PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this???

moosmom
01-14-2010, 05:35 AM
I've noticed that everytime I *ahem* go into the bathroom to make a poo, Loo Loo comes RUNNING from the other end of the apartment to keep me company. She doesn't do it any other time, mind you. Only when I'm on the potty doing #2. Weird, eh?

Medusa
01-14-2010, 07:04 AM
My RB Peeka did that, too, and not just w/me! LOL When she lived w/my son for a while he told me that she did that and I laughed but when she came back to live w/me, she did it then, too. I don't know about these crazy felines.....:p

aTailOf2Kitties
01-14-2010, 07:14 AM
my cats wander in and out no matter what "job" I'm doing, but Toby likes to hang out when my boyfriend is "dropping a deuce"

Laura's Babies
01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Maybe they like your "scent"? LOL! This is FUNNY! There are times that Amy comes in and wants to get in my lap while I am sitting there... :rolleyes: Now she and Samantha always come in and keep me company while I am in the tub taking a bath, every single time.

moosmom
01-14-2010, 08:54 AM
MooShoo LOVES to keep me company, sitting in my lap, while I'm on the potty too. But he also doesn't come screaming from the far end of my apartment.

lvpets2002
01-14-2010, 09:03 AM
:D Too Funny.. Well I would say she is just trying to teach you right way of doing things.. My babies always have to follow me into the bathroom..

Pinot's Mom
01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Maybe she thinks you locked yourself in the bathroom and she wants to help! :)

Taz_Zoee
01-14-2010, 09:32 AM
LOL, the things we discuss here on Pet Talk. I can just imagine a newbie reading this thread.
All of the animals join me in the bathroom no matter what I'm doing. I used to get out of the shower to find all four of them in there with me (when my Tazmoe was still with me).

catmandu
01-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Moose the Magnfi Cat :love::love:was always doing that, I have the feeling that he knew his Temptations were hidden in the cabinet and he would paw at the door until he got some.:cool::cool:
I miss My Mooseroo the MagnfiCat So Much!:love::love:

GILL
01-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Welcome to my world. if I head for the bath room Lucky has got too be there, then lenny comes in. The vanity is close to the tolit so I get head butts while I'm sitting. Years ago my mother was visting and had to go she got a suprise when Missy jump on to her lap.

RICHARD
01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
MM,

Are you "burying" after you are done?:eek::confused:;)

OML,
That is true, the things we discuss!

lvpets2002
01-14-2010, 12:00 PM
:p No No Richard.. However I will admit mine like to put their paws up on the seat & watch the toilet flush with the #2s rolling to the end.. :D My goodness Donna just look at what you started with this Thread == True Confessionsss..
MM,

Are you "burying" after you are done?:eek::confused:;)

OML,
That is true, the things we discuss!

gini
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Well as long as we are "sharing":D - I will confess that Rascal always comes into the bathroom with me. My panties are around my knees and he likes to try to crawl into them? Annie likes to join us too and Rascal doesn't like that. Emma never joins us - guess she is too much of a lady.

lvpets2002
01-14-2010, 12:07 PM
:p Too Funny.. Now mine wont do that in the bathroom.. However I have a couple that rolls & plays with my panties on the bed in the morning when my cloths are layed out for me to get dressed for work.. In fact I have had to leave the babies with the panty & get another pair out of the dresser..:D
Well as long as we are "sharing":D - I will confess that Rascal always comes into the bathroom with me. My panties are around my knees and he likes to try to crawl into them? Annie likes to join us too and Rascal doesn't like that. Emma never joins us - guess she is too much of a lady.

GILL
01-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Several of ours liked to sit in the under ware when your on the toilet. They since grown out of that, most of the time now. But if you leave any thing on the bed, it becomes theirs.

lvpets2002
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
:) Thats for sure.. Infact I have had to get a diff outfit out of the closet just to get dressed for work.. If a outfit is on the bed & one is asleep on it & then its theirs until they dont want it anylonger..
But if you leave any thing on the bed, it becomes theirs.

