid to take in the light
Unashamed to have braved the dark

repit coro
and ends: I am who I was born to be
I am who I was born to be.

Bonny
01-19-2010, 08:53 AM
For Christmas I received Susan's CD. She is an honest forthright lady. I love her voice & the great songs she sings. :) Long Live & Sing To Us Susan!

pomtzu
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I think Oprah should have had more Susan and less Adam!!! :(

I was sitting here with LES listening to her perform - she just moves me.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble with her accent? I miss so much of what she says when she talks. And why is it that when she (or anyone else with a foreign accent) sings, you can't detect any accent? That has always puzzled me.

Laura's Babies
01-19-2010, 10:57 PM
pomtzu, she effects a lot of people like that. I cried the first 4 times I watched the video of her singing with Elaine Page and saw her sing Who I Was Born To Be, Wild Horses, I Dreamed a Dream, and so on. There is something about her that just moves people, touching them bringing out so much joy that your eyes just leak! LOL!

Yes, a lot of people have trouble understanding her, I have trouble understanding anybody that talks fast and she can talk fast! I think her accent is adoreable though..

Have you heard her sing this one? It was on her Japan I Dream a Dream ablum only... Give Me Wings To Fly is a popular Japanese song that was written back in the Seventies. Japanese fans requested Susan to record the song for the Japanese release of her CD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPmKzqnK6fQ