PDA

View Full Version : From service dog to SURFice dog!

luvofallhorses
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
This was posted on another board I belong to and I thought I would share. It sure made my whole day. How awesome is Ricochet! :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGODurRfVv4

chocolatepuppy
01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
What a great story! Thanks for sharing!:)

GiantSchnauzer
01-06-2010, 09:02 PM
That's a wonderful story!

MonicanHonda
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh geeze, stories about dogs and kids always get me going. Hahaha That is truly inspiring. That just makes me want to pursue therapy with Delta even more. Thank you SO much for posting that. :) It also makes me realize how behind I am on training. Delta can't open a door yet. Lol!!!

blue
01-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Thats pretty dang Fawesome!

luvofallhorses
01-07-2010, 09:12 PM
That's cool MonicaHonda! Well I think they use toys (rope) to open doors and refridgerators as pups and then they don't use them as they mature. Good luck on her becoming a therapy dog. :) Are you going to train her through a company? I am sure she'll have to get her CGC (Canine Good Citizenship) and do training with everything. You could also do a TT (temperment test) when she is old enough I think it may be 2 years old? You can PM apbtmom76 - she has Phoenix I think TT'd and he has his CGC.. More info on the TT http://www.atts.org
My Rocky and Jenny both RIP would have made awesome therapy dogs. :D

Also - I would look into groups in your area that do therapy dog training. But I know for a fact she has to get her CGC not sure about TT but it would help. I think it is basically the same thing but the TT has a lot more steps than a CGC but you can check out clubs and that and trainers in your area for doing both. :) But she would probably have to be a certain age around maturity. How old is she now? :)

MonicanHonda
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
She's five months. At the end of basic class, she'll be taking her CGC. That will be the first week in March. We're very excited. Her trainer is also a TT certifier, and she's trying to get someone from Michigan to come down about twice a year to certify therapy dogs. We're very excited. :)

luvofallhorses
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
That's awesome. I hope everything works out as I am sure it will. :D

Lady's Human
01-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Very cool. Lady watched the vid with me and was very curious why the puppy was on TV. :cool: