PDA

View Full Version : A picture of my town I'd like to share...

Kirsten
01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
It's actually one of the winter pics I took yesterday, but I felt like playing a bit with this one.

This site always looks somewhat medieval to me (well, without the cars!) so I thought I'd give this picture an old look. At least you can imagine what this street must have looked like in the Middle Ages, and I'm sure the winter season was no fun those days! :eek:

http://www.catmom.de/pics/lange_strasse2a.jpg

Kirsten

CountryWolf07
01-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Beautiful! I love it. :) It should be framed.

Karen
01-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Cars? What cars? ;)

Randi
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Well done, Karen! :D

Kirsten
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow, Karen!! Looks awesome, great job! :)

Thanks a lot!

Kirsten

Karen
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow, Karen!! Looks awesome, great job! :)

Thanks a lot!

Kirsten

'Tis often easier to edit a photo than edit the original scene! :)

Barbara
01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
'Tis often easier to edit a photo than edit the original scene! :)
So much for documentary truth ;)
I remember that 15 years ago we felt very bad when for a cover of an Egypt guide we moved the camel a bit closer to the pyramid.

But I agree- it looks great without the transporter. Now to have it really medieval- can someone please put a dragon in there coming down the street?

DJFyrewolf36
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
What a great photo and nice edit Karen :D

Asiel
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
What awesome pictures. I love your town, it's just so different than those large Metropolitan cities we get used to. You're fantastic with a camera.

ChrisH
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Beautiful photo, beautiful town.

Just for fun I played about with it a little, more falling snow and car tracks gone. :)

Karen
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I left the tracks, as they could have been horse-drawn cart tracks anyway! I notice you used my edited version - after all, I added in another pedestrian just for verisimilitude's sake!

Kirsten
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
You did an awesome job, Karen! You know, I'm editing pictures myself, but I'm not that skilled. And yes, the tracks are absolutely perfect, and the additional pedestrian as well!

Chris, yours looks also great, like an old Christmas card! :)

I've downloaded both your versions, hope that's okay... :o

Kirsten

boomersooner
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Beautiful!! Could be a postcard!

Karen
01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
You did an awesome job, Karen! You know, I'm editing pictures myself, but I'm not that skilled. And yes, the tracks are absolutely perfect, and the additional pedestrian as well!

Chris, yours looks also great, like an old Christmas card! :)

I've downloaded both your versions, hope that's okay... :o

Kirsten

Of course!

lizbud
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow, the original picture was good, but the later versions made it
look even better. Great job guys.:)

p.s. I am still waiting for the dragon though.;)

ChrisH
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I left the tracks, as they could have been horse-drawn cart tracks anyway! I notice you used my edited version - after all, I added in another pedestrian just for verisimilitude's sake!
Well of course. :D I'm just a dabbler not an artist like you. I could never in a million years have edited out those vehicles out even half as well as you did and the extra pedestrian was perfect.

With a dragon for Liz.:D

Barbara
01-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Aaawww- thank you for the dragon :D

Kirsten
01-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Ha ha, that's cool! :)

Thanks Chris! :D

Kirsten

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Can you imagine walking out to your car and finding that someone had edited it off the street????

That is plain mean, making people walk home in the snow.:eek::confused:;)

Anikaca77
01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Wow beautiful, I think I'd love to live there. That's just beautiful.

Melissa

GILL
01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Absolutely gorgeous. The last time I was in Germany it was the beginning of February. I stayed in a small town just outside of Nurnberg. Love the people, love the food, and the small towns are fantastic.
I was there for 2 weeks for the toy fair in Nurnberg that was 3 years ago.
Thank you for sharing and bringing back the memories. The street that my hotel was on looked very much the same.

Alysser
01-05-2010, 06:51 PM
As always, Kirsten, your work is absolutely amazing. Your town is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE how different it is, how quaint. :)

momcat
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh Kirsten, you have done it again! What a beautiful town! Your picture would make an excellent travel poster. I love winter so the snow is an added treat. After seeing your town, if I weren't so terrified of flying you just might find me at your door.

Kirsten
01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Can you imagine walking out to your car and finding that someone had edited it off the street????

LOL! :D

Absolutely gorgeous. The last time I was in Germany it was the beginning of February. I stayed in a small town just outside of Nurnberg. Love the people, love the food, and the small towns are fantastic.

GILL; thanks for sharing your memories of Germany with us! :)

After seeing your town, if I weren't so terrified of flying you just might find me at your door.

You're always welcome! :)

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
WOW, what a fantastic picture, Kirsten!!!
I love German towns so much too!! :love::love::love:

Whisk_Luva
01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow that is such a beautiful photograph, and such a beautiful town :)

Marigold2
01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I lived in Germany oh so long ago. Makes me homesick. Europe is so lovely. Your pictures are always a joy to behold.