PDA

View Full Version : Check Out What I Found This Morning :) - Lost Kitten Found - He's So Happy to Be Home

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi All-

I found this ad on craigslist yesterday about:

Lost kitten, missing since midnight Tuesday Jan 5th. He is a light orange tabby with white patches on his face and neck. Answers to the name of Butters. If found please call. Reward offered

Just so happens they listed where they live and it happens to be in my apartment complex.

I needed to borrow a trap from someone anyway to get the cat I've been trying to get for a while now. I got the trap and called the lady to ask if she'd like me to set up a trap to try to get her kitten she said sure.

Last night I didn't get time to do it but this morning I figured since I was up around 6 a.m. I'd take a stroll around our apartment complex and see if I spotted this little orange and white kitten.

So I was walking down the side walk with a flashlight looking for tiny prints in the snow, the kittens age is 4-5 months approx. I walked the side walk didn't see any tracks and happen to look in the snow in between cars and saw some prints. I thought first they could be a small dogs print but then I saw some smaller prints going from under one car to another car and to another.

I went to the end of the prints to the last car and looked around the car and didn't see any other prints leaving that car so I called out "Kitty Kitty" and heard a little meow.

I was so ecstatic! I just couldn't tell you how good it felt to hear that.

So I called the kitten "Butters" and heard it again and I got him to semi come to me and he was so scared you could just tell he wasn't sure where to go so he headed down these steps and I followed him and we got to the bottom and he didn't move and I picked him up and took him to the persons door.

They left a note on their door saying Lost Kitten so I knocked and waited while the kitten was shivering and I figured I'll just take it down to my place and call his mom.

No answer though. I left a message but she hasn't called me back yet but I'm sure she will soon. He is right now in our bathroom nice and warm and I'm sure he's loving it.

I hoping there is a good reason why she didn't answer my call this morning when I called her twice and knocked on her door, I'm thinking either she is out of town or works at night and can't answer her phone.

If this was my kitten out there I would been hunting for this kitten like mad and couldn't sleep if I knew my kitten was out there but that's just me.

I will take a picture before the kitten leaves our place. I would keep this little bugger but it's not mine and I already have too many vet bills.

I was so excited this morning when I got him and I just can't believe I did and I'm my luck is changing with the other female cat that I've been trying to trap.

Melissa

Medusa
01-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh Butters is just adorable, Melissa. and so lucky that you were able to trap him! Great news!

Donnaj4962
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Awww, what a cutie. Maybe Meowmie was at work... or out looking further from the apt. complex??? I would also be frantic trying to find my baby, so I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt??!!!

Taz_Zoee
01-06-2010, 09:25 AM
That is so great you found the missing kitten. I got so excited when I was reading this when you heard the meow. :D

catmandu
01-06-2010, 09:28 AM
What an intrersting face Butters has, hes an Owesome Orange Marmalade with a Face thats alsmost a gollden yellow.
Bless you for taking Butters in out of danger, and keeping him until Butters and Family are reunited!!!
:love::love::love:

trayi52
01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh what a cute little baby!! It was very lucky you found and trapped it.

Willie:)

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks! I actually didn't trap him. I just caught him but I think I know what you guys mean by saying trap.

I might pop home for a bit to see how the kitten is doing during my lunch hour but we'll see if I have time.

I still haven't heard from the owners so we'll.

I'm kinda surprised I gave them my cell # but nothing yet.

Melissa

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 10:17 AM
She just called me and said she just woke up. I told her I knocked on her door at 6:30 a.m. and there was no answer.

She said she was asleep.

I'm thinking WHAT how can you sleep knowing your kitten is OUTSIDE in the COLD.

But I can't image you would want to go to sleep with knowing your kitten is outside.

I think I might of found the where this person adopted the kitten from. I'm attaching a photo of a kitten I think looks like the one they posted.

Melissa

GILL
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
My 2 cents, I would never be able to sleep if one of my kids got out. it did happen almost 20 years ago. Missy got out, we still don't know how. She ended up in a tree next door. She wouldn’t come down and I could go up. So I sat be the window with a flash light all night, about 5:30 in the morning she came down. Went right to the back door and I let her in. She never went near a door again.

Taz_Zoee
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I also could not sleep if one of my babies was missing, without at least looking for a few days first.
When Paizly got out she slipped out the open door the night of July 3rd. Bruce didn't notice she wasn't in the house until the next morning. I couldn't enjoy the 4th of July with my family so I came home to find her. Within one hour I had her back in the house!

But I guess some people just aren't like us. :p

orangemm
01-06-2010, 12:40 PM
No, I'd be outside, calling, tempting with smelly fish, searching, enlisting my neighbors, doing everything possible to find my baby. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink.:eek:

And to sleep so soundly that I didn't hear anything?:confused::confused:

Maybe this baby needs to be "poofed"...............:rolleyes:

Bless you for searching for him!

