PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for creating a website?

wolf_Q
01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
So this is rather random but I found this place that would be awesome for a wedding/reception...but it's more money then I can afford (it's probably really actually very reasonable for a wedding, but I'm poor) but they don't have a website. They could really use a website as I was only able to get their phone number through asking around I couldn't find anything about it on the internet. I talked to the lady today about possibly getting a discount in return for creating a website for them. She asked how much I would charge and I really don't have a clue. So what is the average cost of a small website? Keep in mind I'm no professional, I just took a class on dreamweaver last semester I still can't do anything fancy. Here's the site I did there's still a bunch of stuff I want to fix before I really use it http://www.amyquarnberg.com I could definitely design a site and include basics like a gallery and contact info though, enough to give them some business, get them a .com, etc.

CountryWolf07
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Hey Amy, I looked at your website, you have Anna and Rosie in there. Thank you for including them. I still miss them so much. I have seen prices go from $700-$2,000. It really depends on how much skills you have with website design. :) Hope that helped!

BitsyNaceyDog
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
It can vary so much. It depends on what the site consists of and it depends on your experience. Two things stuck out at me- it's a "small website" and you're "not a professional". A lot of professionals can easily charge between $50-$100+ per hour, but they're professionals. For a non-professional to make a small website, I'd say a fair charge would probably be $200-$500 total. I can't remember what my husband charged when he started out, he's always charged hourly though. My brother-in-law was just starting out a couple years ago and he was charging a blanket rate of $400 for small sites.

Good luck, I hope you can get a portion of the price knocked off. By the way, I like your site!