PDA

View Full Version : If you get a chance to see..

moosmom
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I went to see "It's complicated" today and it was a RIOT!!!! It is a MUST SEE!!! I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

Karen
01-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I'll make a note, and see it when it comes to Redbox! :) Thanks, the only preview I saw for it just didn't seem that funny.

caseysmom
01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
There are two thumbs down for this in the movie thread, like Karen said I will rent this one. I do have 3 movie tickets burning a hole in my pocket from christmas, I am thinking about the pretty bones movie.

Logan
01-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh, I liked it very much, too, Donna. My daughter and I went. Although some of it was sad, it was overall very cute and we enjoyed it very much. As someone who doesn't go to the movies very much, I did not regret spending the money seeing this one.

moosmom
01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
How could they not laugh at it. To each his own, I guess. They either fell asleep or walked to the wrong movie, cuz the one I went to had me rolling on the floor laughing till I cried.

Karen
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
There are two thumbs down for this in the movie thread, like Karen said I will rent this one. I do have 3 movie tickets burning a hole in my pocket from christmas, I am thinking about the pretty bones movie.

Oh, I love the book for The Lovely Bones, and the movie has gotten quite mixed reviews, so will wait to see it on cable or dvd. I'd recommend Avatar if those tickets are burning a hole in your pocket, it was amazingly cool! And I don't think the 3d is necessary, it was okay, but didn't drastically affect the movie for me, so it'd be okay to see it without the 3d.

caseysmom
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Don't get me wrong Donna I do want to see it but for theater prices it better knock me off my feet!

Karen I'm not sure if I will like avatar, although that is just the type of movie better seen on the big screen. I didn't get into lord of the rings or harry potter so I wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea.

Alysser
01-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I want to see "It's complicated", I think I will wait for it to come on TV though, I have been going to see alot of movies lately. :o I saw Avatar while I was in Providence, I LOVED it. I am a Sci-Fi junkie, so that's no surprise. Modern sci-fi disappoints me alot, but this was an exception for sure. Not to mention, the art was fabulous. I didn't think it was what everyone made it out to be, but it was a a very well-done movie - it sure makes you hate the human race for awhile though. :o

Lovely Bones looks, well, creepy - but also very interesting. I am not into "horror" or serial killer movies, but I don't know if you'd be able to consider it that. Not to mention the killer looks identical to my neighbor, and every time I see him outside now I run for dear life...but that's just me :D

Karen
01-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Karen I'm not sure if I will like avatar, although that is just the type of movie better seen on the big screen. I didn't get into lord of the rings or harry potter so I wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea.

It's more like "Dances with Wolves" or "Alien" from the opposite viewpoint, and no horror ... it's not at all like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, really.

gini
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I am going to see "It's Complicated" this afternoon and I am looking forward to it.

As a side note, my client's daughter is in the film "Lovely Bones". She is the angel in heaven that greets and befriends the girl who is killed.

She was flown to New Zealand twice for the filming. She is 21 and I get to prepare her information for her tax return. It isn't as bad as getting a grocery bag filled with receipts - but it is close:D

moosmom
01-10-2010, 11:39 AM
The movies in CT are $8 before 6 pm. The popcorn, which I salivate over, was so good. All that butter and salt, I can hear my arteries harden as we speak!!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
We went and saw it in theater last Sunday. It was good, but not the best I've ever seen. There were some good funny parts, though!;)

Gini- wow! How awesome is that!! What a neat experience for her!
I do want to see Lovely Bones, I believe it comes out this Friday in theaters. I never got a chance to read the book, we were supposed to read it my senior year of high school, but it never happened. Oh well, hopefully the movie is great!

Grace
01-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm going to see It's Complicated on Tuesday with a few friends. Tuesday is Senior Day at our local theater - $4.25/ticket.

I've seen 4 movies in the past few months, and The Blindside was hands down the best. The others were Nine, Did You Hear About the Morgans, and Up In The Air.

3Catcondo
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Donna,
I saw It's Complicated the week after Christmas and I loved it. It was so funny...Never a dull moment in it, we were all laughing and really enjoyed it.

I'm not sure about seeing Avatar, I've heard good things about it, but I'm not sure I can sit still for 2 1/2 hours to watch it...

Karen
01-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure about seeing Avatar, I've heard good things about it, but I'm not sure I can sit still for 2 1/2 hours to watch it...

I promise, it doesn't feel like that long when you're in the midst of the movie. I didn't even fidget, and it is one of those that I think benefits from the large screen and better sounds system a movie theater has. And I, personally cannot even do "stereo" hearing, only have one functional ear!

CountryWolf07
01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
My mom saw it, and she really liked it. I am going to wait for it to come out on DVD then I will rent it. :)

Grace
01-12-2010, 03:51 PM
We went and saw it in theater last Sunday. It was good, but not the best I've ever seen. There were some good funny parts, though!;)

Just got home from seeing It's Complicated. I agree with Kaitlyn. The funniest scenes were those at the party.

moosmom
01-13-2010, 04:45 AM
And I, personally cannot even do "stereo" hearing, only have one functional ear!

Karen,

Me too!!! The hearing in my right ear is shot thanks to some kind of "unidentified inflammation". The only way I can describe the hearing in my right ear is it sounds like a "blown speaker".