PDA

View Full Version : My Melissa passed her exams....

carole
01-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Melissa got her results today online, and she was so happy, as she planned on passing this year with a merit and she did, she now has University Entrance, and will get in to all her classes next year that she wants, she will be doing her last year at high school and hoping to get a scholarship this year.

In her English she got an excellence and only 4 per cent of the whole of NZ did that, so that was a really good result, English and Biology and Media studies appear to be her best subjects, but she fairs reasonably well in maths as well

Melissa plans to pursue a career in animation, gaming field and will begin studies for that in 2011 hopefully if all goes to plan,teaching is still a possibility,but not her dream career whereas animation is.

She has worked really hard and I am of course proud of her efforts.

Catty1
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Congratulations, Melissa! With a merit, yet. :D

Carole, you and your husband did a great job! The fact that she was raised in a cat household helped too, I am sure.:love:;)

carole
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the kind words candace, but i really have to give all the credit to Melissa, she motivated herself with our encouragement of course, but she did it all by herself,when she makes her mind up about something there is no changing it believe me, good in most aspects, but has it's downside sometimes lol.:)

caseysmom
01-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Congratulations Melissa! My youngest is in her last year of high school also. Some of the terminology is different but my daughter is having her finals this week. She is waiting to hear from the 8 different colleges she applied to.

carole
01-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I hope your daughter gets the results she is aiming for and also gets into the college she wants, University is our equivalent to college over there i think, Melissa won't be doing that until 2011, or she maybe going to a private training school, as what she wants to do is not alway's available at our university, pity as the university is just down the road from where we live, a short walking distance.

phesina
01-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Congratulations, Melissa! Well done!