PDA

View Full Version : Blue Moon/New Year's Thursday#349

RICHARD
12-30-2009, 06:11 PM
We are heading for a Blue moon tomorrow night, The next full moon on NY's day will not happen for another 20 years!

I don't know enough about festive New Year's food....

If you like tamales and champagne?:eek::o:confused:

---------------

I think Champagne is the DOTD and I am interested in what you all have for a NY's feast?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-30-2009, 06:23 PM
We are still socked in with gloomy weather so will probably miss the blue moon on New Year's eve. :(

I usually just have pizza on New Year's day. Don't celebrate much on NY eve. I'm a party pooper! :D (I'm doing good to stay awake to watch the ball drop in NYC - which is an hour earlier than it does here. I figure if they make it to the new year, there's a good chance we will too! ;) )

DJFyrewolf36
12-30-2009, 06:35 PM
I hope the rain clears up just long enough for me to get some pictures! Ive never actually seen a blue moon so I welcome the experience. I am glad Im not going anywhere much for new years though...a blue moon on NYE? Something about that scares my superstious side lol.

Queen of Poop
12-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd really like to have a spinach, feta and onion pizza for new years. Unfortunately my tummy won't appreciate that so likely some rice and tofu! Yipee.

KYS
12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm doing Italian: Making Spaghetti and Meatballs and Eggplant, meatball lasagna tomorrow.
I will make plenty extra for our Blue Moon/New Years.:D

jennielynn1970
12-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I just realized I didn't even really think about NYE dinner. We were going to go out with friends, and then stay over at another friend's house and have New Year's dinner there, but now I think we're only doing dinner on New Year's at the friend's house cause the NYE party is $50.

Hmmmmmmm..... If it doesn't snow, maybe steak on the grill and onions, and fried pierogies? Not really sure what we've got here, or what we'll shop for or if we'll shop. We're both pretty broke at the moment.

On New Year's Day our friend is having pork and sauerkraut (a PA Dutch tradition). My mom and dad are having stuffed Pig Stomach. It sounds gross, but it's really freaking yummy. The stomach is stuffed with potatoes, sweet potatoes, pork roast pieces, smoked sausage pieces, onions, celery... I think that's it. You roast it in the oven, then take it out and brown it on both sides in butter on the stove and serve it with browned butter at the table.

cassiesmom
12-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Going to eat a (very) little herring, tradition from the Ukrainian side of my family, and black-eyed peas for good luck.

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own...

So, if you could help me out with this in the New Year '10 ... that would be great!

pomtzu
12-31-2009, 04:13 AM
On New Year's Day our friend is having pork and sauerkraut (a PA Dutch tradition). My mom and dad are having stuffed Pig Stomach. It sounds gross, but it's really freaking yummy. The stomach is stuffed with potatoes, sweet potatoes, pork roast pieces, smoked sausage pieces, onions, celery... I think that's it. You roast it in the oven, then take it out and brown it on both sides in butter on the stove and serve it with browned butter at the table.

My dear departed MIL was PA born and raised, so when I married her son, I got treated to all kinds of PA Dutch food. Most of it was delicious, and a real treat since I was born in raised in New England, and never experienced that type of cuisine before. Hog Maw - wow - I hadn't thought about that in years!!! ;)

Pinot's Mom
12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
New Year's Eve - we're having whatever my husband dreams up! No clue...he's home and I'm at work, so it's his to make. I'll post after I find out, but I'm sure champagne is on the list!

New Year's Day - we'll be at a friend's for an open house - lots of food!:)

Jan. 2 - we'll be at another friend's party - busy weekend!

Have a great and safe New Year's Eve y'all!!

RICHARD
12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
We are still socked in with gloomy weather so will probably miss the blue moon on New Year's eve. :(

I just went out to get the newspaper and the moon is huge in the sky!:) And it is really a light blue!!!!

We would have menudo and tamales, home made! I really do miss that-the food is labor intensive, so you have to find a 'crew' to help prep the meal!

