PDA

View Full Version : What do YOUR cats do while you're sleeping???

moosmom
01-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Mine play kitty soccer with the roll of toilet paper!!! I don't have any batteries for my camera or I would've posted pictures of the carnage. I got up to what looked like someone toilet papering my apartment. Poor roll. Didn't have a chance.

*note to self* Remember to place the roll in the holder after opening.

Medusa
01-14-2010, 07:03 AM
They sleep or munch a little dry food. I think it's b/c we're separated at night except for whomever's turn it is to sleep w/me. The rest of them are downstairs and it's a quiet night.

aTailOf2Kitties
01-14-2010, 07:12 AM
mine do the spaztic kitty thing for about 20 minutes then settle in for the night.

I usually wake up with both of them on the bed.

Laura's Babies
01-14-2010, 08:06 AM
I can count on Samantha and Boo to always be in bed with me. Sometimes Amy joins us, other times Amy sleeps in her other favorite spots. Giz, the one that use to play all night now sleeps on her perch all night. Nightly noises have quieted down a lot since they all have matured.

Freedom
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Tommy, Bobby and Sparkle end up snuggled next to me at different times during the night.

Tommy routinely wakes me up for petting. :rolleyes:

Usually there is at least one stampede per night through the rest of the house.

Three or 4 times per week, Tommy taunts Mandy into a fight which wakes the entire household. I have to grab the water bottle, as Mandy now has learned I will stand up for her. She races in my bedroom and flies across the bed, Tommy in pursuit. I squirt him and it is all over.

I've seen him do this during the day. Many (like my Marlin!) has her own ideas of personal space. Tommy will invade her space and then sit and groom. She starts to growl and hiss. Tommy, all innocence as he is grooming, moves about and moves closer to her. She arches her back and hisses LOUDLY! He attempts to swat at her; she darts off, and the chase is on! KIDS! ;)

lvpets2002
01-14-2010, 09:12 AM
:D Too Funny.. Its more like what are my kitties Not doing when I am asleep.. Most of mine sleep with me.. Butttt there is some that have to wreck the house at night..

Taz_Zoee
01-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Paizly either is asleep on my side or between Bruce's legs down by his ankles. I do not notice her playing too much during the night. UNLESS she has one of her spiral/springy toys, then she'll bring that up on the bed and want us to throw it for her. That's when I take the toy away, or toss it down the hall then close the bedroom door.

catmandu
01-14-2010, 09:40 AM
The Older Cats of course are sleeping, now all in their Radio Red Flyer Wagon.
:love::love:
The Kitten Trio runs about sometimes like the now going on Middle Age Crazy Lunatics they still can be.
:cool::cool:

gini
01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Although they rarely wake me up - the evidence is clear in the morning because they have pulled their toys out of the toy cart and spread them around the living room.

GILL
01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Mits has to put me to bed, tucks in my arm pit. Bart is snuggled right behind Mits against me with Penny right behind Bart and Lenny along side Penny on my wifes side. At this point I have to be laying on my side or Mits realt ticked. On my other side (back) I have lucky near my feet and Lilybetween Lucky and my rear.
My wife has Peak wraped around her head with Roz under her chin. Chessie is across her legs and some times Princess lays between Chessie and I.
Once Mits thinks I'm in for the night, he has to do his house check. Sweety & Boots are sleeping on the cat couch in the front room Bailey on on my chair in the TV room and prcious and Dobe are sleeping on my wifes TV chair. Egypt likes to sleep were the bed covers hit the floor, even better if he can get some to lay on. Olive sleeps in the top cubby of the cat tree that I made.
At 5:00 the alarm goes off (Lenny) he will stand on my wife make bread and yell like someone is killing him.

katladyd
01-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Mac sleeps on my chest. Every night. He's there on my chest every night keeping me from moving. Ming (over 20 lbs.!) lies on my legs. Every night. When they're not doing this, I don't know and I don't wanna know. They haven't killed anything yet, or each other, so I don't snoop.:D

happylabs
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I think mine sleep and/or munch their dry food throughout the night. Sometimes they come into my room for a nap with me.

I have to tell you about my brother's cat Max. Max spends the night trying to open cupboard doors and also those folding doors. My brother said he will wake up and hear the tap-tap-tap of the cupboard door. He has found Max inside the cupboards on occasion. There is nothing that he really wants in the cupboard, he is just bored I guess. I keep telling my brother he needs to get Max a brother or a sister. He says no, he is a one cat kind of a guy.

Catlady711
01-14-2010, 02:57 PM
When I head for the bedroom the cats race to see who can get on the bed and on my pillow first. Then I have to try and get my jammies on without stepping on any stragglers. I have to move at least 2 cats to get in bed, then move whoever managed to get the pillow first. The minute I start snuggling in and getting the covers arranged I have 3 cats all trying to get under my covers at the same time (they won't share so it's first come first serve). Then the stragglers will either do laps back and forth across my pillow, finally settling down with a tail or rear in my face, and the remaining cats lay so they're half on me, effectively pinning me in my blankets.

Let me tell you, getting up in a hurry is an impossible feat! LOL:D

Donnaj4962
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Most nights I crawl into bed and within a minute or two, Tabby follows. She crawls under the blankets, but only for a few seconds. She re-positions, and settles in with my arm around her! Funny, it always takes 2 tries! Sasha usually sleeps on the chair in the living room, but sometimes she sleeps between my legs. Now what do they do while I sleep??? Well, I know they both eat. And... if Tabby thinks she needs some better food or Sasha thinks she needs the kitchen faucet turned on, they both have learned to run their paws down the blinds on one of the windows! They know that wakes Meowmie up in a hurry and they can get whatever they want! BUT MY CATS AREN'T SPOILED! :rolleyes:;):love:

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-14-2010, 05:10 PM
My four girls pretty much sleep at night.

My Kit is an almost constant and all night companion with me in bed. Most nights, Piper is with us. Molly is in & out of the bed with me...sometimes sleeping on top of me. Philly pretty much sleeps curled up downstairs somewhere.

cassiesmom
01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Sleep with me ... munch on kibbles ... look out the window at the night ... sleep in her spot on the love seat ... wake me up at 3 AM for a pre-breakfast of wet food ... go back to the love seat ... wake me up to turn around and sleep with my feet against the headboard so she can snuggle with me in "her" spot.

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Pearl and Sky usually sleep on their cat beds which are on my bed or at the foot of my bed. Sunny will do his nightly howling for a while and then he'll finally settle down. He just wants to play and I'll find mice lined up where ever he's been. He'll then sleep in the living room or dining room area.

Storm will usually sleep in the living room or dining room but will end up at the foot of my bed in the morning. Ziggy will either sleep in her cat condo which is in my bedroom or out in the living room or dining room. They don't eat at night because I don't leave food out. They can drink though and play with any of their toys. I have to leave my door ajar with a door stopper or else I'd have cats meowing or clawing at my bedroom door all night. Some nights they'll play chase or have a cat party and other nights they'll all sleep soundly.

Pinot's Mom
01-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Most nights (MOST) we go up, Pinot waits a bit, then brings mousie up with her (making that special noise) and curls up behind my knees. Every once in a while, if she falls asleep on one of her downstairs beds, we'll hear her: 1) playing with mousie on the stair chair slide, 2) trying to get into the cabinet which USED TO house her treats, 3) trying to get into her food cabinet, which has child locks on it (we do not leave food out, much to her chagrin), 4) playing with the little rubber ducks in the bathtub, or 5) messing with toilet paper in our bathroom.

We will be going away for several days; she'll treat us to all of that when we get back to show her displeasure, then we'll get back to the normal routine.:)