ETA: Just re-read your post.......you called her, too??? Uh uh, that's not right.

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
But I guess some people just aren't like us. :p

That's what I was thinking. But I just can't believe you wouldn't be looking even last night when I was outside I didn't hear anyone call him or anything and if it was my cat I'd be going door to door talking with everyone letting them know I was missing a kitten.

I stopped by at lunch time today of course to see Butter's and he has this thing for wanting to bite people's nose and chins.

It kinda hurts but I think it's a love bite maybe. He's so darn cute and fluffy.

Melissa

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
No, I'd be outside, calling, tempting with smelly fish, searching, enlisting my neighbors, doing everything possible to find my baby. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink.:eek:

And to sleep so soundly that I didn't hear anything?:confused::confused:

Maybe this baby needs to be "poofed"...............:rolleyes:

Bless you for searching for him!

ETA: Just re-read your post.......you called her, too??? Uh uh, that's not right.

I know I pounded hard too on the door. We waited for a little bit maybe less than a minute and pounded again and nothing.

I live in the same type of apartment and anytime someone comes to my door late at night I hear it. Our walls are not thick at all so I can't believe she didn't hear me.

Yeah anyone want him? ..heheheehhee...

Yep I called her twice, her number is an out-of-state # so I had to use a calling card the first time to call her and that went right to her voicemail, so then I figured ok she's not probably picking up because when you use calling cards their #'s show up weird and so I called from my husband's cell # and she didn't answer then either.

I didn't hear from her until 11 a.m.

If this was my baby I'd have my cell phone up loud and all my phones on and well I wouldn't be sleeping yeah I might be inside the house for a while but I'd have a trap set up and everything.

Maybe he ran away from home...but he's not talking about it though. Just bites me on the nose and chin but those are thank you love bites I guess.

Melissa

Karen
01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey, if I am asleep, I might not hear a knock on the door. I am deaf on one side, so if the good ear is in the pillow, no sound penetrates. Pound all you want, it wouldn't matter. And she may have been asleep after much effort searching, knowing she'd be better if she was awake and alert ... She did post signs, etc - it's not like she did nothing!

Just sayin' - we never should assume the worst about someone without knowing all the facts.

He's adorable, and perhaps now that she knows his propensity for escape, she'll be more cautious around the door!

Queen of Poop
01-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Maybe he wants to come to Canada? Or not, might be tooooo cold here.

kuhio98
01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
... And she may have been asleep after much effort searching, knowing she'd be better if she was awake and alert ... She did post signs, etc - it's not like she did nothing!

Just sayin' - we never should assume the worst about someone without knowing all the facts....

Totally agree. I wish people wouldn't automatically think the worst of a person. Give people the benefit of a doubt.

When Willow was missing, I was up and down all night searching and calling. I was dead to world the next morning. If Bobcat hadn't shaken me awake, I wouldn't have known she had returned.

Cataholic
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
She just called me and said she just woke up. I told her I knocked on her door at 6:30 a.m. and there was no answer.

She said she was asleep.

I'm thinking WHAT how can you sleep knowing your kitten is OUTSIDE in the COLD.

What the * well u know what I'm thinking.

My husband said this morning that maybe we should ask her if Apollo is her kitten and if she says no then maybe we should find Butters another home one that will want to keep him indoors but maybe this is just a silly accident.

But I can't image you would want to go to sleep with knowing your kitten is outside.

I think I might of found the where this person adopted the kitten from. I'm attaching a photo of a kitten I think looks like the one they posted.

What do u guys think.

Melissa

I am confused. You eventually connected with her...did you tell her you had what you thought was the kitten? Did she ask if you had her kitten? Did she come over?

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey, if I am asleep, I might not hear a knock on the door. I am deaf on one side, so if the good ear is in the pillow, no sound penetrates. Pound all you want, it wouldn't matter. And she may have been asleep after much effort searching, knowing she'd be better if she was awake and alert ... She did post signs, etc - it's not like she did nothing!

Just sayin' - we never should assume the worst about someone without knowing all the facts.

He's adorable, and perhaps now that she knows his propensity for escape, she'll be more cautious around the door!

Good point, I'm not trying to think the worst of her. You're right I should give her the benefit of the doubt but when I told her I was at her place at 6:30 a.m. and knocked on her door several times she didn't say oh I was really tired from searching but maybe she was, yeah she did post signs and I'm glad she did or I wouldn't of been out looking for her but honestly I wouldn't be able to sleep regardless. I hope she will be more cautious of the door from now on. There are a lot of wild male cats near my side of the apartment complex that could of caused him some damage. I'm just glad he's inside where it's nice and warm.