I see pork is a huge part of the NYD festivities!:)

Catherinedana
12-31-2009, 10:39 AM
New Year's Eve will be quiet at home. That's ok with me. I would like some pirogies, fresh from the Polish deli to munch.

New Year's Day is when we celebrate International Bird Appreciation Day at my house! So - we will need birdie bread and some nice fruit juice for birds, please.

I wrote a thread about our tradition and posted it in Pets General. The birdie bread has eggshell in it so don't eat it yourself.

Cathy

Queen of Poop
12-31-2009, 10:45 AM
We likely won't be seeing the blue moon here tonight.

I'm chilly so going to put on a pot of tea, any takers? Hot chocolate instead?

It's snowing, -22oC and -29oC windchill.

Pinot's Mom
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
New Year's Day is when we celebrate International Bird Appreciation Day at my house! So - we will need birdie bread and some nice fruit juice for birds, please.

Cathy

I thought EVERY day was International Bird Appreciation Day at your house!:D Have a wonderful time - you and the FLock! :D

We likely won't be seeing the blue moon here tonight.

I'm chilly so going to put on a pot of tea, any takers? Hot chocolate instead?

It's snowing, -22oC and -29oC windchill.

I'll take some tea, please, and some of Richard's mexican food!

Queen of Poop
12-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Tea it is.

Richard, where's that mexican food you're bragging about. There's a few of us that are interested.

Randi
12-31-2009, 11:06 AM
I have a fantastic view to the moon, it's full but not blue yet. We have a clear sky. :)

I'll stay at home with Fister, he is so scared of the fireworks - and it gets loud!! I made a box for him covered with blankets and a duvet, which I put on my bed.

I had planned to watch the queen's speech at 6PM, but my TV hasn't come on yet. :( Later, they'll show some good films, and just before midnight, this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1v4BYV-YvA
It's a classic.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Oh, my dinner is in the oven, it's this:

Cod recipe for one

1 fillet of cod enough for one person
1 onion
1 tsp of curry
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 cooking apple (big)
margarine or butter
cream (the one you can whip) or fat milk
1 glass of dry white wine

Cut the cod up in big bite size pieces, grease an oven proof dish and put the cod in to cover the bottom (make sure your kitties are 2 rooms away!)

Cut the onion in tiny pieces and put the butter in a pot. When it’s melted, put curry in and heat for 2 min. Then put the onion pieces in and stir for 3-4 min. until they take a bit of color (not too much!) Add the flour and keep stirring! Add the wine (take a sip yourself!) and the cream. Let it simmer for about 5 min. while stirring and add salt and white pepper (black will be OK too).

Pour the sauce over the cod fillets and grate the apple over it. You can sprinkle some parmesan over.

Put in oven on medium for 40 min. Remember to take a look now and again. It’s supposed to go slightly brown on top.

Take another sip of the wine while you’re waiting! :D

Serve with potatoes or rice - and whatever veggies you find fit. :)

Pinot's Mom
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
That sounds wonderful Randi! Did you make enough for everyone?;)

You have a blessed and Happy New Year, too!! Kisses to Fister! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
I just went out to get the newspaper and the moon is huge in the sky!:) And it is really a light blue!!!!

We would have menudo and tamales, home made! I really do miss that-the food is labor intensive, so you have to find a 'crew' to help prep the meal!

I see pork is a huge part of the NYD festivities!:)

I always thought that they just called it a blue moon because there were two full moons in one month. As in, it happens once in a blue moon! :D

Thanks for the pics!!

jennielynn1970
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Blue Moon is also a great beer.... I'll have one of those please!

RICHARD
12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
I always thought that they just called it a blue moon because there were two full moons in one month. As in, it happens once in a blue moon! :D

Thanks for the pics!!

Yes, You are correct!

When I went out this morning, it was nice, full and giantly BLUE. I have a cheapo camera, and the zoom just added to the tale!;)

Mexican food!

how's about some beans and rice too? LOL, I have become quite adept at making tortillas too!

I found this wonderful recipe on the interweb.......I used to make them without the boiling water, instead using just tap water.....the hot water makes the ingredients easier to mix and makes a softer tortilla.

