PDA

View Full Version : The Lovely Bones- the book. *spoiler alert*

Demi Is A Digimon
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Has anybody read this book?
I just finished reading it, and I loved it. I cried though, esp. at the end when Lindsey has a baby and nicknames her 'Little Susie', and when Grandma Lynn died! :(
When Holiday died I cried aswell. It is a beautiful book, yet so sad!

What are your opinions about this book?

I put spoiler alert on the title just in case someone was reading it, or wanted to read it (:

PS: What does LES mean? I've seen it used, but I have no idea what it means!

:love:

*LabLoverKEB*
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the spoiler alert.:) I have not yet read the book, but am planning to do so. I've heard it's a great read, but sad.
LES= Leaky Eye Syndrome
;)

jennielynn1970
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Read the book twice. Loved it!!

Not sure that I want to see it made into a movie, but let's hope they stay true to the book!

zippy-kat
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I've read it. Surprising in that, what I thought was going to be the climax turned out to be the anti-climax.

Lovely, lovely writing but I was, at times, bored.

Karen
01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I read it before it was a big deal. I thought it was excellent, sad but good. I won't see the movie, as the book is so much "in your head," that I am sure it doesn't do it justice.

Logan
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I read the book "way back when", too, Karen, but I think I would like to see the movie, at least when it comes out on DVD. I don't go to the theater very often. I thought it was a terrific read, one of the best I have read in a long time.