Taz_Zoee
01-14-2010, 12:17 PM
OMG, I am rolling in laughter here!!! This is hilarious!!!! :D :D

katladyd
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
My two are devious. Mac "keeps me company" while I'm a sittin' and then, Ming will rush in and Mac leave when it is flushing time. Ming is fascinated by a flushing toilet!:D

smokey the elder
01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I always have an audience! Especially in the morning. My cats seem to know the difference between getting up in the middle of the night (no food imminent) and in the morning (yummies will appear soon!)

happylabs
01-14-2010, 02:46 PM
LOL!!!!! This topic gave me the laugh I needed at the end of my work day. My cats also randomly come in to visit when I am in the bathroom. I guess they figure if I am sitting there for any length of time I may as well be doing something like giving them an ear scratch.

Buddy likes to roll in my underwear but only after they have been worn! I cannot believe I am divulging this kind of private information. I have to make sure everything goes into the hamper or into the washer.
He :love: me. :)

Catlady711
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Mine always come in the bathroom with me. I can never go potty without at least 2-3 'supervisors' to make sure I flush properly. LOL:D Bear & Sabrina help me shower, Sassy helps me brush my hair, and any of the are likely to help me brush my teeth. ;)

In response to the OP's orignal topic, I figure your kitty comes in when you're going #2 because you're staying in one place longer and more likely to either provide a lap for a bit, or a bit more petting time perhaps? Dunno for sure on that one.

phesina
01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I wrote here a couple of weeks ago about about how my CH boy Bob has become a love bug recently.. He has me pick him up and put him on my lap when I'm sitting on the couch reading or at the table working on the computer. Then, when I have get up for some reason and put him down in his own bed, he gets mad! He makes his little peeping sounds and grabs at me to keep hold of me.

Well, a few days ago he came into the bathroom while I was sitting on the toilet and wanted me to put him on my lap. I picked him up and held him while I finished up. Then stood up with him to put him back in his bed, and he got mad.. like, "Hey I just got comfortable!"

Freedom
01-14-2010, 04:08 PM
LOL, the things we discuss here on Pet Talk. I can just imagine a newbie reading this thread.

LOL! Great thread, Donna, bet you had NO idea, huh? :D

Queen of Poop
01-14-2010, 04:23 PM
So Miss Cali has to come sit in the doorway and observe me, either that or she comes and stands between the toilet and the tub. Mr Diego gets up on the side of the tub, sits down and stares at me. When I stand up he takes a gander in the toilet, I usually say "stinks hey??" and flush. When the flush goes he runs for the hills. :D

pomtzu
01-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I'll have you all know that cats don't have a monopoly on this little quirk.

Myndi is my bathroom buddy - no matter what the reason I'm in there. If I'm sitting and "thinking" - then she has to come in and put her front paws up on my thighs until I'm ready to get up. If I'm in the shower - she has to wait to make sure that I make it out okay. If I'm fixing my hair or brushing my teeth - she's right there with me until I finish.

Sparky - he could care less and just continues on with his Power Naps.

carole
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Hmm my hubby would say TOO much information Donna, lol.:D

3Catcondo
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Owen is always on my lap when I am in the bathroom, no matter what I'm doing, and when I get out of the shower he's usually nesting on the toilet seat waiting for me to love him. I like having him as company when I'm not feeling well in there. Willow gets in the shower before I do in the morning, stretches out and then flips out when I turn the water on to get in.

cassiesmom
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Cassie has a rule that she may never be on the outside of a closed bathroom door. She must be in there to help any human who might need to shower or ... use the facilities. I'm with catlady711 and happylabs in that she seems to be aware that the user's hands are free to pet her at that moment. When I am drying my hair, though - she's outta there.

moosmom
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
What did I start???:eek::p

Laura's Babies
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
That is what I love about PT! You start a simple innocent thread (like this one :rolleyes:) and there is NO telling what direction it will go in!

There was a picture circulating around on the internet some time ago of someone sitting on a toilet and their pants down around their ankles and a cat was curled up sleeping in those pants. This would be a perfect time to produce it again if anyone has it!

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Our Molly loves to join us in the human potty room. Doesn't matter which we're doing...of course, the DH only sits when it's #2. She head butts us and purrs, flops on the little rug and shows belly...we call her our "Potty Party Girl", LOL!

In the past, we had one cat that used to love to run in to watch the water flush down the toilet!
Our Jack Russell used to come in and put her tennis ball in our underwear as it was down at our ankles!
Never a dull day with pets in the house!

