PDA

View Full Version : Californians

Karen
01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Did you feel the quake, or were you affected by it? I was surprised I didn't hear about it on Pet Talk first!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes! I heard we had 3 this last week? I only felt the one Thursday morning, it woke me up at about 10 something. But then I heard people talking about two more!
I keep saying that we can have as many very small ones as needed, but absolutely NO 'big ones'!:eek:

lizbud
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I read that it was a 6.5 quake. That's way big enough to feel if it was
in your town.:eek: I hope everyone is ok.

RICHARD
01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Lucy Jones from Caltech did a press conference today and aid that the quake was caused by the people living back east.

Karen
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Lucy Jones from Caltech did a press conference today and aid that the quake was caused by the people living back east.

Like anything we did could cause a quake there!

RICHARD
01-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Like anything we did could cause a quake there!

She said you all are shaking so bad because of the weather that the crust of the earth vibrates and causes earthquakes!:confused::eek::(;)

-----------

I have to apologize for the post.
The weather has been sinfully good here on the west coast and everytime I see the reports from back east I am so guilty that it's not funny.

Really.:(

The EQ was way up the coast and the El Lay basin probably didn't even flinch.:eek:

caseysmom
01-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Took my daughter snowboarding, this is the first I heard about it...of course I get my news from pettalk!

Taz_Zoee
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
I was at work Thursday morning and was talking to a co-worker when that one hit. After she left my desk I heard people asking if anyone felt that. I had no clue what they were talking about. Then the co-worker that was at my desk came back and said "I guess it wasn't my fat a$$ that bumped your cubicle, it was an earthquake". She thought she bumped the wall of the cubicle. I didn't even notice anything at all.
I didn't feel the one on Friday either. Saw someone post about it on Facebook. Then the big one yesterday was too far away from us.

caseysmom
01-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh I thought you meant there was another one today. We usually never feel earthquakes where i'm at...luckily.

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2010, 01:14 AM
I never felt a thing.:) I was still on vacation so I was sleeping on Thurs. when that one hit. It wasn't enough to wake me up though. My roommate told me about it later. I never knew about the one on Fri. and I heard another one was in San Franciso but I'm about 1 hour away from there. Hopefully this doesn't mean that we'll be getting another large earthquake again.

*LabLoverKEB*
01-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Hopefully this doesn't mean that we'll be getting another large earthquake again.

My exact thought.... I'm not a fan of earthquakes. I really don't want a 'big one'!:eek: