PDA

View Full Version : ipod Touch

Sirrahsim
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone have one?? My Christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket and I can't take my eyes off of it!
It basically does EVERYTHING that an iphone can do except make phone calls but I can put a skype app on it so that I can use skype for free whenever I am in range of a wifi connection and call my family members via their own skype program that way!
Sooooo have you heard anything terrible about it? Anything wonderful? Is the 8gb version a decent amount of space?? Is it worth an extra $90 to get the 32gb version?

GiantSchnauzer
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I have one and I absolutely love it! 8gb is enough space for me. I've had mine for a year and I'm not even close to filling it up. Not only do I have music stored on it but I also have pics and games stored on it as well.

caseysmom
01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
My daughter seems to like hers, she mostly uses it in her car for music.

prechrswife
01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
My husband has one, and he loves it. We don't use a cell phone enough to justify the monthly expense of an iPhone, but the iPod Touch does everything except make calls.

Alysser
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I love mine. I've found the internet feature very useful. I have the 8gb one and it has not filled up yet, I've had my Ipod nearly two years now. I thought all the added features were stupid at first, but it really is quite handy. I love that I can save my favorite pictures and all that. You can use the internet, youtube, etc. It's a very good, useful device. I encourage you to buy one, you will not regret it.

k9krazee
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
My boyfriend has the 32 g version (which he will probably never fill) and he LOVES it. He got the skype app and while you cant video chat, it still works super well. The internet browser is also really easy to use. He downloaded a ton of apps for free and some are pretty neat.

Prairie Purrs
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
My sister loves hers. I've got an iPhone, and I use it for so many things it might as well be fused to my hand. :D

caseysmom
01-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to add for 60 bucks I would go for the 32gig you never know and its not that much more...

Karen
01-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Love my iPod Touch, and have never filled it up.

Queen of Poop
01-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I have the 8 GB one, can't ever see filling it up. Love all the apps you can get.

Sirrahsim
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Just waiting for the BX to open so that I can go get it....:D

BitsyNaceyDog
01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
My husband has an iPhone and I would really love an iPod touch, but my extra money always ends up going to get the pets something extra. Anyway, I take and use Justin's iPhone when I go grocery shopping. I have my list online and I pull it up when I get to the grocery store, it's so much easier than a paper list and pen- I love it! Also if Justin is out and I need him to pick up a few things I add the things to my online grocery list and he gets them for me! It's much more than an MP3 player and you'll find a thousand uses for it.

CountryWolf07
01-07-2010, 10:16 AM
My boyfriend has the 16gb, first generation, and he really likes it. He paid $299 for it, which is honestly about the same price as the 32gb that's currently on sale. I am actually going to get the 32gb when I have time. :)

Sirrahsim
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I went ahead and got the 8gb version! That should be plenty of room for my music and a boatload of apps! So far I have downloaded around 20 free apps and 1 that was $.99. With my entire music library I am still under 1gb on the thing.
There are so many cool apps out there! I have 5 or 6 games for my kiddos to play and they LOVE it. The ones I got are very simple but colorful and fun. http://eliassmiles.com/

I also have facebook and mapquest and a radio program called Pandora and skype and an entire betty crocker cookbook and a German language program among others!:eek::D
I LOVE it!

Genny
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Can the ipid touch do more than a blackberry storm? or only the same things?

caseysmom
01-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase. Just curious how much was it at the bx? My daughter may be military soon.

Sirrahsim
01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I ended up buying it at Best Buy because I had some coupons and reward certificates that brought it down below the BX price. At the BX the 8gb was $185.
Sorry Genny, I know absolutely NOTHING about the Blackberry Storm. The only obvious difference that I know of offhand is that the ipod touch is NOT a phone and doesn't offer or require a wireless contract.

caseysmom
01-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Okay thanks, it sounds like the bx has prices similar to costco without the membership fees of course.

You probably know this but if you have an aux hookup in your car you can buy a cord for around twenty dollars and listen to your ipon through your car stereo, if I remember correctly you have a sort of newish car so it probably has that feature.

Sirrahsim
01-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes! My new baby Cobalt has an aux input. I used it quite a bit with my old ipod on my latest roadtrip. I haven't tried it with my new one yet but hopefully it works just as well!