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of solidified pork drippings, or bacon grease or pork lard
2 cups of boiling water

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the water. Use your fingers to mix in the lard. Adding water a little at a time, mix the flour with a large spoon. Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board or on a hard flat surface. Transfer dough to the board and knead until the dough is no longer sticky. Add more flour if necessary. Now make the balls (the larger the balls, the larger the tortillas). Put all the balls backing into the mixing bowl, and let them sit for about 10 minutes or so.
Sprinkle some flour on the cutting board. Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand. Using the rolling pin, roll out from the center and keep rotating until they are as fat or as thin as you want them to be.
Transfer the tortillas to a medium-hot griddle and cook them until bubbles form, less than a minute. Flip over to cook the other side. Keep tortillas warm under a towel or a tortilla warmer until they are ready to eat. Make sure you sneak one and put some butter on it and eat it in three bites.

http://tazadechocolate.blogspot.com/2008/07/flour-tortillas-from-lady-of-hacienda.html

Hope you get a chance to try them.....it takes a few tries to get it right, but well worth the practice.

orangemm
12-31-2009, 01:55 PM
I would love to be out your way where they have the GOOD Mexican food! I'll have to try that tortilla recipe. We made them once, but they seemed a bit heavy, so we'll have to practice some more.:rolleyes:

LOVE beans & rice!

slick
12-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi, just checking in. I'm still here at work even though everyone else left at Noon. Backup tapes won't eject......:rolleyes:

So, on that note could I please have a tall BM with the fixin's. Ta, Richard.

I'll check back later.

RICHARD
12-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi, just checking in. I'm still here at work even though everyone else left at Noon. Backup tapes won't eject......:rolleyes:

So, on that note could I please have a tall BM with the fixin's. Ta, Richard.

I'll check back later.

You better...

One BM with a shrimpeses......

DONE!

OM,

LOL, trade you for some crabs?

DONE!

Jenn,

A Blue Moon! Love the commercial for Blue Moon.

DOne!

QoP,

Some Mex it is!:)

DONE!

Randi,
Just a sip?;)

I'll break out another bottle!

DONE!

CD,
Birdie Bread and fruit juice!

DONE!

What are you having?:eek:

gini
12-31-2009, 05:50 PM
I am preparing some shrimp in lots and lots of garlic. You saute them just until pink. Then they will be placed on top of a risotto with mushrooms.

And of course, some champagne to wash all of that down. I am getting hungry.

Ha, Randi, my recipe calls for two glasses on wine - one to add to the shrimp and one to drink.

I will bring enough to the bar for everyone!

And in case I don't get back here in time

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Catherinedana
12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
CD,
Birdie Bread and fruit juice!

DONE!

What are you having?:eek:

We just ate a pile of fresh pierogie and smoked sausage with pickled Polish vegetbles. New Polish deli opened near our house. Big GIANT YUM!!

and a cup of Jasmine tea or two.

I couldn't go out now even if I wanted to. I'm stuffed!

Happy New Year to my PT friends!

Love from Cathy and the FLock

RICHARD
12-31-2009, 06:05 PM
We just ate a pile of fresh pierogie and smoked sausage with pickled Polish vegetbles. New Polish deli opened near our house. Big GIANT YUM!!

and a cup of Jasmine tea or two.

I couldn't go out now even if I wanted to. I'm stuffed!

Happy New Year to my PT friends!

Love from Cathy and the FLock

From the bar!:p:D

Queen of Poop
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
No moon here tonight. Cloudy, -21oC, wind chill of -30oC. Great weather to stay inside and cuddle with furbabies. I'd love a cranberry juice and soda please.

Great lunch with an old friend. Heard some rumors, they make me giggle.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2009, 06:45 PM
I got the plumbing bill for my leaky drain today. So sad! the part only cost 3 dollars. The rest of the $62 bill was labor and taxes. :eek:
If I was a youngster looking to enter the job market, I'd become a plumber or electrician! :D

I'm finishing up the last of the Christmas cookies. How about a rootbeer to wash them down?

