PDA

View Full Version : A You Tube video joking about cat abuse

Medusa
01-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I received this email today and thought I would post it here. I am going to write to You Tube, Google and this so-called comedian. This is shameful.

Hi,

Ed Bassmaster is a popular YouTube comedian with thousands of subscribers, many of whom are likely young kids. Yesterday he posted this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR0URUyxZfQ called Straight Outta Compton in which the main character makes many references to kicking his cat obviously hard enough to make the cat scream. While this may seem funny to some, the thought that a popular comedian would even speak of such a cruel thing in front of a large audience of minors shows a complete disregard to what effect his videos may have on impressionable young minds. One has only to read a small selection of the video comments to see that many people still think the concept of kicking a cat is hilariously funny.

I'm asking all my friends to contact YouTube and ask that this video be removed and the performer sanctioned in some way. When I contacted Ed with my concerns, his only comment back to me was, "Get a life."

Things you can do include "Flagging" the video as inappropriate. Among the subset of reasons you may want to consider is 'violent or repulsive content' which leads to the selection 'animal abuse'. You may also want to contact Ed Bassmaster personally and share your concerns with him. Also, since he earns money from YouTube for his content you may want to consider contacting Google (which owns YouTube) with your concerns.

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-253-0000
Fax: +1 650-253-0001

You may also want to leave a comment on YouTube's Official Blog about the video in question as well.

Thanks,

FloridaCatGirl & Feral Cat News

Laura's Babies
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
It loads but will not play for me.. I checked other video's there and they play but this one won't. Will try again tomorrow.

blue
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Same here, it loads but doesnt play.

Medusa
01-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Try it now. I just tried it again and it worked for me. :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR0URUyxZfQ

aTailOf2Kitties
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
These complaints are probably the best thing to ever happen to this guy. Now everybody is clicking on it just to watch it and complain, and he's raking in the video hits.

Medusa
01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
The point is to write You Tube and Google and complain about him. Can't very well complain if we don't know what the video is about.