PDA

View Full Version : I bought a featherbed!!!

moosmom
01-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I got a gift card from my daughter for Christmas to Ann & Hope, a curtain and bedding store. I just bought a new bed a couple of weeks ago (VERY much needed) and thought I'd make it better by getting a featherbed. OMG!!!! I cannot WAIT to go to bed tonight. Not only did I put my visco elastic pad on the mattress, I put the featherbed on top underneath the mattress pad.

The piece of garbage I've been sleeping on for the past 5 years has done a number on my back. It was a cheap mattress and box spring that my former roommate had hanging around.

I'll let you know how I sleep tonight.

Karen
01-02-2010, 11:58 AM
My lungs seized up just thinking of it (massive dust allergy makes any feather pillow or bed a no-no for me), but I hope it is wonderful for you!

RICHARD
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Be careful.

My GF used to have a FB and the cats loved it!

They loved to pee on it!:eek::(

It was nice addition to the bed, but was too labor intensive to wash it when the cats attacked.:(

I hope that is not the case for your new bedding!:)

Cataholic
01-02-2010, 12:51 PM
OHHHH, I LOVE feather mattress toppers!

The only time I had a pee issue was when I moved Minnie's box from my closet to the basement. She figured if I moved it on her, she would move her pee to me. It didn't make it to the feather mattress topper, thank goodness.

I did need to upgrade my mattress pad to make sure no little feather quills poked through- OUCH!

But, I can't sleep nearly as good as I can on my bed with all my lovely feather things, pillows, comforter, mattress pad. Sorry Karen! :p

moosmom
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
A nap is looking VERY tempting right about now. It just dawned on me that maybe I should put the tempur pedic topper on top of the featherbed. Any suggestions??? I just looked and the featherbed is on top of the pedic topper. That doesn't make sense to me. I really don't want to have to make my bed all over again. Whatdya think??

RICHARD
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
. That doesn't make sense to me. I really don't want to have to make my bed all over again. Whatdya think??

Why don't you just sleep on that idea for a while?

Ba-dump.:eek::o:confused:

pomtzu
01-02-2010, 04:02 PM
IMO - you should have the feather bed on top of the foam topper. With both those toppers, you're likely to sink into oblivion!

I have a memory foam mattress, so I never put any other toppers on it. It's super comfy just the way it is.

moosmom
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Ellie,

Yup, that's the way I have it. I'm counting the seconds when I can go to bed. I have a feeling I'll have most, if not all of the cats on the bed with me tonight.

RICHARD you are one funny man!!!! ;)

catnapper
01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Sounds awesome! I love my feather pillows -- so sleeping on a feather bed sounds too regal for words.