CHEERS! :love:

DJFyrewolf36
12-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Im sitting here...the only moons I get to see in this cruddy rain weather is the moons on Eve: Online lol.

I could uses some nice warm coffee as I pilot my space ship to depths unknown!

slick
12-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Happy New Year!!! I'm heading out shortly to a friend's place for dinner and maybe, just maybe I'll be awake at midnight although I have not make them any promises.

MOFF: $62.00 is cheap for a plumber. Up here they charge $60 just for coming out to the house and around $85/hr on labour. Hey, you should have gotten Richard to fix the pipes. ;)

No moons here either - it's overcast, raining and very cold. One Spanish Coffee to go please.

Cheers everyone. I'll check in with ya on the morrow.

Pinot's Mom
12-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Cloudy, no moon here, but just finished a WONDERFUL dinner! Hubby came through...homemade cream of crab soup with baguette (and a Woodbridge Chardonnay), main course of shrimp sauteed in Old Bay w/butter, couscous with pine nuts and steamed asparagus (with a Black Ankle Chardonnay-a newer local winery putting out some REALLY GOOD WINE). Leftovers in the 'fridge for all interested! I'm about to check out of here and join him (and of course Pinot-girl) for the rest of the New Year celebration.

Happy and safe New Year to y'all - love you!:love:

Maggie

RICHARD
12-31-2009, 09:22 PM
No moon here tonight. Cloudy, -21oC, wind chill of -30oC. Great weather to stay inside and cuddle with furbabies. I'd love a cranberry juice and soda please.

Great lunch with an old friend. Heard some rumors, they make me giggle.

One CJ and soda!

DONE!

MOFF,

One Rootbeer, anything for the kids? Sorry to hear about the bill.
DONE!

Hey Slick

LOL, the plane trip would have cut into my profit.:confused::eek:

One cafe Espanol.

DONE!

PM,

Have a good evening with everyone back at you!!!

orangemm
01-01-2010, 06:11 AM
We had shrimp creole for dinner last night, along with a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly. We usually have some sort of seafood on NYE. Today, however, is Friday and Friday is pizza night.:D

Jeff will make the dough and fashion one of his terrific 'za's!:D

Happy New Year everyone!!

RICHARD
01-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi DJ, sorry I over looked your order...I have to make it up to you!

OM,
LOL, I woke up this morning and thought it was SATURDAY!:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
OM,
LOL, I woke up this morning and thought it was SATURDAY!:eek:

I keep thinking it's Sunday!!! :D

My brain must be frazzled. I've noticed several of my tv channels are showing their programs in what would be called "letter box" if they were movies. Even Fox news is that way. Only some of the stations are doing it. Some are only doing it during commercials. Are they just trying to irk me?

What's the use of having a big screen tv if they don't use it? :confused:

Maybe I need a nap. :D

RICHARD
01-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I keep thinking it's Sunday!!! :D

My brain must be frazzled. I've noticed several of my tv channels are showing their programs in what would be called "letter box" if they were movies. Even Fox news is that way. Only some of the stations are doing it. Some are only doing it during commercials. Are they just trying to irk me?

What's the use of having a big screen tv if they don't use it? :confused:

Maybe I need a nap. :D

A soft blankie, pillow and a place on the couch in front of the fireplace..
You can have the remote too!:)

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
01-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the Coffee! Its still rainy...it was sunny for a couple of hours today but now it is raining again. I hope it doesn't rain on the DUCKS today!

Some nachos and a moutain dew...I can totally drink it here! :D

RICHARD
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the Coffee! Its still rainy...it was sunny for a couple of hours today but now it is raining again. I hope it doesn't rain on the DUCKS today!

Some nachos and a moutain dew...I can totally drink it here! :D

Nachos and MD for you...Sorry about the Ducks....

