PDA

View Full Version : Wish me Luck!!

DJFyrewolf36
01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I have decided after much soul searching that I need a second vehicle. The Pill is wonderful, and I want to fix her but I simply can't if I need to drive her back and forth to work. I've found some good options but I need to find a place that will let me make payments.

I have my eye on a truck thats fairly inexpensive...I just need financing!

Catty1
01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Good luck!

Maybe you can sell the Pill to one of your mechanics? Won't cost them much at all to fix it up, and it might be a bit of cash to help if you get to make payments on the truck.:)

DJFyrewolf36
01-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Good luck!

Maybe you can sell the Pill to one of your mechanics? Won't cost them much at all to fix it up, and it might be a bit of cash to help if you get to make payments on the truck.:)

LOL I would but the thought of having her go to someone else makes me cringe. Im going to store her and turn her into a project...The engine and the transmission run beautifully and if I can find a body with a blown motor for fairly cheap Im just going to transfer the "guts" and restore them at the same time.

If I had a Ford diagnostic plug I would be my own mechanic (well with Johns help lol). Restoring her isn't too big of a thing but I don't want to have to bike in the cruddy winter weather while she is down. Plus a truck will enable me to tow her wherever I need :D My ultamate goal is to have the Pill around in some capacity when Nick turns 16 so he can drive her at least once (no gurentees that it will be legal on the street by then though lol :D)

DJFyrewolf36
01-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Well I filled out the paperwork and talked to my dad...he said that since the truck Im looking at is so cheap ($2700) that I could qualify with very little to no down payment! My goal and projected budget has me paying this off in less than 4 months and my credit will be greatly imporoved.

I talk to the finance people tomorrow. *sighs* I really could use another vehicle and this will be the first car that I have ever financed on my own so it makes it even more special.

Your thoughts are appriciated! :D

Karen
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
We'll keep you in our prayers.

Casper
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I know how you feel about not wanting to part with a particular vehicle.
I am the exact same way about my jeep. :)

Good luck!

Marigold2
01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
I love my car, good luck to you.

DJFyrewolf36
01-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks guys! I almost feel bad praying for a car because I can function without one albeit with a lot of difficulty. With so many people in worse situations my concerns seem silly in comparison.