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Pearl is my always bathroom buddy and sometimes Sky will also be there. Sunny tries to come in sometimes but it's usually too crowded for his liking. Storm will sometimes come in and now even Ziggy has started coming in. Pearl will jump in my lap but I tell her no and put her back down. She's accidently scratched me a few times. When I take a shower Pearl will come in during the shower or when she hears me turn it off. She'll then be waiting for me on the toilet and she's just so excited to see me. She wants to put her paws on me but I tell her "no I'm naked." Pearl thinks that my bedroom and bathroom are her territory.

Prairie Purrs
01-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Angel's littermate Riley would charge into the bathroom and fly into my lap whenever I was seated on the porcelain throne. On one occasion, I lifted the lid, and, before I could sit down, Riley ran into the bathroom and jumped into the toilet. Hysterical human laughter and feline consternation ensued.

Riley was adopted by a good friend of mine, who loves him either in spite of or because of the fact that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :D

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-15-2010, 10:03 AM
PrairiePurrs, be glad you weren't in process of cleaning the toilet when some kitty decided to take a swim!
When my Molly and Kit were still pretty young, one after the other they came in and dove right into the toilet bowl as I was cleaning.
Obviously, my concern was to get each one of them and attempt to rinse them off to get the cleaning stuff off of them. Thankfully I use the more safer-for-the-environment kinds of cleaners and only their feet/legs actually went into the toilet bowl.

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2010, 11:42 AM
That is what I love about PT! You start a simple innocent thread (like this one :rolleyes:) and there is NO telling what direction it will go in!

There was a picture circulating around on the internet some time ago of someone sitting on a toilet and their pants down around their ankles and a cat was curled up sleeping in those pants. This would be a perfect time to produce it again if anyone has it!

Here you go Laura and I also added another funny picture of a cat in a toilet.:)

Pinot's Mom
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
This thread has really gotten hysterical since I last visited - shame on me for not keeping up! :D

Since we've added other aspects: Showering-Pinot will sit on the mat outside the glass shower and try to get the drops. She will stand on her hind feet and motor her front paws (just like cool4catz2's avatar) like she's digging, then she'll try to lick the drops from the wrong side! Too funny.:)

As far as flushing - she BOLTS - she hates it when that thing does that! :)

lvpets2002
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
:p I almost forgot to mention My boss's cat Bullet that I babysit Loves to sleep in their Bidet..

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-15-2010, 01:00 PM
lvpets2002, your response about a cat sleeping in a bidet reminded me of the time my husband and I toured some fancy houses in a vacation town by the coast here in NJ. He saw a bidet for the first time and had no idea what it was, in front of two fancy looking older ladies he said "what do you do with that, wash your hair in it?" Those ladies got to giggling. I had to walk out of the room to compose myself then pull him aside and explain a bidet to him!\

Before our downstairs shower became unusable, my Philly used to get up on the wide window sill of the bathroom window and put her front paws on the top of the shower door frame and peer over into the shower to look at me showering!

RICHARD
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
When I stand up he takes a gander in the toilet, I usually say "stinks hey??" and flush. When the flush goes he runs for the hills. :D

You are, after all, the Queen of Poop?:confused:;)

Don Juan's mom
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I have one of the litterboxes in the bathroom between the sink and toilet. Don Juan will often join me to do his "business" when I'm doing mine. Or, sometimes, he stands on my lap. :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
OMEGOSH!!:D This thread is hysterical!!

...um yes, I almost always have a potty pal with me...

Laura's Babies
01-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Well, look what the cats drug up!

OMEGOSH!! This thread is hysterical!!

And obviously what it takes to smoke you out and get you to posting again? HI DEBBIE! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/2.gif

KAK! THAT'S the picture I was talking about, that first one! YAAAAAA! That one was SO called for in this thread...

katladyd
01-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Have you ever tried to "take care of business" when there is a cat on your lap, making biscuits?:D

blue
01-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Thats Erp's favorite time for lap time.

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
:D Thats a Good One == Hubby thought a Bidet was to was your hair in.. :p Well he was almost right.. :eek: Just the wrong end..
lvpets2002, your response about a cat sleeping in a bidet reminded me of the time my husband and I toured some fancy houses in a vacation town by the coast here in NJ. He saw a bidet for the first time and had no idea what it was, in front of two fancy looking older ladies he said "what do you do with that, wash your hair in it?" Those ladies got to giggling. I had to walk out of the room to compose myself then pull him aside and explain a bidet to him!\

Before our downstairs shower became unusable, my Philly used to get up on the wide window sill of the bathroom window and put her front paws on the top of the shower door frame and peer over into the shower to look at me showering!