I did get to see two of the jets that were there for the pregame....they flew over the house!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Just popped in for some nachoes that I heard were lurking about! :D

The Turner classic movie channel has been showing movies in letterbox format. They look like letterbox in letterbox on my tv now. Why can't my cable co keep their sticky paws off things when they have them working right? ;)

Oh, the kids have been pretty good the last couple of days. They earned a catnip tea, please? :love:

Pinot's Mom
01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Nachos? Did someone say Nachos? I'll have some, please, with a big glass of Sangria! We just de-Christmased the house (I know that's not a word, but you all know what I meant) and vacuumed up all the needles (and vacuumed, and vacuumed....):rolleyes:. Nachos to celebrate!:)

RICHARD
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh man,

I am behind!

Nachos for everyone!!!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Barkeep, you are behind...the nachos were SO YESTERDAY!!:rolleyes:

The Ravens are in the playoffs! It's a football Sunday (with a new "HDMI" cable on our HDTV with a new DirecTV receiver-what a picture!)-set up a round for the house! Myself, I'm wrapping up the night, so I'll have a glass of port and some cookies, thanks!

davidpizzica
01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Barkeep, you are behind...the nachos were SO YESTERDAY!!:rolleyes:

The Ravens are in the playoffs! It's a football Sunday (with a new "HDMI" cable on our HDTV with a new DirecTV receiver-what a picture!)-set up a round for the house! Myself, I'm wrapping up the night, so I'll have a glass of port and some cookies, thanks!

Since the Steelers had a slim to none chance to make the playoffs and were eliminated, I'll root for the Ravens to go all the way! RICHARD, may I have a big cup of coffee with Bailey's and whatever is for breakfast.

Pinot's Mom
01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks David! I'll join you for breakfast! :)

RICHARD
01-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Gosh, coffee and Bailey's for everyone!

DONE!

Queen of Poop
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Make mine straight baileys. Having a heck of a morning so far!:mad:

Lady's Human
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Sure you want the straight Bailey's and not what the Bailey's is made out of?

:p

I'll join you, about to go to work and DURN it's cold out there. Someone send me some global warming please?

Pinot's Mom
01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm with you on the cold! We've had days and days of high winds with cold. We really need a break!

I never do coffee this late in the day (caffeine), but coffee with Bailey's really sounds good!!:)

jennielynn1970
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Sure you want the straight Bailey's and not what the Bailey's is made out of?

:p

Ya know, I just made my home made Bailey's this weekend! it's yummy!!!

Lady's Human
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Home made Irish Cream? Do tell!

(And If'n ya don't I'll sic Orc and the Little Orange Kitty on ya!)

Pinot's Mom
01-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Home made Irish Cream? Do tell!

(And If'n ya don't I'll sic Orc and the Little Orange Kitty on ya!)

I'd like to know, too! My husband and I make our own wine (quite good, by the way, from crushed grapes purchased out of California) and have dabbled in some liqueurs. We tried a key lime creme and I don't think we got the creme portion quite right.

Little Orange Kitty - go get that recipe!!

In the meantime, good morning, y'all! Coffee, fruit and toasted muffins on the bar for breakfast! :)

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Good Morning People!

I can brew up some more coffee, tea and put out some butter for the toast.

I have been slacking off lately, doing a little NY's thinking and putting to bed some of the stuff that I had left over from last year!

jennielynn1970
01-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I've been making this since 1995, when my first room mate gave me the recipe. It's amazing!!! And EASY!!!!

The recipe calls for half and half. You can use light cream, but it will be really thick! DO NOT USE HEAVY CREAM!! You will end up with pudding, lol! Half and half makes it just the right consistency and thickness.

Home made Bailey’s Irish Cream

2 c. half and half
1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. instant coffee
1 beaten egg yolk
1/2 c. - 2/3 c. Irish Whiskey
1/4 c. - 1/3 c. rum
2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
1 Tbsp. vanilla
Dash of cinnamon

Put cream, sweetened condensed milk and instant coffee and egg yolk in a pot and whisk together. Heat till coffee disolves making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot like pudding does. Boil for 2 minutes.

Remove from heat and add rum, whiskey, chocolate syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir and enjoy. Serve chilled or warm over ice cubes.

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Bailey's?

