PDA

View Full Version : Have your pets ever received mail?

kuhio98
01-05-2010, 06:53 PM
In another thread, I was moaning about some very rude junkmail I've received recently via snail mail.

We kind of morphed into mail our pets have received, which got me curious.

Have any of your pets ever received mail (other than from the vet -- or a family member, of course).

If so, please describe:

Kuhio once got a letter from Publisher's Clearing House saying she had won a major prize. :rolleyes:

Halo got a notice to report for Jury Duty. :eek:

kuhio98
01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I added the child option because Bobcat reminded me that his son (who was still in diapers at the time) received mail to report to the draft board. :eek:

Grace
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Kuhio once got a letter from Publisher's Clearing House saying she had won a major prize. :rolleyes:

Halo got a notice to report for Jury Duty. :eek:

I asked about this in your other topic - does Halo have a driver's license? http://bestsmileys.com/cars/18.gif
In our state, the jury pool is drawn from a list of those with driver's licenses.

Freedom
01-05-2010, 07:14 PM
All my pet receive mail -- from the PT Christmas card exchange! :D

Alysser
01-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Mikey gets letters from his previous owners sometimes. :D

kuhio98
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I asked about this in your other topic - does Halo have a driver's license? http://bestsmileys.com/cars/18.gif
In our state, the jury pool is drawn from a list of those with driver's licenses.

I'm not sure if Alaska uses driver's licenses to send out notices. It seems like every time I vote in a local election -- I get a jury summons -- not when I renew my driver's license.

As far as I know, Halo has neither a driver's license or a voter registration card. :p

cassiesmom
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
We have received cards addressed to Cassie and Elyse, as part of the PT Christmas Card Exchange. We've received a few cat food samples, too - does that count? But goodness, never a jury duty summons!

kuhio98
01-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Guess Halo will have some company in the jury pool. :p

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

BOSTON -- Duty calls for an East Boston resident.

Someone is getting called for jury duty...but it's no human.

A family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

“I said, Sal, what’s this? You know, I don’t believe it I was shocked,” said Guy Esposito, Sal’s owner.

Sal’s owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

“I just wrote ‘Sal Esposito’, scratched out the ‘dog,’ and wrote, ‘cat,’” said Anna.

Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal’s service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn’t cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

Husky_mom
01-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Guess Halo will have some company in the jury pool. :p

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

BOSTON -- Duty calls for an East Boston resident.

Someone is getting called for jury duty...but it's no human.

A family is trying to figure out how their pet cat was summonsed for jury duty.

“I said, Sal, what’s this? You know, I don’t believe it I was shocked,” said Guy Esposito, Sal’s owner.

Sal’s owners, Guy and Anna Esposito, think they may know the source of the mix up: Sal really is a member of the family, so on the last Census form, Anna Esposito listed him under “pets”.

“I just wrote ‘Sal Esposito’, scratched out the ‘dog,’ and wrote, ‘cat,’” said Anna.

Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request.

Sal’s service date at Suffolk Superior Court is set for March 23. Anna said that if the issue isn’t cleared up by then, she will simply have to bring the cat to court.

THAT is something worth seeing.. lmao.. how I´d love to see their faces.. haha.. and tell them you denied the disqualification.. so here you go.. haha