PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone mind looking at my portfolio web page to give feedback?

Pembroke_Corgi
01-03-2010, 09:26 PM
It's just a spot for potential employers to see my education portfolio, thesis, resume, and work sample in one spot since some of the sites I'm registered ask for this.

Here's the page: http://sites.google.com/site/jillmcveysportfolio/ Any suggestions on what needs work?

The photo is a bit outdated so I'm going to get a newer one, and I think I also need to work on my professional statement- I actually just used part of an old cover letter. :o But I would welcome any suggestions!

Karen
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Just took a quick glance - I'd put some text on the initial page, maybe your Professional Statement, just so there's not all that blank space.

DJFyrewolf36
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I think it is very professional looking and has a lot of great information! I think any potential employer would be impressed that you took the time to present yourself so professionally. The only thing I would add maybe to your professional statement is an acomplishment in your field that you are particularly proud of. Make something you've done stand out.

Id hire anyone who took the time to do something like this in a heartbeat!

ETA: Thank you Karen for pointing that out, I thought that too.

Husky_mom
01-03-2010, 10:37 PM
what I was gonna say got covered already.. so...

on another topic... uh-oh.. hubby´s gonna need help "saving" Lyra from the boys.. such a cutie!!.. love her in that dress.. ready to impress

Pembroke_Corgi
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Thank you all for the feedback (and nice compliments to Lyra). I really like the idea of putting my statement on the first page, I was wondering what I could put there because it looked weird. (Course it means I will have to write a better one)! :)