Melissa

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I am confused. You eventually connected with her...did you tell her you had what you thought was the kitten? Did she ask if you had her kitten? Did she come over?

Yes, she called me at 11 a.m. this morning. I told her I thought I had her kitten.

She has not come over to house yet.

Melissa

katladyd
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
If one of mine was missing, I would probably not sleep until they were home. But maybe she had been up a couple of days looking. That may have been the case. I'm glad little Butters is out of the cold and safe. That is what really matters!

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 01:56 PM
If one of mine was missing, I would probably not sleep until they were home. But maybe she had been up a couple of days looking. That may have been the case. I'm glad little Butters is out of the cold and safe. That is what really matters!

I just have to say that according to the craigslist ad the cat went missing Monday night at Midnight which inturn sorta starts Tuesday and so the cat was missing from Midnight until I found him this morning at 6:30 a.m.

I probably wouldn't be able to sleep either but I still need to give her the benefit of the doubt. That is what really matters is that he's safe and sound now:)

Melissa

Grace
01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, she called me at 11 a.m. this morning. I told her I thought I had her kitten.

She has not come over to house yet.

Melissa

Did she say she was planning to stop by? I know, give people the benefit of the doubt - but she doesn't impress me.

orangemm
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Some people are just kind of nonchalant about their pets; she might be one of those........or not. Hard to say, but if I lost a kitten, I'd be pounding on all doors and asking for help. I'm just surprised that she has waited this long...:confused::confused::rolleyes:

any updates? Butters sounds so cute (nips and all...........)

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
It's hard to say that's for sure.

When I spoke with her at 11 a.m. I told her I wouldn't be home till after 5 p.m. and then I'd call her and she could come down to see if it's Butters or not.

I guess we are going to give her her cat back but if I find out it's loose again I don't know if she'll get it back.

But I think this is the right decision, I wouldn't want someone stealing my cat but I also would have been outside looking for my baby all the time or at least taking turns with my husband even then I think I'd have to be outside.

Hopefully she'll say she was at work all day or something and that's why she was so tired.

I'll post some pictures before he leaves us tonight.

Melissa

Some people are just kind of nonchalant about their pets; she might be one of those........or not. Hard to say, but if I lost a kitten, I'd be pounding on all doors and asking for help. I'm just surprised that she has waited this long...:confused::confused::rolleyes:

any updates? Butters sounds so cute (nips and all...........)

Freckles
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM
The two yellow cats in post 8 don't look the same to me. Check the white streaks around the eyes.

Anikaca77
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Everyone-

Just turned over this kitten.

They were so excited and so was the little guy. I asked them how the kitten got out and they said that they were carrying groceries in the house and he slipped out before they knew it.

Stuff happens and they were so happy to see Butters. They wanted to pay us for our efforts I declined, I don't like taking money for giving someone back there cat and they just had him to the vets and showed me the papers and they will have him fixed soon.

I will attach some pictures later on but I need to go outside and trap another kitty now.

Maybe my luck will be better tonight.

Butters was so happy to be home it was so great seeing him in his natural home.

Melissa

Medusa
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
That's fabulous news, Melissa! I know how good you must feel. And Butters and his family, too. A happy ending! :)

Queen of Poop
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
That's so wonderful that he was happy to be home. Makes me want to cry.

Taz_Zoee
01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
That is great! She doesn't sound like a bad kitty owner after all. :D Good luck on trapping that other kitty! :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Butters is adorable and I'm so glad that you were able to catch him and reunite him with his family.:) Hopefully he won't try to escape again. Good luck in trapping the other cat.:)

kuhio98
01-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi Everyone-

Just turned over this kitten.

They were so excited and so was the little guy. I asked them how the kitten got out and they said that they were carrying groceries in the house and he slipped out before they knew it.

Stuff happens and they were so happy to see Butters. They wanted to pay us for our efforts I declined, I don't like taking money for giving someone back there cat and they just had him to the vets and showed me the papers and they will have him fixed soon.

I will attach some pictures later on but I need to go outside and trap another kitty now.

Maybe my luck will be better tonight.

Butters was so happy to be home it was so great seeing him in his natural home.

Melissa

Great news! You've earned another halo next to your name in the big karma book. :D It's not every day that you get to be a hero.

Grace
01-06-2010, 09:38 PM
What a wonderful outcome :)

katladyd
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
I just love happy endings! I'm sure Butters and his family are keeping you in their prayers for awhile.:)

blue
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Good job.

If I was an appartment dweller I would not let my cat outside and Ild be searching not sleeping if she got out.