PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Day, Jan. 16

cassiesmom
01-16-2010, 08:34 PM
The Winter Olympics are coming up in a few weeks! Do you have a favorite winter sport to participate in or watch?

I like to cross-country ski. I wish I had more chances to do it!

I like to watch ice hockey.

sparks19
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
well of course hands down ice hockey is my favorite

but I really enjoy almost ALL of the winter sports. The luge and the bobsled are crazy ones I do love to watch though :D

Alysser
01-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Luging hands down, it's so cool and looks like alot of fun.

Karen
01-16-2010, 10:02 PM
I love all the figure skating events. I don't own a pair of skates now, but loved skating as a kid, when the swamps would freeze, and we'd trudge up the hill to skate! Pond skating beats a rink any day, in my mind, and no, I could never do any of the fancy spins and turns I admire, but I could skate!

Freedom
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Figure skating, the teams, OMGOSH! I just love it.

I watch the luge and bobsled, sometimes between my fingers as I hold my hands over my eyes, lol. :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
01-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Winter sports are my favorite to watch! I love watching all of it from the speed skating to the snowboarding to the bobsled. I wish I could snowboard and I think Ill get the courage to try eventually :p but Im afraid of busting my rump just going down the hill much less jumping and flipping like the pros do!

I saw the Superski (think halfpipe on skis) event on the Dew Tour today. Those guys do some crazy moves!

I also watched the US open figure skating pairs long program today. Talk about amazing too!

Grace
01-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I pretty much enjoy all the events of the Winter Olympics, from ice skating, hockey, ski jumping, cross-country skiing, bobsled, down hill skiing - I even enjoy curling!!

I skated when I was a lot younger - now I'm of an age where I might break a hip if I fell - so let's leave it for the young ones :)

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Figure Skating!

I'm kind of out-of-the-loop because of poor televised coverage, I don't like the new scoring system and all the faces I learned to love the sport with are moving on to other things in their lives. But I watched the Mens and Ladies events of the US Nationals this weekend and really enjoyed it. I have to admit, though, most of the people skating in eligibles now, I don't know a lot of them!

But, I've been following figure skating since the Harding/Kerrigan scandal. This is the first year since 1995 that I won't be seeing a live show...The Stars On Ice show is not coming to Philadelphia this year.:(

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
:) Figure Skating is my favorite for sure..

cassiesmom
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
I watch the luge and bobsled, sometimes between my fingers as I hold my hands over my eyes, lol. :eek:

Same here! Yikes! And the skeleton is worse!

This year I am going to learn about curling. Really, I am. Even though it's sometimes shown on TV in the small hours of the morning.