PDA

View Full Version : Satellite picture of the UK ...

ChrisH
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
... with its blanket of snow and ice.

I've put a little red dot for, approximately, where I live, .

Karen
01-07-2010, 04:59 PM
My former boss is well North of you in Glasgow, he emailed me yesterday and said they are just hibernating and living off New Years leftovers for now. He knows how much I love the snow, so said he's happy for me that I have plenty, but he's has enough, thanks!

Suki Wingy
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Woah!

RICHARD
01-07-2010, 07:02 PM
You have so much snow, the little red is white now!!;)

kitten645
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
WOW! Stay warm you guys! I do NOT miss the snow. BRRRRR!

Marigold2
01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Birrrrrrrr

ChrisH
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
My former boss is well North of you in Glasgow, he emailed me yesterday and said they are just hibernating and living off New Years leftovers for now. He knows how much I love the snow, so said he's happy for me that I have plenty, but he's has enough, thanks!
Yes, I believe it is bad up there, having said I think that it ever is in Scotland & far Northern England in the wintertime, they will have snow when the rest of the UK is clear. Killearn Kitties lives in Scotland so probably could confirm or refute that.

Karen
01-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Yes, I believe it is bad up there, having said I think that it ever is in Scotland & far Northern England in the wintertime, they will have snow when the rest of the UK is clear. Killearn Kitties lives in Scotland so probably could confirm or refute that.

The one time I visited Glasgow in January, there was no snow, it was just rainy, and Tom said that was perfectly normal. Glasgow is so hilly that it must be a nightmare in ice!

slick
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I can't see a red dot........ maybe it's my eyes or maybe it's already been covered with snow.

Hey my friend - I'll be on the next plane. :love::love:

Lilith Cherry
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Whew Chris, that looks horrible! Glad I am not living in Anglesey any more , lol!

It must be desperate as they called my BIL to help clear the snow with his diggers and graders - he and my sister have a fencing and heavy equipment hire company in Leicestershire.

Stay warm and safe ( and put wooly socks on Bob:))

It is 8 degrees C here in South China today which is cold when you have unheated draughty houses (built for hot humid weather) but at least we have no snow!

ChrisH
01-09-2010, 09:34 AM
I can't see a red dot........ maybe it's my eyes or maybe it's already been covered with snow.

Hey my friend - I'll be on the next plane. :love::love:
I think you have enlarge the pic by clicking a couple of times to see it. :)

I wish you could be on that plane, dear lady, it would be so good to see you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif My sofa is extremely comfortable and Bobby boy would make sure you have some fun. :D

Kirsten
01-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Wow!! :eek:

I figure Germany's looking the same today!