Let me put out the glasses!:D

Queen of Poop
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm in!!! Need something to help warm me up.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Hot cocoa with plenty of 'mallows' for me please. More snow on the way preceded by sleet and freezing rain then dropping temps to the below 0s starting tomorrow. sigh

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Hot cocoa with plenty of 'mallows' for me please. More snow on the way preceded by sleet and freezing rain then dropping temps to the below 0s starting tomorrow. sigh

What did everyone do to deserve this weather?

Hot cocoa with mallows!

ORC, do not throw things at the patrons!

DONE!

QoP,

One glass?

DONE!

Karen
01-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Barkeep, hot cup of chai, please? Gonna go toss some bird seed down in the back yard for tomorrow's visitors, and it is seasonably nippy out there. We're not in the deep freeze like some of the country, it is 29 but "feels like" 19 out there, just right for a good hot cup of chai when I return, okay?

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Barkeep, hot cup of chai, please? Gonna go toss some bird seed down in the back yard for tomorrow's visitors, and it is seasonably nippy out there. We're not in the deep freeze like some of the country, it is 29 but "feels like" 19 out there, just right for a good hot cup of chai when I return, okay?

Of course!

Wear your mittens!

YOu just reminded me of something!

DONE!

Karen
01-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Task done - I don't wear mittens for that one, but I love my mittens, so wear them for most any other task. Heck, bet you California folks don't even own good mittens!

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 10:00 PM
well, not mittens.......

;)

Catty1
01-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Here's the way to warm up. :)

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/funny-pictures-many-cats-are-on-bed.jpg

RICHARD
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/funny-pictures-many-cats-are-on-bed.jpg

LOL, throw another cat on the pyre?;)

Karen
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Not if I want to be able to breathe, it isn't!

And yeah, Richard, that's what I suspected. Serious cold warrants mittens - keeping the fingers together conserves heat better than separating them. As a kid, if I only had gloves, I would pull my finger back into the palms to keep them warm.

No, we weren't too poor to have mittens - I was just too adept at losing them, that's the only reason I ever didn't have them!

RICHARD
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
No, we weren't too poor to have mittens - I was just too adept at losing them, that's the only reason I ever didn't have them!

http://c0389161.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/dyn/str_strip/306474.full.gif

Today's comic!;)

Queen of Poop
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Mittens are must here!! I have sheepskin gloves, too darn cold most days for them. I love my sheepskin mittens and my downfilled mittens.

Still freezing here, could I get a hot tea please?

RICHARD
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Mittens are must here!! I have sheepskin gloves, too darn cold most days for them. I love my sheepskin mittens and my downfilled mittens.

Still freezing here, could I get a hot tea please?

Why not!

A cup of tea?

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
We're still in the deep freeze, too. I'll have some of Jenn's homemade Bailey's, please, and....hmmm....what with it? How about some nice warm mince pie a la mode??

Lady's Human
01-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Mince pie?

DONE!

We'll share it, I don't think there's too much demand for it, I usually wind up eating the whole mince pie LOH makes for thanksgiving dinner.

Karen
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Oooh, I'll have some mince pie, too - in here I don't have to worry about whether it is safe!

Currently enjoying a hot cup of chai, after a bad allergic reaction to my lunch out. I'll share if anyone wants some!

pomtzu
01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
It's so cold here that I'm turning in to a popsicle!

How about a slice of that mince pie if there's any left - with whipped cream for the topping. I'm like LH - I make it and eat the whole thing myself. I'm more than willing to share, but I never have any takers.

A big mug of coffee is what the doctor ordered to go with the pie.

Thanks a bunch! :D

Lady's Human
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
You mean I have to SHARE my mince pie in here?

:(

Well that's just not fair!

Coffee, on the other hand, is best shared. I'll brew a pot of peaberry for everyone.

Pinot's Mom
01-06-2010, 07:01 PM
You mean I have to SHARE my mince pie in here?

:(

Well that's just not fair!

Awww, don't be upset, remember the supply is endless! Have another slice!:)

Lady's Human
01-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I think I will, along with some Irish coffee.

Puckstop31
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Oddly, I like the cold weather.

Yeah, that is weird...

RICHARD
01-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey everbody.

I am am going to start uip Thursday #350..