PDA

View Full Version : Stacks, the library cat.

Prairie Purrs
01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
A kitty from a town near mine is famous! She's featured in a Cat Fancy article about library cats. The Cat Fancy article isn't available online, but here's a newspaper article about the kitty, whose name is "Stacks":

Litchfield's library cat gets national mention. (http://www.sj-r.com/carousel/x1672000714/Litchfields-library-cat-gets-national-mention)

It's unfortunate that they had her declawed. Declawing is (sadly) very common in this area.

Stacks sounds like a real sweetheart. I may have to go visit the library and take pictures. :D

moosmom
01-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Sounds like their furniture is far more important than than the poor cat's claws.

Taz_Zoee
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
I hope they put a note on that one computer - Do not use this computer if you are allergic to cats.
:p

Prairie Purrs
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I hope they put a note on that one computer - Do not use this computer if you are allergic to cats.
:p

It's a really small town. I'm guessing that everyone who uses the library knows which computer belongs to Stacks. :D

catmandu
01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
It may be a case of liability as well.
All a brat or an idiot would have to do is claim that Stacks scratched him, and a lawyer would come from behind a tree, or from under a rock, and there would be a lawsuit.
Thats the reason that the Hamilton Library wont have ats, theres too many people who would cause problems.
Its a shame as a Library would make a Great Home foe a Homeless Cat or Dog.:(:(:(

jennielynn1970
01-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Very cool!! I wish I could have one of my guys as a library cat where I teach. The kids would love it, but there would be a few parents who would complain because of allergies.

There is a REALLY cute video called "PUSS IN BOOKS" about library cats through out history.

orangemm
01-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Jeff and I would love it if our library had a resident cat. However, a few years ago when we moved here, there were 2 parakeets that lived in the library, cared for by the personnel. We would always go back and visit them in their secluded nook because they were so cheerful and chirpy.

Wouldn't you know that some old fogey complained about them and they had to be re-homed?:mad::eek::mad: I couldn't believe it; two innocent birds and some old fart didn't like them.

No wonder I like animals better than people.:rolleyes:

Medusa
01-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Stacks is just adorable! A lucky little one to have so many people love her, too. :)