PDA

View Full Version : Looooong weekend!

catnapper
01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
I have been having sinus issues for a few months. I have an appointment with the allergist monday (FINALLY!) but I don't think I'm gonna make it!

Why? Because they asked me to stop taking all sinus and allergy meds for 3 days before the appointment. I'm only 12 hours into day 1 and am ready to kill someone! My nose is running non-stop, my head is pounding and aspirin ain't cuttin' it! :mad:

They better find out something on monday, and I HOPE there's a "cure" because I'm miserable.

On the flip side, I had no idea how much I relied on modern pharaceuticals to keep my sinuses under control. Yes, I know I popped Sinus Advil every day, along with Allegra, but I had no idea just how marvelous those two drugs are!

boomersooner
01-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Have you tried a Netti Pot? My husband uses his every morning, as well as his usual Flonase and Zyrtec, but the netti pot has made the difference. He rarely has sinus issues anymore. It just keeps all of the sinuses flushed with saline so stuff doesn't have time to build up and cause problems.

Karen
01-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I know the annoyance that causes. Get some eucalyptus, crumple over hot water, breathe the steam. That helps, and won't interfere with the allergy testing. As a mater of fact, it's worth a call to the doc's line - ask if Sudafed would be okay to keep yourself a little dried out, so you are not completely miserable all weekend, and end up sicker.

kuhio98
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Have you tried a Netti Pot? My husband uses his every morning, as well as his usual Flonase and Zyrtec, but the netti pot has made the difference. He rarely has sinus issues anymore. It just keeps all of the sinuses flushed with saline so stuff doesn't have time to build up and cause problems.

My sister had chronic sinus infections until she started using the Netti Pot every day. It's a winner!