Queen of Poop
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
You are, after all, the Queen of Poop?:confused:;)

And my IBS ensures that remains true!!! Nasty.:eek:

Momto4FemaleFelines
01-18-2010, 10:40 AM
lvpets2002,

DH knows better now, LOL!

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't do American IDol, so I didn't know what the song, "Pants on the Ground"
was all about.

So?

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.
Pants on the ground and the cat comes around.

Doing my business, losing a few pounds
Sitting on the can, With my pants on the ground!

I've got a few minutes, Of quiet, with no sounds.
Here comes the cat, while my pants are on the ground.

The cat comes to visit, I've got my business on my mind.
A cat sitting in my pants, is just what I find,

With my pants on the ground....

Anikaca77
01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
My husband showed me that video this past Friday. Crazy.

was all about.

So?

RICHARD
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I almost spit my soup all over myself.

I do not now why it came to me at that moment.....:eek:

I hope I do not offend but......

If you happened to pull up your pants with the cat still sitting there, would it create a conflict of interest?:eek::rolleyes::)

Anikaca77
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok figured I'd better say something here. Well it doesn't really surprise me that Loo Loo does this because we kept her in the bathroom at our place and we would hold her while we were doing our business.

So maybe that's where she's getting it from. Does she still love her bunny?

Before we separated Ashley and some of the cats, we used to have a bunch in our bathroom with us at each time, I guess they thought it was fun because we were going to another part of the apartment or something.

But now it's usually Ashley will join me or my husband, Athena usually too, Hermes has to go in with my husband, sometimes if we leave the door open, I will get Ozzy to come in and see me, sometimes Sophia if she's in the room, Claudia will usually come to see me. As for the shower, Athena has been the one who keeps me company. Hermes loves it when you get out of the shower and hold him with your towel on, I think he knows we are clean then and he loves it.

Oh and as for the toliet we have to keep the lid down or Ashley will drink out of it.

lvpets2002
01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
:D Oh yes Donna now come read of what you have started.. We have Richard on the Thread now singing Cats in Pants on the Ground..:p

moosmom
01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
I saw that video and was on the ground laughing my A$$ off!!! I also have to keep the lid down in the bathroom. MooShoo falls in if I don't.

LooLoo and Bun-Bun had a relationship going. But since she was introduced to Bad A$$ Buddy, unfortunately, Bun-Bun is alone. If you have another foster that might like Bun-Bun, I'll be happy to send him to you.

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2010, 01:01 AM
was all about.

So?

Great version Richard.:)

I almost spit my soup all over myself.

I do not now why it came to me at that moment.....:eek:

I hope I do not offend but......

If you happened to pull up your pants with the cat still sitting there, would it create a conflict of interest?:eek::rolleyes::)
Yes, I think it would be a very uncomfortable conflict of interest.;)

I wanted to add that I also have to keep my toilet seats down or my cats,Sunny and Pearl, will try to play in them. They might also try to drink from them. I basically have to baby proof my condo. My cats are like living with toddlers for the rest of your life.;)

Taz_Zoee
01-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I have to bump this thread and add a picture to the "pants on the ground" song by RICHARD.

I know it's not a cat, but it still made me laugh and think of this thread. :D

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/untitled-1.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I have to bump this thread and add a picture to the "pants on the ground" song by RICHARD.

I know it's not a cat, but it still made me laugh and think of this thread. :D

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/untitled-1.jpg
How adorable and funny.:D

Anikaca77
01-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I saw that video and was on the ground laughing my A$$ off!!! I also have to keep the lid down in the bathroom. MooShoo falls in if I don't.

LooLoo and Bun-Bun had a relationship going. But since she was introduced to Bad A$$ Buddy, unfortunately, Bun-Bun is alone. If you have another foster that might like Bun-Bun, I'll be happy to send him to you.

Nah, Bun-Bun can stick around for LooLoo's visit's to the vets maybe or something else :)

Thanks!

Melissa

carole
01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Ah i had no idea what on earth Richard was talking about until i saw American Idol last week,gee i love that programme, it is hilarious,:) i am so going to miss Simon next season though, just won't ever be the same again.:(

Laura's Babies
01-26-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.donkeyts.com/design/680%20Pants%20on%20the%20Ground?rcc=savemoney

They got the T-shirts now!!!

(see what I mean about different directions threads take? LOVE it!)