PDA

View Full Version : Bob has become a love bug!

phesina
01-02-2010, 06:30 PM
My CH boy Bob, whom I got from his original people in Grand Rapids a couple of years ago, is about 10 years old now. He has always been much more wobbly than Elmer, my first CH kid.

Up until recently, he was always rather standoffish. At first he hissed at me and my other cats. Poor boy, he'd been through a lot, uprooted from the only home he'd known since kittenhood and then placed in the middle of all these strange critters. As time went on, he calmed down but has always kept to himself.

Well, just in the last three or four weeks or so, he has been stumbling over to me as I sit on the couch and read, and he leans against my legs if I don't notice him right away. He has me pick him up and put him on my lap, where he adjusts himself into the most comfortable position and settles down. One time he even reached up, hooked his claws into my jeans and hauled himself up.

And then he started coming up to me when I sit at this table working on the computer, for me to give him personal attention. Right now he is stretched across my lap, resting his head on my arms as I type. He doesn't purr audibly, but I can feel him rumbling. Even the purring is new behavior for me to pick up from him!

I don't know what made him finally decide I was safe and warm and someone he wanted to be with.. but I am so glad!

Happy New Year, Bobby, I love you so much! :love::love::love:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=113&pictureid=1964

krazyaboutkatz
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
AWWWWW!!! How sweet.:) I love stories like these.:)

I know that it takes some cats a long time before they feel comfortable in their homes. My Ziggy used to be much more of a loner. I adopted her when she was about 8 weeks old. When she was 3 she decided that being part of the family was okay. Now she comes to me for pets and scritches and she likes being in the same room with me and the other cats.

cassiesmom
01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Awwww, Bob, lovebug! When I look at this photo of you, I want to give you some gentle tummy rubs! Happy New Year, sweety!

3Catcondo
01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Bob, what a handsome fellow you are. I'm so glad you like to be affectionate and loved on now. Please give him love from me and my furclan.

Amy

Medusa
01-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Aw Bob, that makes me so happy! You have no idea of how happy you've made your mom. Pat, this just makes me grin. Good for you and good for Bob that he finally has figured out that it's ok to relax and join the family. :love:

orangemm
01-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Bob, it took you a long time to get "lovey", but that's fine. Special kitties need time to adjust to situations.

Your meowmie LOVES this attention........keep it up!

lvpets2002
01-03-2010, 09:16 AM
:love: Well that is Great.. I will say I always knew you was a Bigg Handsome Love Muffin Bob..

Medusa
01-03-2010, 09:30 AM
This kinda reminds me of Specs. He isn't a CH boy but he's afraid of everyone. W/other cats he can be a bully but w/humans, he's a little fraidy cat. I've often said I should've named him Fraidy. Anyhow, when my son comes home for a visit, Specs spends most of his time in the basement by his own choice but finally yesterday he came upstairs and slowly approached my son and allowed himself to be petted. My son said "See, I'm not such a bad guy after all". Figures. The boy is leaving tomorrow. LOL Cats! :confused:

phesina
01-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Isn't that just so nice when they finally start coming around, realizing that they are safe and loved and no one is going to hurt them?

Thanks from Bobby and me for all the lovies, which I am passing right on to him! :)

catmandu
01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Miquelito and Pouncierge were always shy , and are now coming forwards a lot more as like Bob they are getting used to me,
The Other Found Cats were pals right off, but me they were leary of and I was bringing their food.
Its nice to pat them now.
Way to Go Bob, and keep it up there more love waiting there for you!!!
:love::love::love:

phesina
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh, he LOOOOOOOOOVES to have his tummy rubbed! He has asked for that for a long time, well before he started coming right up to me..

He rolls over on his side like in the picture with his belly turned up and his front paws tucked up under his chin. The invitation/request/command could not be more clearly stated! I indulge him every time.

Speaking of whom.. there is he down by my feet with his back turned to me. Guess I need to pick him up!

Anikaca77
01-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Awww Bob is such a cutie! and I can't believe he's 10 he looks really good!

Melissa